Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I don't mind paying for the royals who do their duty but I'm damned if I'm paying for two 'part time' Royals living in Canada and who only want to keep their titles for all the privileges and making money from merch.

Reactions: 29
Megains PR machine is running at full speed, she must be furious she can’t control the British media and public.
@Missw why should we blindly support somebody just because she is a woman? are you not living in 2020? Don’t be so sexist 🤦🏼‍♀️
You can try and sway opinion here but trying to lambast us for not toeing your party line is a bit pathetic. Rather give us reasons why you think she is “amazing” and try to have an actual debate. Don’t just be a snowflake!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I know it's the wrong thread but I just read that Kate is wearing a Zara dress, currently on sale for £16!!! Talk about throwing shade!
You go Kate!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
All his life Harry knew he would never be king and that he will be sidelined. Also the photo of the line of succession has been taken every year and never featured anybody but the Queen, Charles, William and then also George.

So this whole idea of them being pushed out it absolute bullshit. Harry knew where his place was. I think what Megain did was play into his insecurities and promised him more wealth, fame etc by going it alone. And tbf that is certainly possible

Reactions: 27

abitfairytale

Meghan was banned from conference calling in for fear of people eavesdropping.... Blimey, they've got the measurement of her more than initially thought I think 🤔🤔🤔

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
This is all prejudice bullshit.

I would imagine that the reason they’re leaving I because of said prejudiced bullshit. Also, is this not what people constantly go on about? But now they’re taking steps to become financially independent of the crown it’s monetising her membership of the royal family?

Are they supposed to stick around here and deal with all of the racism and disgusting abuse just to make their haters happy?

She’s been visiting women’s shelters etc since before her and Harry got together so there is literally no difference other than the fact she is not perfect white Kate.
I'm sorry you feel that way. You asked why there was a difference and I explained. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered as it seems you've decided anyone who disagrees with you is prejudiced or racist. I'm neither.

Meghan was hardly an accomplished actress before Harry. She'd had one cable show. Without her marriage, she'd be just another pretty actress in Hollywood reaching an age where it becomes harder and harder to book jobs (which is shit, but the reality of LA...)

In my view any acting or speaking she does now for money will be in part because of her husband and his family. This is in my view monetising her membership of the royal family.

Carmen 6

VIP Member
I heard she released the photo. For the visit she was wearing a fur trimmed parka, brown boots, black trousers, black scarf with a cream Aran swing style jumper undernear....the jumper has been seen before . The style hides the belly.
'Splash news' they're a pap agency she uses.
Her bag had the logo 'Alleviating Poverty Worldwide'.
Nothing says alleviating poverty like £500 boots.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've always liked Kate. She was actually still getting slagged off right up until Meghan came on the scene. So I've always wondered if Kate was secretly grateful that the hate had passed to someone else?!

However, nobody has ever been slagged off as much as Camilla (who I also like). She is to be admired that she just quietly carried on and held her head up high and got through it. But then again she's English and has a stiff upper lip (the phrase Meghan hates!).
I agree re Camilla. I think people have forgotten how much she was mocked, hated and derided for many years. Just because she was older can't have made it any easier.
Also why they hell do M and H keep being referred to as a 'young couple' - they aren't young but early middle age. Meghan is nearly 40 ffs.

• Haha

Topanga

Chatty Member
And... another woke engagement. I know she isn’t working but doing photo ops but it’s still such a rude slap in the face to the country that’s funding you to do more “work” in a week in Canada than in 2019 in the UK. This witch is INSANE.

And to the effing media: stop giving her attention. Ignore her! Remember she wants ‘privacy’!

And miss woke eco warrior? Her carbon footprint in 2020 is already higher than mine in the last decade.

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
So Meghan has to participate in the Sandringham meeting of doom by phone..Ehehe ;).
She’ll probably record it or live stream it on a pay-per-view channel, gotta get those dollars rolling in. Funny how she can breezily jet across the Atlantic no bother at all to watch Serena play tennis, or attend a sumptuous baby shower.... but nope, can’t fly back to face the music about their future. Much feminist.
Unless she’s been banned of course, which would make me laugh.... Royals Only!

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Well, it’s still 69p per head of British taxpayers money that, as I said originally, helps to fund their lifestyle
It's not 69p a head, that PR figure is always plucked out but fails to mention all the huge extra costs like security. Then you have the fact that they own so much of the land and resources of a country that in a fairer world the people should own to make a sovereign wealth fund that would help everyone and society.

We pay for the upkeep of all these properties, yet only they are allowed to make use of them. And no they don't bring in tourist, in the top 20 UK attractions none are royal.

• Heart
On This Morning now, here we go again waffling about racism. People are missing the point, she gets shit articles written about her because she’s a bellend and has behaved awfully. Not because she’s a different colour skin ffs

If Kate had been an arsehole she would’ve got the same shit

ETA: I’m not denying that some people have been racist towards her, or anti-American etc but on the whole her behaviour has contributed to the negativity and nobody is making that point
It’s hard to separate the reasons for why she gets so much stick; so many people in the black community seem to interpret every piece of criticism as racism, and then there are the racists who jump on the criticism and reinforce it as being due to her biracial heritage... whereas she just seems to be acting like a whiny entitled little bitch to me 🤷‍♀️

• Heart