Harry & Meghan #5 Duke and Duchess of Hazard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really wish that Harry would give a brief interview or small press call just to discuss in his own words what the bloody hell is actually going on and more importantly give an honest account as to why at this exact moment in time all this change must happen, I heard on a radio phone in someone say Prince Phillip is not a well man and Harry's rushing this through so as not to look disrespectful taking it to the queen when his grandad passes this year .

Reactions: 10
He's right though.There has been no racism directed at her by the general populace or the royal family. Nobody , not one apologist, has been able to provide an incident of that kind.
Plus she DID sound him out re breaking into the celebrity world in London. But once she got a sniff of Harry's interest she ghosted Morgan.Just as she ghosts everyone who has ever helped her. It's what she does.

Spot on.Even a broken old clock is right twice a day
What the hell! Of course it’s racism everything in the press about her is racist.

it’s not up to Piers Morgan to say whether she has experienced racism or not. If she says she has then, it is racism.

Piers Morgan ffs, anyone siding themselves with Piers Morgan needs to go and take a long hard look at themselves. The man is a racist homophobic sexist twit.

Why would anyone align themselves with that level of intolerance?

Hires photogs for smiley candid shots (everything is fine) and does charity visit (seen doing good). Obvious PR is obvious.

View attachment 72321
why is it different when she does it to when Kate Middleton does charity work?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Kate didn't fly to London for three days just to visit the Canadian High Commission and then hightail it back to Canada to leave her husband to deal with the fallout of their decision.
Kate hasn't run away from the job she got when she married a member of the royal family.
Kate hasn't decided 18 or so months in that she'd like to monetise her membership of the royal family.
Kate didn't stand in the middle of Africa saying how hard her life was, and that no-one asks her if she's okay.

Just a few reasons...

When Kate is at an event it is clear she is representing the Queen and the Crown. Meghan visiting a Vancouver women's shelter (after the last week of bad press) is clear PR for her sole benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Kate didn't fly to London for three days just to visit the Canadian High Commission and then hightail it back to Canada to leave her husband to deal with the fallout of their decision.
Kate hasn't run away from the job she got when she married a member of the royal family.
Kate hasn't decided 18 or so months in that she'd like to monetise her membership of the royal family.
Kate didn't stand in the middle of Africa saying how hard her life was, and that no-one asks her if she's okay.

Just a few reasons...

When Kate is at an event it is clear she is representing the Queen and the Crown. Meghan visiting a Vancouver women's shelter (after the last week of bad press) is clear PR for her sole benefit.
This is all prejudice bullshit.

I would imagine that the reason they’re leaving I because of said prejudiced bullshit. Also, is this not what people constantly go on about? But now they’re taking steps to become financially independent of the crown it’s monetising her membership of the royal family?

Are they supposed to stick around here and deal with all of the racism and disgusting abuse just to make their haters happy?

She’s been visiting women’s shelters etc since before her and Harry got together so there is literally no difference other than the fact she is not perfect white Kate.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This is all prejudice bullshit.

I would imagine that the reason they’re leaving I because of said prejudiced bullshit. Also, is this not what people constantly go on about? But now they’re taking steps to become financially independent of the crown it’s monetising her membership of the royal family?

Are they supposed to stick around here and deal with all of the racism and disgusting abuse just to make their haters happy?

She’s been visiting women’s shelters etc since before her and Harry got together so there is literally no difference other than the fact she is not perfect white Kate.
Sorry but no. Google the earlier press articles on “perfect white Kate.” Was the negative prsss directed at her racism? Is there some racism directed at MM? I’m sure there is. Does racism account for it all or even most of it, no it doesn’t.

If Harry & M were completely walking away no titles, no security costs, no money from Charles I think there would still be negativr press but there wouldn’t be a sense that they wanted the best of both worlds.

I can tell you one thing if I used a work event to promote my husband as Harry did MM to that Disney guy I’d have consequences to deal with. Are Harry & Meagan to be hold accountable for nothing for fear of it being labeled racism?

Reactions: 33
"Perfect white Kate". You've got a very short memory. She was absolutely vilified by the press, as was Camilla, Diana and all of Charles' previous girlfriends. But unlike MeAGAIN she didn't run away, she rode it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
What the hell! Of course it’s racism everything in the press about her is racist.

it’s not up to Piers Morgan to say whether she has experienced racism or not. If she says she has then, it is racism.

Piers Morgan ffs, anyone siding themselves with Piers Morgan needs to go and take a long hard look at themselves. The man is a racist homophobic sexist twit.

Why would anyone align themselves with that level of intolerance?

