Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jusa

VIP Member
A very tenuous link from Gabor to the Royal Family is via Mae Martin, the Canadian actress/comedian.

Gabor featured in Mae's documentary 'Mae Martin's Guide to 21st Century Addiction' in 2017, and she'd 'drawn on his work' for her 2017 Edinburgh show entitled 'Dope'.

Mae's paternal uncle is David Chatto, the husband of Sarah Chatto, Princess Margaret's daughter.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
This is an interesting angle from "The International News" (me neither)

"The monarch has reportedly decided to reward his younger brother Prince Andrew for his silence and steadfastness to the Firm, who was striped of his royal titles and patronages over a sex scandal.

The King appeared to be reacting to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's attempts to cause damage to the royal family as he's closing doors on the Sussexes and giving the couple's home in Windsor to the Duke of York, according to a new report."

"The five-bedroom house in Home Park, Windsor, was offered to the disgraced royal, Prince Andrew last week, according to The Sun."
"It has not been confirmed whether Andrew has accepted the offer. The cottage is much smaller than the property he has now, Royal Lodge, a 30-room mansion set in 98 acres..."
Daily Mail

"Prince Andrew has offered to run some of the prestigious Royal estates as part of his negotiations to leave his Royal mansion - with King Charles reportedly telling him 'there is no chance of that happening'.

"After the King told the Duke of York of planned budget cuts to royal funds, the disgraced royal has since refused to leave his 30-bedroom Royal Lodge in Windsor."

"Insiders said the 63-year-old even offered to be in charge of running some of the Royal Family's much-loved estates, including Queen Elizabeth's beloved summer residence, Balmoral Castle in Aberdeenshire.....
Andrew wants a job."

• Wow

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
I don’t see that there’s any funny business going on. It says the version on the website is from 7 December so it was clearly updated then with KCIII’s name. And yes, QEII did give assent. The last time a monarch didn’t was 1708 so if she’d refused it would have been big news! Technically the sovereign still can but they don’t or they’d be obstructing democracy and promptly booted out!

ETA and anyway I don’t think Royal Assent is needed until it changes from a Bill to an Act.
Thanks for your reply, which has made it a bit clearer.

“Not even the Queen, when she removed all his other titles was able to remove his Dukedom. This legislation will therefore enable either the monarch or a Committee of Parliament to remove titles from disgraced owners of those titles.".

I can't see that the Queen would have signed off on this later and given her assent to have PA's Dukedom removed. But likely KC will do it.
I didn't say there was anything funny going on, but I don't understand why the date didn't reflect who was the Monarch at the time when the Bill was presented on 20th June 2022.
HM must have been terribly sad at the presentation of this Bill and it wouldn't have helped her last few weeks. I bet she was glad to go tbh.

• Sad

wisebutwild

VIP Member
I think there was something a few threads back about them sub-letting to Eug @ £2k a month.
His whole attitude to having certain diplomatic privileges in the US is very arrogant & entitled :mad: -
That would be about right then as it was reported they were paying £1800 a month rent so plus £200 for expenses ….. can’t forget the expenses can they? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Nuttynana

VIP Member
Get the biggun out Kate, with scaffolding to hold it up if necessary!
---

They'll need to widen the doors to get the 👑 in
---

It's her, that's one of her twitter accounts
Give the hag a fucking tight choker instead with a small stick in the back to turn it tighter!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Yorkie99

I don’t see that there’s any funny business going on. It says the version on the website is from 7 December so it was clearly updated then with KCIII’s name. And yes, QEII did give assent. The last time a monarch didn’t was 1708 so if she’d refused it would have been big news! Technically the sovereign still can but they don’t or they’d be obstructing democracy and promptly booted out!

ETA and anyway I don’t think Royal Assent is needed until it changes from a Bill to an Act.
Yes, Royal Assent is the final step to bills becoming acts but where bills affect the crown, queen's/king's consent must be sought at any early stage. Prince's consent similarly applies to matters affecting the duchy of Cornwall. Again, the convention is that government advice is followed.

Yorkie99

This Mate bloke says his own trauma stems from when his mother left him aged 1 with a stranger to save his life because of the nazi's and he has fear of abandonment etc. Now I don't know about the effects of trauma and I certainly wouldn't dream of belittling anyones suffering for any reason but can he really remember being a one year old?
I can remember from about three years old, maybe it is possible?
I had an operation at 18 months and I can remember standing in the hospital cot bed holding the bars as my mum was getting ready to leave me. I also remember the district nurse/health visitor taking my stitches out at home. I think traumatic or unpleasant memories can stick from an early age.
Brilliant if Carole's letting us know she's one of us with the code word "Tattle". I'd have thought you'd normally use the phrase "Tittle Tattle" so you could be right!
I think lots of outsiders read this thread, didn't @Yel say a while back about 800+ ?
It's likely increased since then as this thread is sane and a good source of information.

