Harry & Meghan #7 The Markle Debacle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last night I wasted my life watching Meg/Harry videos on YouTube. I wanted to see her shoving him out of the way, if I'm honest. However, I just saw her looking permanently lost. She didn't know where to stand, what to do, who or how to meet and greet. I'm wondering if she had any sort of training at all or was just left to it because she was already an actress so had "media training". It's obviously not the same thing and I almost felt sorry for her. I doubt that role is easy, even for someone with her background.

Reactions: 15
Last night I wasted my life watching Meg/Harry videos on YouTube. I wanted to see her shoving him out of the way, if I'm honest. However, I just saw her looking permanently lost. She didn't know where to stand, what to do, who or how to meet and greet. I'm wondering if she had any sort of training at all or was just left to it because she was already an actress so had "media training". It's obviously not the same thing and I almost felt sorry for her. I doubt that role is easy, even for someone with her background.
I think she knew best, wouldn’t be told, refused intervention or guidance and only has herself to blame.

Reactions: 16
How can anyone see if she was breastfeeding? She was away from him for 4/5 days must have been painful and a lot of expressing in between getting her new work visa and packing up the house !!!
One word darling ... servants.
Plus maybe she has a wet nurse. You know, like in ye olden tymes in ye merrie England before breast pumps were invented. A recently sprogged commoner with loads of yummy healthy boob juice so madam can fart about doing her merrie olde thing unhindered.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Another friend bites the dust ....

Good for Victoria. Not sure how she let this fraud under her normally good radar in the first place. I suppose to please Harry.
I like Victoria, I think she'd be great fun on a night out. David is squeaky voiced moron though, typical footballer.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Harry and Meghan screwed us Brits good. Now they're off to Hollywood.

Reactions: 10
You are far too kind.

I thought it was said she turned down some of the training offered by Buckingham Palace to help her get up to speed?

• Wow
As far as I can tell this hasn't been posted here yet (sorry if I've missed it).
Edit: it's behind a paywall, so I'm copy/pasting the article, placed under Spoiler so nobody has to scroll through a lot of text.

Plans devised amid fears media intrusion in North America may force Harry and Meghan to move back to UK

Senior royals are drawing up contingency plans to provide the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with a haven in the UK, amid fears that the intrusion of photographers in North America could force them to move back across the Atlantic.
Sources close to the royal household say Prince Charles and Prince William have been “reaching out” to Harry and Meghan to say that if they wanted to return to the UK full-time they could do so without having to resume their official royal duties.

Courtiers fear the pressure of media scrutiny on Vancouver Island, where the Sussexes are staying, will take a heavy toll on the couple.

A historic “divorce” deal was thrashed out by Buckingham Palace last weekend that will see Harry and Meghan move to North America, stop using their HRH titles and surrender state funding in exchange for the freedom to seek commercial deals in areas where they can promote their charitable values.

But royal sources say the pair are under severe strain and that family members and staff are concerned about the effect the breakaway is having on them.

Prince Harry broke cover last week to express his disappointment that he had been asked to give up his military titles as part of the agreement, including his role as captain-general of the Royal Marines.

“The palace are very worried about the Sussexes, because they are vulnerable outside the embrace of the family,” a source said.

The residence of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan is seen from a boat on the Saanich Inlet, North Saanich in British Columbia.
“They are making contingency plans in case the Sussexes suddenly turn round and say: ‘Can we come back under your wing?’ ”

Under the terms of the deal, the Sussexes will keep Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor estate as their British base, but will repay the £2.4 million of taxpayers’ money used to renovate the property and will pay for its upkeep in future.

It is a location where royal officials think it will be easier to protect them from media scrutiny.

“You could bring them back to Frogmore to look after them. They wouldn’t return to royal duties, but they could have a period of rehabilitation and recuperation,” a source said.

“You see the way it has disintegrated over there in the last few days. What is happening is that they are being told that there is love and affection on standby.”

Courtiers are also looking into other boltholes for the couple. “They could spend a month at Sandringham. There is also the Prince of Wales’s house in Wales.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
“This is a looking ahead thing. There’s no timeline here. But everybody agrees that this is a fragile couple. Nobody is going to say, no they can’t come back.”

Others think that while Harry might want to return, Meghan is committed to a life away from what she has told friends is a “soul-crushing” existence in the royal household.

Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the couple’s use of the “Sussex Royal” name.

In the meantime, the focus is on reaching out to Harry. “They are trying to rebuild the relationship between Charles and Harry and indeed between William and Harry,” a source said.

“They are phoning him and trying to talk to him and extending a friendly hand.”

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.