Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the other hand, St George's will look very sombre with just 30 dressed in black. Maybe the military uniforms in such a sparse congregation would look diminished, somehow?
That's a good point. The gaudy uniforms (no matter how cool they do look) perhaps needs the bland background of the few hundred (thousand?) suits that would normally be present at such an occasion to both stand out but also not overwhelm. If you had half the congregation in them it starts to look a little like a really excessive fancy dress ?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm in the same place. Ann and Edward in plain clothes, unfair but prevents it being all about Andy'n'Haz. Charles and William in uniform would be a better compromise.

On the other hand, St George's will look very sombre with just 30 dressed in black. Maybe the military uniforms in such a sparse congregation would look diminished, somehow?

Harry & Meghan #91 No Uniforms for the Terrible Two, Suits Will Do, It's Not About You
Brilliant thread title suggestion.

Reactions: 23
Hold on!
I have just had a thought, Peter Phillips won't be wearing a uniform!
Who is going to spare his blushes?
As the eldest grandchild I presume he will be there.

Reactions: 11
My guess is;

All family in suits
All 30 guests sat 2m apart even couples
Harry will leave sunday
Pictures of Harry on beach with Archie in papers by Tuesday

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
If this is actually true, and I suspect it might just be SS fluff, then JCMC isn't interested in healing any wounds as he's just asked to put feelings on hold. No apology or wanting to work things out and he still backs everything he said and done.

Bye bye and take your security invoice with you
Interesting. In LadyC book (99p on Kindle, ta to Tattlers for the tip off), she writes that MM’s long standing school friend - name escapes me - told of MM falling out with people & would not make the first move to reconcile. This MO from earliest years suggest this is partly how MM kept her parents in line, by leveraging her precious child status.

So interesting that Hazza should seemingly seek reconciliation with his sibling & cousin peers before the big day, but really this is a gesture of narc‘ control. He’s suing for peace so that he does not get biffed about on the day. Many a cross word is said at funerals (& wedding) as simmering tensions boil up.

If the responses to Hazzard’s overtures are cordial, it will be so under the flag of doing the right thing, not to disrupt the funeral, out of respect to PP & HMTQ. Once the day is over & as Hazza heads off home, there will be some choice comments made.

As I mentioned before, for Eugenie with friends like H&M, who needs enemies? Since MM came on the scene & openly dissed her, Eugenie has got married & had her first baby, also the matter of Andrew’s disgrace, she will have grown up that much more. She is close to her grandparents & will have been disappointed by H&M. One of the edited Orca highlights that stood out for me was Mega’s throwaway comment about Eugenie - ‘oh, we’re old friends’. Yeah, right.

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Big bl**dy whoop! Why is this news? 😡 Wish they would stop with this drip feeding! We all know it’s lies.

ETA I was pregnant with my first child when my father-in-law died abroad and my husband had to travel over there for the funeral. I wasn’t able to go with him as I had a threatened miscarriage and my mother stayed with me while hubby was away.
The difference was that I KNEW my in-laws and got on well with them, unlike the American faker.
So Doria can support her and be with her now yet couldn't do same when M was 'suicidal'

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I agree where was Doria when Meghan wanted that support as her mother I’d be on first plane over.

What support does Meghan even need, she didn’t know Philip so she can’t play the grieving Granddaughter-in- law for a man she did know, she’s probs gonna be watching the funeral on the tv wearing the same funeral attire that Wallis Simpson wore for Edwards funeral.

So Doria can support her and be with her now yet couldn't do same when M was 'suicidal'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Interesting. In LadyC book (99p on Kindle, ta to Tattlers for the tip off), she writes that MM’s long standing school friend - name escapes me - told of MM falling out with people & would not make the first move to reconcile. This MO from earliest years suggest this is partly how MM kept her parents in line, by leveraging her precious child status.

So interesting that Hazza should seemingly seek reconciliation with his sibling & cousin peers before the big day, but really this is a gesture of narc‘ control. He’s suing for peace so that he does not get biffed about on the day. Many a cross word is said at funerals (& wedding) as simmering tensions boil up.

