Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thalia

VIP Member
Okay, so I got home about an hour ago.

Since then the husband, who paid no attention to the original KP post, hasn't stopped ranting about the media blowing up about this photo - family snap not an official portrait, everyone edits their pics, who cares? the BBC can piss right off etc. etc. while flicking between the news channels :rolleyes:

So, from a sample size of one (slightly chubby) Yorkshireman, I don't think this is going the way the media want 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

LadyMuck

VIP Member
What gets me is that the DM have never once called out the harkles obvious editing and photoshop of their photos

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Padparadascha

The Rose Hanbury articles are just the press punishing William for daring to not roll over and let the press intrude. If you notice, they often surface when he's doing things in a new way that keeps press intrusion at arms length.

The press want the inside scoop. They want to know what medical condition a royal has, and have the power and threat over said royal that they can allude or leak it at any point they choose. So, for example they probably do know exactly what type of cancer Chuck has, knew what HMTLQ had at the end, also Philip. They also know far more about surrogates. The normal has always been that they knew it all. The power they have is knowing and holding it over their heads.

William and Catherine don't play ball. Flipping the script. They don't disclose and the press don't get the chance to wink and go "gotcha, we'll say nowt... for now" and then publish a slew of articles a few months down the line on a random medical condition as retaliation for them not letting the press into their private lives. So Charles probably has disclosed his cancer in exchange for favourable Camilla coverage for example.

But media has changed. Famous people don't need the hacks anymore to promote their causes or squash their misdeeds. William and Catherine have just demonstrated that an Instagram post from them can break the Internet. And the press are fucking furious.

So this kill notice, the Rose articles are all attacks to try and get William and Catherine back to the good old days where the press had the power, because the older ones who played the game are dying off. Charles is the last of them.

The press are furious that they are as clueless as the masses about kates illness. They are furious that money shots of her looking ill coming out of the hospital didn't happen. They are flexing but failing to see that people are remembering another POW who was unwell, hounded, duped and tricked by the press and ultimately died trying to manage the press intrusion in her life. And few of us are comfortable with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

OiOiNoseyParker

I think Catherine will be a well loved Queen, she's a force to be reckoned with and she's proving it now. Shes paving the way for how things will be when her time comes. You can't cross her and she's classy AF about it. I love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

ChipDex

VIP Member
Exactly what Prince William wanted show. They are ugly & all of this has proved it.
I'm glad there's a public backlash.

A bunch of middle-aged men, led by Chris Ship and aided and abetted by GB News, obsessively bullying and harassing an unwell woman over an editing slip-up on a personal photo is not a good look.

And sugars claiming Catherine gets better treatment than Smeg? Smeg got Piers Morgan fired because he pointed out a few home truths about the Oprah interview. And a lot of female journalists applauded Smeg. If Catherine tried to get Chris Ship fired she'd be crucified and there would be howls of outrage about "interfering with a free press".

William and Catherine aren't thin-skinned like the Harkles. Nor do they seek out only positive press, and have a strop when it's not forthcoming. They don't want fawning like the Harkles. They just want fairness and basic decency.

They'll have discreet and effective ways of dealing with this. It will have rammed it home to them once again that there probably isn't a single trustworthy, ethical RR out there. And that their way of keeping the media at arm's length is the only way.

And do you think Smeg's aware of what it looks like, sending her flying monkeys off to Page Six to gloat?

Less than a week ago she was on a stage decrying the horrors of cyber-bullying and how women should support women.

Fake as fuck.

• Sick
  • Heart

Thalia

VIP Member
I don’t think there’s anything off with the photo either. Can’t we take it at face value and not think there’s anything dodgy about it?
If it was dodgy, Catherine would be wearing her rings.

TBH, if William is anything like my husband, we're lucky that the top of George's head is there, they're all in focus and there isn't a huge thumb blocking half the picture 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
1000022191.png
1000022190.png

The Queen is back at work and PoW is looking smart and unbothered. Anne and Sophie bringing up the rear.

Take that, Smeghead and Haz, and the turncoat press.

P.s. Camilla and William working together, professionals that they are. Whereas Haz still tries to smear her for his mummy and daddy issues. William shows how you can grow up. Haz does not.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Chita

VIP Member
A new statenent has been issued.......

"Like many amateur Duchesses, I do occasionally experiment with telling the truth.
I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion I may have caused by not being better at it.
M"

• Haha
  • Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Hahaha this whole where's Kate debacle is getting messier by the moment! Love how willi chucked her right under the bus, surely as a caring hubby he should have taken the fall too busy sniffing round 🌹 evergreen bush to notice his own bush in his own garden was out of season ooop!
Wrong thread sweetie!

• Haha
  • Heart

Thalia

VIP Member
That was my thoughts re Charlotte. I suspect the jeans could be a maternity type ones, and the leaves on the tree, they live in Windsor it is a couple of degrees warmer than certain parts of the uk. Here in Cheshire our blossom trees are out (early). The wedding ring. I don’t wear any jewellery around the house and she doesn’t have any earrings in too. plus would she smile so beautifully if she was to separate from William, when he is taking the photo?!
Look how sad and empty the flower bed looks. Just like it should at this time of year.

Of course this photo was taken last year so William must have ripped up all of the flowering plants to make the photo look like it was taken recently just in case he killed Catherine and she needed cloning [/SARCASM]

• Haha
  • Heart

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
Not to be out done, Spare and Smeg have released this beautiful shot of the family relaxing at home. Haven't the kids grown

1000004954.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

Padparadascha

It's making the media look really ugly. They are hounding an unwell woman at this stage and it's really unpleasant to watch.

• Heart
  • Sick

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Actually, it’s kinda funny. 48 hours after Meghan complained for the millionth time she was bullied, reality shows her and the world what real bullying is. If I remember correctly she was complaining on Oprah that the then Kate Middleton had it easy because she was white. I still remember the harassement of Kate back then and it’s even worse now. She’s never had it easy. In fact she’s always had it worse. The only difference is she chose not to complain and continue her life ignoring the bullies. Take notes, Meghan. This is how it’s done.
What Meghan can never accept is that Catherine is several several several leagues above her in every possible way. Personality, for starters.
Married to the future king, mother of the future future king. Queen to be.

Meghan is married to a waste of space. And they are perfectly suited. Simple as that.

• Heart
  • Haha