There does seem to be a lot of hatred aimed at Meghan, no doubt she is a pushy madam, she has had to be to get on in Hollywood but I think she has also been demonised very unfairly and racism has played a part in it. Princess Diana felt awkward in the royal household and found the old fashioned staff intimidating and she was from a very aristocratic background that mixed with royalty and had their own servants, so if she was treated with contempt they must have been far worse towards a mixed race American girl. There is a lot of hatred for Meghan and a huge naivety about Royalty on this forum as well.

A ' woman of colour ' said on TV that the royals were racist at the wedding because they exchanged looks / pulled faces during the Pastor's long and over emotional sermon. If I remember correctly H&M looked like they were also suppressing smirks.....
Some of the Royals, Princess Beatrice in particular were smirking and Princess Anne and pweirdo Andrew looked furious, and I am not a womanof colour.

There does seem to be a lot of hatred aimed at Meghan, no doubt she is a pushy madam, she has had to be to get on in Hollywood but I think she has also been demonised very unfairly and racism has played a part in it. Princess Diana felt awkward in the royal household and found the old fashioned staff intimidating and she was from a very aristocratic background that mixed with royalty and had their own servants, so if she was treated with contempt they must have been far worse towards a mixed race American girl. There is a lot of hatred for Meghan and a huge naivety about Royalty on this forum as well.

Some of the Royals, Princess Beatrice in particular were smirking and Princess Anne and pweirdo Andrew looked furious, and I am not a womanof colour.
But could they not have been smirking because it was funny watching all the stuffy royals have to listen to a more animated and progressive sermon? I was laughing watching it because it was THAT that was funny...regardless of whether the pastor / priest was black or white. I’m sure being married into the royals would be hell on Earth lol. And I’m sure a lot of them are a bit racist. They’re definitely classist. But Meghan has so much previous that has nothing to do with that at all. Those with legitimate gripes against her aren’t automatically being racist. You can be black and be wrong. That’s PART of true equality.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The biggest problem around Meghan has been culture, not race.

I don’t think it needs explaining that the monarchy have rules and codes of conduct that go back centuries, they’re steeped in tradition and duty.

Meghan is an American TV actress, shes hardly from a world that easily or naturally gels with the stiffness of the monarchy. And all the preaching and hustling and wanting the kudos of being a Duchess without the dutiful work behind it has pissed the press off that in turn has swayed public opinion.

the press are misogynistic to incoming female royals, not racist. Meghan is seen as an outsider. As was Diana The Slag, Fergie the Duchessof Pork and Waitey Katie.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The biggest problem around Meghan has been culture, not race.

I don’t think it needs explaining that the monarchy have rules and codes of conduct that go back centuries, they’re steeped in tradition and duty.

Meghan is an American TV actress, shes hardly from a world that easily or naturally gels with the stiffness of the monarchy. And all the preaching and hustling and wanting the kudos of being a Duchess without the dutiful work behind it has pissed the press off that in turn has swayed public opinion.

the press are misogynistic to incoming female royals, not racist. Meghan is seen as an outsider. As was Diana The Slag, Fergie the Duchessof Pork and Waitey Katie.
Yup, you've hit the nail on the head. Great post, thank you.

Reactions: 15
And don't forget Camilla was called 'the most hated woman in Britain' by the press.

Reactions: 18
And don't forget Camilla was called 'the most hated woman in Britain' by the press.
Yes, Camilla who out slagged Diana the Slag, who only became Queen of Hearts after she died.

Reactions: 9
Hires photogs for smiley candid shots (everything is fine) and does charity visit (seen doing good). Obvious PR is obvious.

View attachment 72321
They are already using her after divorce name. Since this is a controlled article, it might have significance.

Reactions: 3
Thing is camilla and kate earned their reputations by working for the royals without complaining. They turned public opinion round by earning it. The public ended up giving them more respect for it. They've all had negative experiences with the press but haven't used it as a get out card because they don't want to be part of what they married. They know they work for the people, meghan doesn't want to work for the people that fund her ridiculous lifestyle but would rather hide away and have the glory of being a royal. Meghan has done nothing but prove people right about her. I've seen the most ridiculous comparisons of meghan and diana and they aren't the same, diana loved people and worked her arse off, meghan only loves herself. Everything she does is sticking her fingers up at the people who are funding her extended holidays and designer outfits. She could have not taken a title, but she wants the best of both worlds and the privilege of the institution she claims to hate so much

Reactions: 31
That was all PR. She never did a thing but shine a light on herself to snatch a rich Englishman. When Kate does charity she tries to benefit the charity, Meghan Markle does it to promote herself.

And her new wig. Or she is merching a hair growing serum because her hair is twice as long as in the Christmas card.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

View attachment 72321
Why are there two women squatting at the front of this picture?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.