I'm hoping someone clever will pick up on my question about the Titles Removal Bill, but I won't hold my breath as it's totally beyond my ability.
In terms of the Bill, is your question why it refers to 'his majesty' when it was introduced during the Queen's reign?

There's a Hansard Society article from 9 September ('What happens in Parliament following the death of Her Majesty the Queen?') which gives a summary of things Parliament must do following the demise of the crown (which means passing from one monarch to the next in this sense). It includes:

'The change of Sovereign also has practical implications for Parliament. For example, it necessitates the reprinting of various texts (not least to replace the words ‘Her Majesty’ with ‘His Majesty’), including but not limited to: the Journal of each House, the Standing Orders of each House and the Lords Companion to the Standing Orders; Oath-taking cards used at the Table; and prayers read by the Bishops in the House of Lords.'

Bills can be changed by 'silent amendment' for typographical changes etc.. so I would guess that process is used. Once a bill has become law it is fixed so legislation passed during the queen's reign will continue to be printed or published with references to 'her majesty' etc..

• Heart

Yorkie99

Thank you, and it makes sense as you and Mock Turtle say that "Queen" was changed to "King" retrospectively even though the date for King is wrong. Allowing time for printing.

Because the "Removing of Titles Bill" was presented while our Queen was still alive and because it related to Andrew who she adored, I wondered whether because she was so ill and weak that it had passed her by. Or been dealt with by someone else because it would have been painful for her or some other reason.

Glad it's been cleared up, but I'm sorry she saw the Bill before she died.

Adding @Verfugbar to my thanks for the time and trouble for answering.
It's only a private member's bill though, no chance of being made law. It would have been more difficult if it was a government bill but she could really have taken it with a pinch of salt.

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
a faux Royal Reporter, an insult to real Royal reporting and - what @Nuttynana says x 1 million - used by ILBW as a mouthpiece (he has been known to slink off and hide in his vault to pen a tome/get more surgery whenever Harold/ILBW drop a bomb that he cannot defend)
He did look relatively normal once upon a time, now he looks like a corpse.
There's an old computer game called Grim Fandango, it's star is called Manny Calavera ... he reminds me of someone ... :unsure:

gff.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Morning Tattlers!

We all know the harkles incessant appearances whenever the RF have an important event, but I was thinking how do they know when said events are taking place as I'm certain they don't have access to the RF calendar
Yorkie Eug probably tells them everything 🤮

• Sick

Cinnamon.girl

VIP Member
So the King takes Frogmore off them and offers them a Buckingham palace flat :rolleyes:
The optics don't look very good, it looks like an upgrade. Which it is.
Is it true Harry write in his book: His mother spoke to him through the trees and told him, he should be king????? I just read it in a blog.
I'd not get too excited about Mummy speaking through the trees, @Bushbaby21 , as Mummy also appeared as a rubbish bin, a unicorn, a leopard and a honking sealion.
Of them all the rubbish bin was the best bet, as when the lid lifted out came wise advice of advice which the Stoat immediately forgot.

• Haha
  • Heart

Verfugbar

VIP Member
Thank you for your reply @Yorkie99 , much appreciated.

My question is that this Bill for the Removal of Titles was presented to Parliament on 20th June 2022, three months before the Queen died. On that date nobody could have known how long the Queen would live. Yet the Bill refers to "His Majesty The King."

The Bill is Rachael Maskell's Private Member's Bill to remove PA's Dukedom, and its second reading is due on 24th March 23. A Private Member's Bill has to have the Monarch's assent before being presented to Parliament for debate in the first place, and HM was still alive when it was presented on 20th June 22.
So did she give her assent? If so why is she not mentioned in the Bill, but her son is?

This is my question.

The Queen was still alive on 20th June 22 and I cannot see her approving a Bill to remove PA's Dukedom. No mention is made in the Bill of Her Majesty The Queen, it's His Majesty the King. But Charles wasn't the King on 20th June 2022, he was the Prince of Wales.

It's on the internet under the Removal of Titles Bill in Parliament, and the text is quite clear. No Queen.
Any thoughts????
Short version, the first reading of a Bill in the Commons is little more than a presentation of the title of the Bill (like getting your dissertation approved). Then follows an order for the Bill to be printed, and the text of the Bill would reflect the Monarch at the time of printing. I don't know how long it takes to get to the date of printing, but this was likely extended by the summer recess and the events of September. It is then presented for the Second Reading, which is the first time it is actually debated.

1677964661223.png

From
https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/laws/passage-bill/commons/coms-commons-first-reading/

Last edited:

Maleficent50

VIP Member
So they called told to bugger orfff from 🐸 more in January but it’s only come out this week with the tales of woe and wagggghhhh unfair from them. In my mind I think the timing has something to do with this event that’s happening today. Hee gonna throw some more missiles at the royal family isn’t he? And bring up the “eviction”

• Sick
  • Wow