Harry & Meghan #60 They Think It's All Oprah... It is Now!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I apologize for bringing up the monkey/ chimpanzee cartoon. I certainly did not mean to spark this level of controversy.
I only mentioned it because I am afraid the orca interview may bring up something like that and elicit huge sympathy for Meghan.
But, you know, from the comments above this is what they do now.
They will either be successful or flop. They may go too far for the UK or the RF and suffer the consequences.
We can just appreciate the humor of the situation ~ from the life of a Prince to this.

Reactions: 22
I'm an oldie - 60 today! Now back in 1973 there was a hit song by Hot Chocolate - 'Brother Louie' - which was about the relationship between a black woman and a white guy and the racism they faced by both sets of parents. I cannot believe that nearly 50 years later these things are still such spiky issues. One thing I do note is that there are no white people screaming racism by blacks towards them. Does that mean that one side never uses racist language/chanting against white people now or is it just not reported? I'm interested and apologise if the question offends which is not my intention.
Happy Birthday!!!! 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm no royal but I haven't carried cash in about a year due to covid etc. So Hazno mentioning this now is a bit of a "no tit, Sherlock" comment :rolleyes:
No me neither. I paid for something little in cash the other day. I felt a bit bad handing over dirty coins.

Dirty, as in they were touched by me.
I’m not the shittest money-launderer in the U.K. Just passing stolen coins 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m not surprised.

You would’ve had an ‘onslaught’ from me as well if a radio DJ had likened my newborn baby to a chimpanzee (black, white, or mixed race), and you tried to defend him in front of me.

He was bang out of order and I am flabbergasted to see support for him on here.

I would’ve been disgusted all day long if someone, famous DJ or not, had likened my child to a monkey. WHO would laugh if someone said their new baby looked like a monkey? Who? I don’t know anyone who would find that funny. whatever colour or race they were.

Can you not appreciate why your black woman colleague was so angry and upset about what she had seen? She obviously took the chimpanzee picture that the DJ chose to represent Archie at face value, as did a hell of a lot of other people at the time. How was she to know that this particular DJ had a habit of comparing humans to monkeys and it was all such a big laugh for him and his white mates?

I doubt your black woman colleague would have found the monkey comparisons funny whichever way they were spun. a joke is only funny when everyone can laugh, not just the white DJ and his mates.
I disagree. It has been pointed out time after time that him posting chimp images was a running theme long before cuntchops produced her sprog. It was NOT new, it was not intentionally racist and he removed it as soon as it was pointed out.
No different to pom and her corgi theme. Wouldn't be her fault if some bleep took offense because she finds it demeaning to all corgis and corgi-ist.
It was unfortunate but not intentionally racist. People need to get a grip on reality. Not everything that causes offense is deliberate. tit happens, get over it.:rolleyes:

If people abstained from expressing their racist attitudes, then people like the black woman at your work would not have needed to go ’on and on and on and on and on and on about something ad nauseam’ (your words).

Despite her going, ‘on and on and on and on and on and on about something ad nauseam’, you still didn’t appear to listen and understand her point of view. She probably can’t stand people who won’t listen.
Start your own thread on it, this repeat repeat repeat is boring the crap out of some of us.

OKAY, so the theme today is racism.
I'll leave you all to it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
DH watches Discovery + app on Sky Q. It's full of tit like Edge of Alaska where people battle the cold weather like it's a daily surprise :cautious: drives me round the fecking bend. It's a bit nerdy and niche, tbh. Lots of expedition sort of stuff.

Perfect home for the Harkles :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The phoney bidding war for Oprah & Harkles is now ITV v Discovery

I could see ITV walking away from this as they aren't being given much time to adjust schedules or bring on board advertisers for the Special. I'm not sure they will overpay either, it's a tough year for commercial TV.

ETA: Does anyone watch Discovery?
A shopping channel would be the best place, she can merch to her hearts content at 2.30am

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.