Harry & Meghan #5 Duke and Duchess of Hazard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A quick google - 'The royal family cost each British taxpayer 69 pence last year '

Seems to provoke quite a reaction in people though, more than your average hypocrisy haha
69p per head is an astounding amount of money!

Also the fact that they are blatantly trying to cash in on the 'royal' status whilst crying 'Privacy!'

Reactions: 18
I appreciate that Piers may be a mouthy gobshite sometimes (I happen to like him, always have going back years - this appalls my very liberal, Guardian reading boyfriend 😂) but he is bang on the money about Markle.

Bang on. I like him too, he always says it exactly as it is and is in no way afraid of the backlash.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
LOL I know it's the Daily Mail etc but I am so here for their blatant Kate adoration to make Megs look even worse :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot 2020-01-15 15.40.26.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
A quick google - 'The royal family cost each British taxpayer 69 pence last year '

Seems to provoke quite a reaction in people though, more than your average hypocrisy haha
Maybe this is not the forum for you Kanye. Have you tried Mumsnet. They seem to like them over there 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I saw this photo today on Insta, it made me feel quite sad for K&W as they had such a lovely relationship with Harry, such a shame to see it in tatters now

AE3369F7-C51E-4E13-BE14-B83FD57CEB31.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Yeah I'm thinking out of the forum too, there's just so many people that care and i just don't get it 🤷‍♀️
Why do people care about football? Love Island? Strictly Come Dancing? There are heaps of things that I dont understand peoples fascination with lol
I'm not getting at you so please dont think that but I can tell you my reasons but not sure that you would get it anyway iyswim 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I don't care for the royal family, i'd happily see them abolished so couldn't care less if two want out. Just don't understand people getting so upset by them, angry about it or even more bizarrely, some sort of entitlement because we 'pay for them' 🤷‍♀️
Well that’s the nice thing about free speech, we’re all entitled to it. If I pay for something and perceive I’m not getting value for money, you can bet you’re life I’m entitled to say so. They’ve made fools of people and most of all fools of themselves. I want my money back.

Reactions: 14
Well, it’s still 69p per head of British taxpayers money that, as I said originally, helps to fund their lifestyle
It's not 69p a head, that PR figure is always plucked out but fails to mention all the huge extra costs like security. Then you have the fact that they own so much of the land and resources of a country that in a fairer world the people should own to make a sovereign wealth fund that would help everyone and society.

We pay for the upkeep of all these properties, yet only they are allowed to make use of them. And no they don't bring in tourist, in the top 20 UK attractions none are royal.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't care for the royal family, i'd happily see them abolished so couldn't care less if two want out. Just don't understand people getting so upset by them, angry about it or even more bizarrely, some sort of entitlement because we 'pay for them' 🤷‍♀️
We do have entitlement over them. If you pay for something Kanye you certainly want your money’s worth.
You wouldn’t pay for a meal and then be happy if they decided not to give you one because the chef is away for half the year 🤦🏼‍♀️

Sometimes, I dream of us moving to a small town in a country with vast expense of unspoilt nature like Canada or Sweden Or even Scotland. Our children would have nature on their doorstep to explore... We can’t complain really as we live in a nice small town but it’s quickly being concreted over to build some much needed houses. When I see images of Canada, it always looks stunning and unspoilt.
come to Scotland!! 5 years ago I was living in a normal estate....fastforward and I am now living on a working farm!! its breath taking, the views, the fields, the air and of course, the sheep and cows. I wouldn't change it. plus I am only a 15 mins drive to the town where I work and believe it or not I am also only 10 mins from the motorway!!x

• Heart
It's not 69p a head, that PR figure is always plucked out but fails to mention all the huge extra costs like security. Then you have the fact that they own so much of the land and resources of a country that in a fairer world the people should own to make a sovereign wealth fund that would help everyone and society.

We pay for the upkeep of all these properties, yet only they are allowed to make use of them. And no they don't bring in tourist, in the top 20 UK attractions none are royal.
I know that’s not the true cost. My reply was to the poster who quoted 69p

Maybe this is not the forum for you Kanye. Have you tried Mumsnet. They seem to like them over there 😂😂
😂

Reactions: 3
I know that’s not the true cost. My reply was to the poster who quoted 69p
Oh I know, I just didn't want to quote Kanye as he's posted half a dozen times the same post asking why people care🤪 and expect they'll get zapped

Reactions: 4
Genuine question here from someone with little interest in the royals... why does this topic get you guys so heated? Like why do you care?

in response-

I only care if my taxes etc are still funding their chosen lifestyle. If they are “serving the UK” then fair dos. As I said earlier, we are living in a time if great austerity. The proposed £600k security bill would pay for a fair fee nurses or school equipment.........literally don’t give a fig about them clearing off. Go and be happy but no more money!

