Harry Potter - The 20 Year Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What has JK actually said that is hateful though? I've been trying to find answer to this for nearly two years and have still got nowhere beyind being told not to be lazy by asking that question and to do my own research.
I believe it kicked off due to her commenting on an articles headline that said “people who menstruate” and she said that women menstruate. Totally blowing it out of proportion and the snowflake generation jumped on her and have been cancelling her ever since.

They choose to actively ignore the many, many times she has been supportive of the trans community.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I believe it kicked off due to her commenting on an articles headline that said “people who menstruate” and she said that women menstruate. Totally blowing it out of proportion and the snowflake generation jumped on her and have been cancelling her ever since.

They choose to actively ignore the many, many times she has been supportive of the trans community.

It's a mixture of sad and scary when saying that women menstruate is seen as hate speech against trans people. No it bleeping isn't. If trans people are not comfortable with reality getting in the way of the fantasy they live inside then that is their problem and nobody else's I'm afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It's a mixture of sad and scary when saying that women menstruate is seen as hate speech against trans people. No it bleeping isn't. If trans people are not comfortable with reality getting in the way of the fantasy they live inside then that is their problem and nobody else's I'm afraid.
Exactly. Unfortunately too many people just believe what Twitter tells them.

STILL no one has provided any examples of transphobic comments Jo has ever made. Obviously because there aren't any.

I really wish those that regurgitate this nonsense would actually read Jo's essay and make their own minds up. The people-with-penises that hate women so much really need to be challenged as they get away with it far too much.

So disappointed that Jo is treated so disrespectfully, especially by the 3 frankly mediocre actors who owe her everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Exactly. Unfortunately too many people just believe what Twitter tells them.

STILL no one has provided any examples of transphobic comments Jo has ever made. Obviously because there aren't any.

I really wish those that regurgitate this nonsense would actually read Jo's essay and make their own minds up. The people-with-penises that hate women so much really need to be challenged as they get away with it far too much.

So disappointed that Jo is treated so disrespectfully, especially by the 3 frankly mediocre actors who owe her everything.

These people exist entirely within an echo chamber that they believe reflects the real world. They honestly think that people introduce themselves by announcing their pronouns along with their name. Or that people actually refer them themselves as "cis".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a transgender family member so I don't appreciate at all that JK Rowling uses her platform to express views that are against transgender people. I think people should have personal views and opinions etc, but where the line gets crossed is when famous/ well known people use their platforms to express those views. That makes it not a personal thing any more - it makes it a conscious choice to try to influence a lot of other people to have the same views. As such, I can understand in today's day and age why they didn't want to include her more in the special.
I have a transgender family member too. Neither he nor the rest of my family approve or support the disgusting attacks on JK Rowling and the way in which activists have twisted her words.

What specifically do you believe she has said that is “against transgender people”?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have a transgender family member too. Neither he nor the rest of my family approve or support the disgusting attacks on JK Rowling and the way in which activists have twisted her words.

What specifically do you believe she has said that is “against transgender people”?

There is only ever one answer to that question.

"It's all there to be found"

Reactions: 6
The three big names shouldn’t really be biting the hand that fed them! Still, she’ll be relevant in 100 years with her literary legacy, will they
They must remake the film's at some point making the original actors less relevant, if done well.

The original movies (well the first few) came out at an unfortunate time when they thought they could do everything with CGI, and they really couldn't. They looked bad at the time and haven't aged well unlike earlier shot movies that used CG sparingly and mainly used clever practical effects.

Reactions: 3
The original movies (well the first few) came out at an unfortunate time when they thought they could do everything with CGI, and they really couldn't. They looked bad at the time and haven't aged well unlike earlier shot movies that used CG sparingly and mainly used clever practical effects.
i actually love that it makes it so nostalgic! 😊

Reactions: 4
Yeah I agree and to me it's only really certain moments of the first movie that seem dated. Even then I think they hold up better than the Fantastic Beasts movies that all so obviously on green screen and use cgi with minimal real sets, adds a coldness/remoteness

• Heart
i actually love that it makes it so nostalgic! 😊
Yeah I can see that, I still think its ripe for a remake. The movies do document how technology progressed and the later ones stand up well thesedays. All very inconsistent.

I just personally hate terrible CG and find it so distracting it takes away from the enjoyment and out of the movie.

Even then I think they hold up better than the Fantastic Beasts movies
Even today there's still so much terrible CG, but it's more to do with time/money constraints than technology. Studios are just like "it's good enough" even though they know it isn't great either.

Reactions: 2
Oh no it’s way too early for a remake imo!

I think with the play, fantastic beasts and Universal there’s enough to keep everyone happy at the moment but I do reckon they will think about a remake or possibly a show to keep the money coming in.

The reunion was nice but I would have preferred it to be longer as it seemed a bit rushed at times. An episode per film probably would have been too much but maybe three episodes? 1-3, 4-6 and 7s.

A film version of cursed child will happen before remakes.

I think any further films or spin offs will be carefully considered as Fantastic Beasts is slowly getting less and less popular as each movie comes out. I'm not even sure remakes would happen as the movies are so loved. They'll have to play it very carefully.

Rather than a remake, it's almost perfect for a streaming service to make a tv series. Because there is so much depth to go in to that a film doesn't have time to go in to. And it would allow more of the story of Harry's parents time to be told as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah I do wonder if streaming had been around then whether it would have gone to TV series.

A series starring unknowns could work really well. The films were a bit obsessed with cramming every British actor under the sun into the films.

A film version of cursed child will happen before remakes.

I think any further films or spin offs will be carefully considered as Fantastic Beasts is slowly getting less and less popular as each movie comes out. I'm not even sure remakes would happen as the movies are so loved. They'll have to play it very carefully.
Have to say I'm not a fan of the Fantastic Beasts film series. They don't have the 'magic' of the original HP series at all and the storyline isn't as good. In fact they seem to have been stretched out too much - 3 films should have been more than enough.

I remember thinking when they first started that they might be better with experienced actors in the lead roles rather than kids, but I'm not very keen on Redmayne, and the main protagonists just don't interest me as much as characters.

I saw The Cursed Child on stage (before lockdown) and its an amazing production but again the story isn't as strong as the original Potter series. It's worth seeing on stage because the way they do the magic is incredible. I'm not convinced it would make a great film though.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the Fantastic Beasts film series. They don't have the 'magic' of the original HP series at all and the storyline isn't as good. In fact they seem to have been stretched out too much - 3 films should have been more than enough.

I remember thinking when they first started that they might be better with experienced actors in the lead roles rather than kids, but I'm not very keen on Redmayne, and the main protagonists just don't interest me as much as characters.

I saw The Cursed Child on stage (before lockdown) and its an amazing production but again the story isn't as strong as the original Potter series. It's worth seeing on stage because the way they do the magic is incredible. I'm not convinced it would make a great film though.
The magic in cursed child is incredible on stage. Such a clever production

The magic in cursed child is incredible on stage. Such a clever production
Yeah for me that's the appeal and what works about cursed child. The story is average at best, its basically poor fan fiction and just an excuse to use stage magic to put Harry Potter on stage