Harry & Meghan #55 With a lawsuit here and a lawsuit there, here I sue, there I sue, ever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst Googling The Countess of Bradford, I discovered she is joint director, along with her husband The Earl, of a website called Busy Working Mums (BWM) which was set up in 2016.

On the BWM website, The Countess, Penny Law, introduces herself and highlights some high profile things she has been involved with, including primetime TV shows. At no point does she mention Smeggy. Surely, if she had delivered Archie, she would also include this royal connection amongst her other achievements? This accolade would surely trump some TV shows?

My take from this is that she WASN’T involved, as was originally stated in the now removed Sun article, or else she would be talking all about it on her professional mum website.

Can anyone who has read, or owns FF, confirm that Countess Penny Law was explicitly named as the OB who delivered Archie? If it indeed does mention her, isn’t that yet another lie? How would that have got past the Royal Communication Team’s, Sara, who was confirmed as a fact checker for FF? Was she lied to as well?

Here is Penny’s intro on her BWM website...

MEET PENNY
Dr Penelope Law is a consultant obstetrician with more than two decades of experience of teaching and practicing Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Central London, as well as being a qualified nurse and doctor.
Dr Law is a mother and a writer for The Huffington Post as well as the author of ‘Expecting a Baby’ which was commissioned for the series ‘One Born Every Minute’.
She is familiar with hot-topic pregnancy issues and recently featured in the BBC 2 documentary about the Portland Hospital entitled “Five star Babies” in which she champions personal and attentive care for pregnant women.

Reactions: 13
If the Sun took it from FF then it was from Minge surely? It couldn't have been the other way round, that the Sun printed it and FF copied it? Am going mad here 🙁:unsure:.
I meant that the magazine article is still there, not the Sun article. It would be interesting to see what the Sun article says and I hope someone tracks it down. I would also be interested to see if the magazine article was printed after the Sun article as a counterbalance to something in the Sun article, and the doc was asked to lend weight to it.
As we don't know what the Sun article is about we've no idea whether the doc was involved nor not or whether she had it removed, or sued them. But she was involved with the magazine article which has not been taken down - that's what i meant but it's all rather confusing isn't it.
How do you know that she was involved with the magazine article?

I think the reason that the magazine article has not been removed is because it is a US company and their freedom of speech laws are more generous than ours, somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Like Tattle being based in the US means we are able to voice our opinions whether wrong or right, on U.K. based discussion forums our comments are likely to be removed for fear of being sued if incorrect. (Which may be why the DM is now allowing moon bump type comments to stand. In the past they were scared of being sued. Now they know these comments are not libellous, ie they are correct, so they now allow such comments to remain as they know Smeggy will not be able to sue them.)

I have tried to find out where The Great Celebrity magazine, which featured the Countess article, is based. I can’t find anything on their website. It contains a lot of US news and celebs so I think that is the reason why that article is still live. The Sun one is U.K. based and has been taken down because it is untrue. The magazine article may remain, even though untrue, because freedom of speech laws are different in the country it is based in, which I presume is the US. Basically, just because the mag article hasn’t been taken down, does not necessarily mean it is true if it was produced outside the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I have just found the following You Tube video asking whether The Countess of Bradford delivered Archie. It was put up a year ago but they are asking the same questions that we are.

I have not watched it yet as I was too eager to share my find with you Tattlers! Had a quick glance through the first lot of comments and somebody says that The Countess clarified it was NOT her. Someone else says that they clicked on the Sun article about this matter and, when they next clicked, it had gone!

This video may answer all our questions!
Well done for finding this. I've just had a listen while she was looking at her tarot cards and it seems there was trickery and some sort of crisis, but it's all speculation like I'm doing here.
Interesting she says that the newspapers wrote an article but BP (?) asked them to remove it. Could have been the Sun article? Maybe H&M went to the hospital for the "birth" and called the press, and BP squashed it because there had been no birth. Sounds far-fetched but possible though it doesn't explain the magazine article and the doc's involvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I forgot to put this on 😄 as suggested last night 😃😘 xx.

I had to make the ripped corduroy in piles lol as it's the best I could find 😄 xx.