Their security is paid separate from the civil list and their new proposed security would cost more by straddling various countries. We fund this too!

Reactions: 8
LOL I know it's the Daily Mail etc but I am so here for their blatant Kate adoration to make Megs look even worse :ROFLMAO:View attachment 72422
We all say it but we all read it 😂

I make no apologies. I read it for the showbiz stuff, not the political rhetoric is my standard response 😁 And I find the 'sidebar of shame' easy to navigate.

95% of it is lifted from The Sun anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

Having a monarchy also brings in millions of pounds of year in tourism though... so it’s not really the same
I do dispute that claim by royalists. The palace of Versailles alone had over 10 million visitors last year. Windsor castle, Buckingham palace and holyroodhouse all together had 2.8m visitors. I think we could have far more tourists if these historic houses were owned by the public and opened more.

Yes people do like the pomp and there is global interest in them, but I doubt many people are coming over to see them. You'd be more likely to see them opening a sewage treatment plant in Dudley than loitering outside Buckingham palace.

Reactions: 11
I do dispute that claim by royalists. The palace of Versailles alone had over 10 million visitors last year. Windsor castle, Buckingham palace and holyroodhouse all together had 2.8m visitors. I think we could have far more tourists if these historic houses were owned by the public and opened more.

Yes people do like the pomp and there is global interest in them, but I doubt many people are coming over to see them. You'd be more likely to see them opening a sewage treatment plant in Dudley than loitering outside Buckingham palace.
The Royal tourist revenue spin is the modern day equivalent of we have to have them because God says so.

I’m not against the monarchy but don’t agree that the bottom would fall out of the tourist industry if we didn’t have them.

I'm not a troll i'm an active user of this forum. Didn't realise so many would take my few messages as an attack on your use of this thread.
An active user on one board can still troll another. The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Genuine question here from someone with little interest in the royals... why does this topic get you guys so heated? Like why do you care?
When I see people waiting for up to 9 hours for medical care in A&E, with the poor nurses running around trying their best to manage the insane, never-ending stream of patients coming in, and doctors rushing people through their consultations due to the sheer number of other patients they have to get to sat in the waiting rooms;
or
When I walk around various cities and see that the number of homeless people has just about tripled in the past decade, many of whom are educated and unable to find employment in our current economic climate;
or
When I see firsthand the dire state of most council estates and the sheer lack of affordable housing in most of our cities;
or
When I witness friends, family, neighbours and strangers all struggling to make ends meet, living week to week, hand to mouth, ageing in double time due to the financial stress of whether or not they'll be able to top up their utility card for the meter, or whether they will be able to afford a meager birthday present for their kids.

Well then, I get angry.

Because here's a kick in the teeth while you're down:
We're royal, we have every possible privilege one can have in this life, and we're taking your money on the sole understanding that we will use it to serve you, the people, and we will promote important causes to better the quality of life, on behalf of you, the people.
But, wait, no, these rules are boring, these visits are hard work, this lifestyle isn't as glamourous as I thought, the press don't post flattering pictures of me, my outfits aren't selling out fast enough. I quit! Screw you lot, I'm off to lounge in my mansion on the other side of the world where I'll be adored.
But I'll keep the title and the money and the access to the 1%, kthanxbai!

That's problematic. I don't care how much/ how little it cost taxpayers last year. I can assure you, every pound would have been put to good use in the NHS or the Met, or the local Councils . Real people who don't have a cushion to fall back on would have had less crime, more housing options (or more shelters and food banks), and better medical care had that money gone back into the society that the monarchy is meant to be serving.
And the crazy dissonance between how much progress they were making (such as bringing awareness to mental health issues) vs. now with royal patronages fearing they'll be left unsupported- that's blatantly disrespectful. It's unethical. It shouldn't be tolerated.

I couldn't care less about where H&M go, I don't even care if the people get a rebate on the funds spent on their wedding. I would rather hear that the money will be reinvested back into the NHS, Met Police and council housing. But since that has yet to happen and we're forced to endure their woe-is-me pitty parade in the meantime, we are entitled to vent our frustration because it is utterly ludicrous.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.