Harry & Meghan #5 Duke and Duchess of Hazard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question here from someone with little interest in the royals... why does this topic get you guys so heated? Like why do you care?
Um but this is a Meghan and Harry thread on a gossip forum? Isn’t that where people who care are likely to hang out?! I care because it’s SO interesting psychologically!! I love a good case study. Plus if you add in all the privileges but then you realise that humans are humans and we all suffer from the same condition, wherever we come from!! We’re all fucked up lol!

Reactions: 9
Who released the photo?
I heard she released the photo. For the visit she was wearing a fur trimmed parka, brown boots, black trousers, black scarf with a cream Aran swing style jumper undernear....the jumper has been seen before . The style hides the belly.

Reactions: 6
Well, it’s still 69p per head of British taxpayers money that, as I said originally, helps to fund their lifestyle
@kanye A longer google search would serve you better and inform you that is not actually true because it doesn't include expenses, security costs or the Duchy of Cornwall (which earning income from rents etc - thus still the UK tax payer at some stage is still paying). No one knows the true amount the RF cost the tax payer but it is more than they publish. This is always going to be an issue as we do not have a say in if we pay towards the RF. When asked most of us say once the Queen has passed we are happy to let them go.

69p per head is an astounding amount of money!

Also the fact that they are blatantly trying to cash in on the 'royal' status whilst crying 'Privacy!'
I have a tax bill of Nearly £16000 to pay by 31.1 Think I’ll just tell them it’s only 0.02p per person so not really worth them worrying about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have a tax bill of Nearly £16000 to pay by 31.1 Think I’ll just tell them it’s only 0.02p per person so not really worth them worrying about it.
If we could do that for you, I for one would not be opposed to help you

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I heard she released the photo. For the visit she was wearing a fur trimmed parka, brown boots, black trousers, black scarf with a cream Aran swing style jumper undernear....the jumper has been seen before . The style hides the belly.
'Splash news' they're a pap agency she uses.
Her bag had the logo 'Alleviating Poverty Worldwide'.
Nothing says alleviating poverty like £500 boots.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Anyone who starts "genuine question"...it's not a genuine question, it's bleeping tit stirring.

It’s not just the visitors to the Royal residences that contribute to their worth. They bring in so much revenue in terms of hotel stays, dining, transportation. People will come to see the sights but all the associated spending is calculated in also.
They'd still come. This argument for keeping the monarchy is laughable.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So Hubby was playing this video as part of catching up with the news. Skip to 5 minutes in. The editor of the Mirror.....suggesting that there is other stuff going on that's driving Harry and Meghans anger and for legal reasons this cant be reported. I assume that's because it relates to the impending court case as that's the only legal case I'm aware of (and it's what they were discussing on the show). I'm now intrigued to know what he is referring to.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Many tourists came for both William and Harry’s weddings ... that wouldn’t have happened if the royal family didn’t exist.

changing of the guard is always packed with tourists daily. Would that occur if there were no royal family, or beefeaters at the tower (genuinequestion as I’m not sure if they are part and parcel)

you even get some coming for a glimpse when a new baby arrives and they stand outside the hospital.
I’m fairly neutral in the royalist argument but I think the amount the economy gains from them probably balances what they get out
Sorry, I should have been more specific. My question was regarding general trourism rather than the specific spikes that occur when there is a royal wedding or birth. Would tourist realistically stop visiting the UK if we didn’t have a monarch?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. My question was regarding general trourism rather than the specific spikes that occur when there is a royal wedding or birth. Would tourist realistically stop visiting the UK if we didn’t have a monarch?
Well France doesnt have one and it doesnt appear to have affected Parisian tourism. Then again does having a Monarchy mean people specifically visit Sweden to see them? I can say due to my ignorance that I know anything about them.

I do think though tourists like the pomp and circumstance....beefeaters, changing of the guard, bearskinned hat guards etc. All would be unnecessary without a reigning monarch.

Reactions: 4
So Hubby was playing this video as part of catching up with the news. Skip to 5 minutes in. The editor of the Mirror.....suggesting that there is other stuff going on that's driving Harry and Meghans anger and for legal reasons this cant be reported. I assume that's because it relates to the impending court case as that's the only legal case I'm aware of (and it's what they were discussing on the show). I'm now intrigued to know what he is referring to.

This sounds almost threatening to the royal family? Are they hoping they will stop this lawsuit to prevent that news coming out?

Reactions: 2
Well France doesnt have one and it doesnt appear to have affected Parisian tourism. Then again does having a Monarchy mean people specifically visit Sweden to see them? I can say due to my ignorance that I know anything about them.

I do think though tourists like the pomp and circumstance....beefeaters, changing of the guard, bearskinned hat guards etc. All would be unnecessary without a reigning monarch.
Well I’m from Denmark and people don’t seem to know when they come and visit 😂 They come for the little mermaid and I’m ready to wager Hans Christian Andersen is far more famous 😅

Reactions: 12
This sounds almost threatening to the royal family? Are they hoping they will stop this lawsuit to prevent that news coming out?
I cant decide whether it's bad news for the RF or bad news for Harry and Meghan. Is he suggesting supporters of H and M will change their mind? I haven't looked at the Mirrors stance on it all not sure who's side they are advocating.

Reactions: 1
I think the is saying that people will become sympathetic to Meghan and Harry because the Royals have done something terrible that we don’t all know about. And that there is a super injunction in place.

• Wow
Staying in a mansion in a very expensive Canadian city, these two just don’t do PR do they. I’m baffled by how much of a balls they’ve made of the whole thing. The documentary in Africa was so badly done, they have a point but it should have been made back in the UK, not poor me in a country where people are existing if they’re lucky forget living! The Disney thing, cringe! Then on to the latest clanger.

I think a lot of it is down to him personally. He seems very emotional & I think he struggles with not being the heir, now he is no longer even the spare.

I didn’t even know they were dating before he issued a statement about racist, sexiest coverage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-left-Windsor-Lego-mural-couple-removed.html

Not usually a lover of pigeons but in this case I gotta love them 😂😂😂😂
Pigeons are amazing: they mate for life *hint hint* 😁

How annoying is Piers interrupting all the time: I wanted to know more about what the Mirror guy has to say as he seemed to have all the goss 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.