The rest of the pic is blurry as I took a screenshot from a gif (it's cabbages in the real pic🤭)
Resizer_16123330526230.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the reason that the magazine article has not been removed is because it is a US company and their freedom of speech laws are more generous than ours, somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Like Tattle being based in the US means we are able to voice our opinions whether wrong or right, on U.K. based discussion forums our comments are likely to be removed for fear of being sued if incorrect. (Which may be why the DM is now allowing moon bump type comments to stand. In the past they were scared of being sued. Now they know these comments are not libellous, ie they are correct, so they now allow such comments to remain as they know Smeggy will not be able to sue them.)

I have tried to find out where The Great Celebrity magazine, which featured the Countess article, is based. I can’t find anything on their website. It contains a lot of US news and celebs so I think that is the reason why that article is still live. The Sun one is U.K. based and has been taken down because it is untrue.

I'm in the US but I'm not a lawyer. That said, yes, our freedom of speech laws give them a lot of wiggle room. They get even more leeway because Hazzno and Megzy are public figures. Public figures have to meet a higher standard and prove actual malice to collect damages.

Reactions: 25
Nice idea, but I doubt they would grant a FOI request for that due to GDPR regulations and it being 'sensitive' info regarding a child/Royal family. It would be the General Register Office that would deal with any such request.
Shall I give it a go, just in case? 😀
But surely there's no harm in confirming what you didn't do?!
Shall we ask her via her Busy Working Mums website??? 🤪🤪🤪🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Whilst Googling The Countess of Bradford, I discovered she is joint director, along with her husband The Earl, of a website called Busy Working Mums (BWM) which was set up in 2016.

On the BWM website, The Countess, Penny Law, introduces herself and highlights some high profile things she has been involved with, including primetime TV shows. At no point does she mention Smeggy. Surely, if she had delivered Archie, she would also include this royal connection amongst her other achievements? This accolade would surely trump some TV shows?

My take from this is that she WASN’T involved, as was originally stated in the now removed Sun article, or else she would be talking all about it on her professional mum website.

Can anyone who has read, or owns FF, confirm that Countess Penny Law was explicitly named as the OB who delivered Archie? If it indeed does mention her, isn’t that yet another lie? How would that have got past the Royal Communication Team’s, Sara, who was confirmed as a fact checker for FF? Was she lied to as well?

MEET PENNY
Dr Penelope Law is a consultant obstetrician with more than two decades of experience of teaching and practicing Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Central London, as well as being a qualified nurse and doctor.
Dr Law is a mother and a writer for The Huffington Post as well as the author of ‘Expecting a Baby’ which was commissioned for the series ‘One Born Every Minute’.
She is familiar with hot-topic pregnancy issues and recently featured in the BBC 2 documentary about the Portland Hospital entitled “Five star Babies” in which she champions personal and attentive care for pregnant women.

We don't know if she was mentioned in the removed Sun article. I've not been able to stomach reading FF so maybe someone can confirm if it says the doc delivered Archie or not.

Reactions: 14
Do we know if she was mentioned in the removed Sun article? I've not been able to stomach reading FF so maybe someone can confirm if it says the doc delivered Archie or not.
Same as me. I have not read FF either. Please can someone who has read it, or has a copy of it, confirm whether Penny Law the Countess of Bradford is confirmed as being the doctor who delivered Archie at the Portland? The answer to this is key.

Reactions: 12
Same as me. I have not read FF either. Please can someone who has read it, or has a copy of it, confirm whether Penny Law the Countess of Bradford is confirmed as being the doctor who delivered Archie at the Portland? The answer to this is key.
Yes as you say this is key. Even if the dates of FF and the birth are over a year apart, the information as to whether the doctor was involved could have been out there a long time before FF was written. Will wait and see!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Was the article quietly removed, or was a redaction/apology printed?
I cannot find anything regarding the Sun and an apology / damages regarding The Countess of Bradford. Maybe someone with the ability to search court cases can unearth something?