If the responses to Hazzard’s overtures are cordial, it will be so under the flag of doing the right thing, not to disrupt the funeral, out of respect to PP & HMTQ. Once the day is over & as Hazza heads off home, there will be some choice comments made.

As I mentioned before, for Eugenie with friends like H&M, who needs enemies? Since MM came on the scene & openly dissed her, Eugenie has got married & had her first baby, also the matter of Andrew’s disgrace, she will have grown up that much more. She is close to her grandparents & will have been disappointed by H&M. One of the edited Orca highlights that stood out for me was Mega’s throwaway comment about Eugenie - ‘oh, we’re old friends’. Yeah, right.
Is the school friend's name Nikki Priddy? Lady C mentions her sometimes in her YouTube videos.

I always thought that MM tries to take attention from Eugenie because she dislikes the fact the Eugenie is friends with 2 of Harry's ex-girlfriends. Plus she probably hasn't forgotten the whole tiara fiasco and we all know MM likes to hold a grudge.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The Mail have updated their 'uniforms' story at 10.30am so they seem to be pretty sure. No uniforms, just as for Princess Margaret and Princess Diana. It sounds like Hazza has been a nightmare over this, reading between the lines.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Will there be further details of funeral today, such as who the 30 will be.

Reactions: 6
I think they said today we should find out who the 30 are and potentially the order of service.

Does anyone think we may hear from the other grandkids?

Will there be further details of funeral today, such as who the 30 will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I remember an interview years ago with a royal photographer (I think it was Arthur Edwards).
He said Diana was a lot more photogenic than Kate but that in real life Kate was much more stunning and that photograph’s didn’t do her justice.
Diana was a very striking and charismatic woman with a tall impressive figure but I never considered her facially beautiful.

If I had to choose I would rather look like Kate but I can see that Diana had something about her that drew the eye to her.

Reactions: 34
Oh the stupidity with these sugars is unreal.
Both William and Catherine were very well thought of when they lived on Anglesey pre Wedding ...Catherine even helped with local scout troop and by all accounts was a very good baker ( I have this on very good authority from a colleague )
I once stood next to her when she was shopping in our local waitrose....no airs and graces- the local lads in the store were so excited to see her ( she had very low key security at the time) she even carried her own basket - I had a quick nosy to see what she was buying ( digestive biscuits and chocolate iirc!)what I do remember was that she was stunning and had the most amazing bouncy hair!
William flew the helicopter several time to local hospital to drop off casualties , but no one bothered him
Prince William flew for East Anglia Air Ambulance
I used to donate a lot of items to them
Lady in our local shop had met him at a fund raiser
No one knew he was going
He just turned up ,people just said oh doesn’t he look like Prince William lol ,no aires and graces stayed quite awhile and bought cakes to take home and made an undisclosed donation
Only reason he got Sussed was his voice

see Meecow that’s how you earn respect
by not making a press release every time you fart

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Lovely tributes
My daughter just text me about this. She said it made her fill up to see those pictures and she was trying to get a grip. She's in work.

I must confess, I was gone as soon as I looked at them. I'd say the family grief is quite raw, it's certainly out there for all to see.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Scooby is just retweeting other people's tweets and instagram photos/tributes again today - he really has got nothing to report now that his kween has gone silent on him.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
All he’s going to be tweeting pictures of on Saturday is Harry looking grim.

Scooby is just retweeting other people's tweets and instagram photos/tributes again today - he really has got nothing to report now that his kween has gone silent on him.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I was just looking at the Wiki, and wondered how Kruger Crowne managed to get her the speaking gigs - what expertise did she have to speak at alternative investment events for eg?

Reactions: 9
I agree where was Doria when Meghan wanted that support as her mother I’d be on first plane over.

What support does Meghan even need, she didn’t know Philip so she can’t play the grieving Granddaughter-in- law for a man she did know, she’s probs gonna be watching the funeral on the tv wearing the same funeral attire that Wallis Simpson wore for Edwards funeral.
Well she has no security so she’s scared without Harry in that big McMansion of theirs. There’s been so many security breaches and she’s pregnant and vulnerable without Harry you see. See what position the nasty RF has put me in ? Don’t any of you remember what happened to Sharon Tate ? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😝😝😝

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.