Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TickTickTick

Catherine surely can't have anticipated apologising to their royal fans, for inadvertently misleading them by editing an important photo that quickly had a Kill Notice slapped on it? This has been a PR disaster for the Wales family, even for the little ones at school.

I can't see that the aim of doctoring the photo was to make it so suspect that the press couldn't make money from it. It certainly didn't end up a private family moment and will only fuel uncertainty. And photos in the future???
---

I don't think the photo was "slightly edited". They'll have analysed it but won't say, and I doubt it's pique on the part of AP, AFP and Getty.
BIB Yes, always an upside!
I agree, it's a big mess. It sounds as if there were "multiple images" used, or some kind of AI. If this is not the case, release the original image, why not? And as far as I know, this hasn't happened. As Harry Bosch would say, seems like "High Jingo" - aka The Powers that Be, pulling some weird shit on us. As usual. Allegedly!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Ametrine

VIP Member
I am a critic of Meghan, and I like William and Kate.

However, I believe the photo has been really badly photoshopped. I'm not sure why it was released, as the editing is really obvious once you look closely at it. If William did take the base photos the final image is based on, then he certainly didn't edit it or stitch it all together.

It even looks somewhat AI-generated, but ultimately I don't think it is, because I don't want to believe the Palace would released an AI-generated photo. If they have, then that's a incomprehensible and disappointing move which will make them lose the trust of many people. However, it has some hallmarks of AI-generated photos - flat, overcast weather; strange hands/fingers.

I got the photo from the Daily Mail website. Here is an example of two suspicious areas:

View attachment 2807725

If you open it up in photo editing software, you see more discrepancies, like this vertical line running down from Kate's jaw, and how her lipstick seems to disappear at the outer edges of her mouth. I'm not a professional photo editor so I don't know the technical terms for these.

View attachment 2807726

In my opinion, it was a bad move for them to release such an obviously edited photo. It's just going to add to the rumours and speculation about Kate. They just shouldn't have released a photo if she was too ill for one to be taken. William and Kate need better people advising them, and better people to edit their photos.
For the people who are laugh reacting to my post - grow up. If you don't agree with my post, just move on.

You can be a fan of someone and still criticise them or point out discrepancies, or say that you don't think something they did was the right choice. I like Kate and William, but releasing this photo was not a good move.

I think Meghan is an awful person, and my post history backs that up.

Yes, she and Harry also releases terribly-edited photos too, but I don't think these photos were accepted by the photo agencies as official photos. Photo agencies need to carry pictures which are not edited.

This photo has been edited/manipulated horribly, and if you can't see that, you're not accepting facts. I'm not surprised the photo has been pulled from the photo agencies. I don't think there's a big conspiracy here. This photo is just too edited to be carried by the agencies.

This in particular is bad - Kate's hand has been crudely pasted onto Louis's side.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 13.26.26.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
I've scolled through the comments section of the Daily Mail regarding Kate's photo. Most people are on her side, however I didn't see one comment about the photos of the Harkles fake kids.
I expected that someone would pop up mentioning no legs Lil and their other obviously highly edited pictures of the kids but there's no mention 🤔
That's rather strange.
I posted one, I don’t think it made it through the moderators 🤷‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10