However, what I did find on my search is a lovely article about The Countess in the DM on 20 April 2020, when the UK was at the start of the pandemic and really struggling to source PPE. The article discusses the resourcefulness of The Countess in trying to obtain supplies for medical staff. There is NO MENTION AT ALL about any connection to H&M and the birth. I did note, however, in the few comments underneath the article, that someone praised this doc and suggested the Sussexes took a leaf out of her book!

SHOUT OUT TATTLERS!

WHO HAS A COPY OR EBOOK OF FINDING FREEDOM?

WE NEED YOU TO DO A FACT CHECK!

PLEASE HELP US SOLVE A CONUNDRUM!

Reactions: 11
There is one reference to ob-gyn Penelope Law on the second page of chapter 20 of Finding Freedom (sorry I don't have a page number). I found it by running a search for the word "law" in a PDF of the book.

Reactions: 10
We'll have to agree to differ here. It didn't occur to me that there could be an ulterior motive for being driven to a maternity hospital at night when you are overdue other than to have your baby. Most people reading the article would take it at face value and believe that posh doc stepped in as she says and delivered Hazzno's overdue child.

Whatever the truth, posh doc was pictured in an article which is untruthful, royal sources or not. No wonder the Sun link has gone, it's all lies and I bet posh doc's got egg on her face.

Baroness Fffolkesholme - Scammer of Compton
However nowhere in the article is a quote from the doctor about this. There is one quote about something unrelated from what I guess is a previous interview.
It says:
Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "In keeping with the couple's wishes for the details of the birth to remain private, we have not released or named the medical team."

The Portland also declined to comment, because of patient confidentiality.

So I don't think she claimed to deliver anything. It might be that she was on call on that night so has been linked that way.

It's all a bit strange isn't it. I don't really see how they've got away with it. But the doctors involved would never speak to the press - you just don't do that about your patients, not cos of money if you're private, but you just don't do it, when people are your patients, you're there to help them, mosy go into this profession in the UK because you care (yes it's a well off career but not the millionaire career it is in the US), and like, you just don't break patient confidentiality, it would be exploiting somebody who came to you for help. Feels wrong. I have to treat some absolutely vile people and even murderers when they come from prison for medical care - I keep it easy and give everyone my best, you treat their body and not the mind inside it.

Just my two cents!
And dont forget that nurse who was so mortified about breaking confidentiality, in a wind up phone call that she killed herself. That was in the same area as the Portland, though I can't remember which hospital.
Apart from the questions this raises one other thing sticks out. .. when it is removed for legal reasons, as I assume this means, then why do you leave the link landing page, blank as it is, with that phrase sitting in full view for anyone to see. That's hardly removing all traces.
It caught my eye because I don't think I have ever seen that before and I have clicked many links that are broken.
Inherently inquisitive. That's me. Sorry, not sorry 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Apart from the questions this raises one other thing sticks out. .. when it is removed for legal reasons, as I assume this means, then why do you leave the link landing page, blank as it is, with that phrase sitting in full view for anyone to see. That's hardly removing all traces.
It caught my eye because I don't think I have ever seen that before and I have clicked many links that are broken.
Inherently inquisitive. That's me. Sorry, not sorry 😁
I'm just guessing, but you might leave it there for, well, legal reasons. So that people can't claim you're trying to hide the fact that the page was indeed once there.

Reactions: 10
[QUOTE

MEET PENNY

Here we go, clearly says Penelope Law. 2nd screenshot.
Screenshot_20210204-134717.png
Screenshot_20210204-134808.png

[QUOTE

Here we go, clearly says Penelope Law. 2nd screenshot.
Screenshot_20210204-134717.png
Screenshot_20210204-134808.png
I don't think it actually says Smeg Gave birth, just at :26 a.m. on Monday, May 6, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, seventh in line to the throne and weighing seven pounds, three ounces, was born in an uncomplicated birth. Meghan was simply relieved it had gone well—and to have her “beautiful, sweet little boy” in her arms for the first time.

Also it doesn't state that dr Penny was actually there, just tbat she was part of the medical team (thats how it looks to me) A lot of playing with words.

Sorry, did a cut and paste and missed the 5 in the time bit in the little add on at the end, and I couldnt edit it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.