Harry Potter - The 20 Year Reunion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone watched? I quite enjoyed it although thought some big names like Warrick Davis and Julie Walters were missing.

It was lovely to hear Emma, Rupert and Daniel reminisce about their time on set.

Also thought they paid a lovely tribute to those no longer with us, especially Alan šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I found it really emotional! There were some people missing though and I would have liked to see a chat with all of them together, but all in all it was nicely done

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I watched yesterday and really enjoyed it, felt really emotional at times. It was so lovely to hear them all reminisce over their time on set and how they passed the time. Interesting hearing from the different directors and how they took on the job and why they didn't continue.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I still have to watch it, I saw some spoilers. I loved the hug Emma gave Tom.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Itā€™s a pity they iced JKRowling out so much,
She deserved better.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I watched it and found it really emotional. I was 8 when the first film came out and 18 when the last did so truly grew up with them. Was one of those queueing at midnight for the last 3 books!

It was very sad when they spoke about those they have lost since.

I canā€™t imagine how odd it must have been for the actors who started as children and were making the films for ten years, when it all just ended.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As someone who grew up with the stories and movies, I enjoyed it. I thought the tributes to the cast members no longer with us was very emotional, especially Alan Rickman who was my favourite character as Snape.

It felt weird that the only mentions of Jo were very fleeting but then I guess it was more about the movies than the books so it wasnā€™t too big of a deal.

I still think they did her dirty though.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I found it really emotional! There were some people missing though and I would have liked to see a chat with all of them together, but all in all it was nicely done
Yes I would have loved for them all to sit round and discuss it. Im guessing Covid stopped that though? Although they did seem to mix so who knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i have to wait another couple of days until i watch it (long story šŸ˜‚) but i've been trying to prepare myself for an hour and 40 minutes of crying... any tips?

Reactions: 1
i have to wait another couple of days until i watch it (long story šŸ˜‚) but i've been trying to prepare myself for an hour and 40 minutes of crying... any tips?
Itā€™s really not that emotional, it was very good though! Glad to have seen it

• Wow
Reactions: 7
When they do the in memoriam bit, it was struggling. And Emma and Tom, just being cute as duck.

I was disappointed there wasn't more of Alfred Enoch's pretty face in it. For me he was the most beautiful cast member.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The bit with Robbie Coltrane at the end where he looks emotional had me bawling! And Danielā€™s autograph to HBC was so funny.

I agree JK deserved better. None of this wouldā€™ve happened without her. Despite her thoughts and whether anyone agrees or disagrees, I despise this ā€œcancel cultureā€.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
i can't believe they barely included jk. she literally created the whole universe šŸ„ŗ

Reactions: 29
I agree. I didn't think it was emotional.

The tribute bit to all the actors who have died was nice.

Ridiculous they didn't invite JKR and the 3 clips from 2019 they used felt like they have been shoehorned in to appease people complaining she wasn't involved.

Reactions: 15
I agree. I didn't think it was emotional.

The tribute bit to all the actors who have died was nice.

Ridiculous they didn't invite JKR and the 3 clips from 2019 they used felt like they have been shoehorned in to appease people complaining she wasn't involved.
she has the strength and conviction to speak out against ridiculous woke culture and ends up being cancelled from her legacy, the sole reason this whole hogwarts world exists.
the world is fucked.

I donā€™t think Emma and Tom have a romantic vibe to their relationship, I see brother and sister! Clearly very good friends though.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Iā€™m really enjoying it so far, Iā€™m currently rereading the books and I did a HP marathon the other day! I doubt thereā€™ll ever be a series that is so beloved ever

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm guessing Daniel and Rupert weren't available for all the filming as I found it strange at the start that the focus seemed to be on Emma and not Daniel or all 3 of them. Even a lot of PR pieces seem to focus on her.

Also agree the lack of Jo Rowling was ridiculous and disrespectful.

Otherwise I thought it was really good and well done. I thought it seemed early for a reunion as its only been 10 years since they ended, but it was nice to revisit that world and that cast. I love HP but the Fantastic Beasts movies just don't cut it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15