Harry and Meghan #90 Philip didn't want a fuss so let's make the funeral all about us!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With hindsight, does anyone else think that Lady C was given permission to release the 'Princess Anne said Megz was unsuitable' news to clear that out of the way before Prince Philip passed?

Lady C is repeating that the RF view is that MM is unhinged, detached from reality and unreliable. That paves the way for any of her future accusations to be treated as suspect, doesn't it?

Reactions: 56
I thought Philips funeral was meant to be a military one? To differentiate it from the larger and bigger state funeral, often given to monarchy?

So if they have a uniform everyone entitled should wear it?
I think the press and Harkles pr are making a big thing about suits and uniform. Protocol will be followed and PP's wishes taken into account. He wanted a low-key ceremony so maybe they will wear suits. I believe the Royal Marines will be carrying the coffin (in uniform). I can't see Andrew kicking up a fuss and neither should Harry.

Reactions: 22
I forget about CaroleM’s statement - good catch.
A neat example of doing the ‘right thing’.
Extended family pulling together rather than lobbing insults & unsubstantiated allegations at your own family from afar.

Reactions: 47
Lady C in this specific case IMHO just enables the Harkles to put more blame on the Royals, simply by claiming that they are treating Meagain in the same way as Diana(unhinged, mental etc)
It actually helps the Harkles, Lady C would never name her sources, Harkles get their Diana 2.0 narrative by simply pointing out that its from the royal/British/aristo/racist side.

Reactions: 7
Wasn't that taken at Willi and Kate's wedding ? Nobody had heard of Meghan then!
Yes, taken at the wedding. And indeed, nobody had heard of Meghan then. And to this day there are no photos like this of Philip with her.

Reactions: 25
Not at the rate they will get through the money, it wont.....

Reactions: 14
I believe that Harry will have little contact with members of the BRF outside the funeral. Staff will contact him to tell him what to wear and what the arrangements will be, he will come at the time he is being told to the place he is being told, say hello to everyone who is there and then go when it is over and then fly back to the US.

That's it.
I don't think anyone will talk to him about the interview or anything else.

Reactions: 44
Lets hope the door doesnt bang him on the arse on his way out.

Reactions: 31
It's great that Princess Alice is getting more exposure, however her mother Princess Victoria had her sectioned for good reason and was herself an amazing lady. It's fabulous that the stories about these 2 women are coming to the for becasue quite frankly they both show Meghan in an even worse light. Where anyone got the idea that Meghan was some strong, independent woman I'll never know.

Reactions: 28
Wasn't that taken at Willi and Kate's wedding ? Nobody had heard of Meghan then!
I think the point was made earlier by another Tattler - the best pic MM can pony up to demonstrate her "special bond" with PP was her walking behind him on at the Christmas walk to church .......... even Pippa has a nice shot of a warm moment with PP and she isn't married to a member of the RF.

Reactions: 44
I agree with some of your post, however allegedly Meghan was going to be allowed to choose her own causes, the RF bent over backwards to accomodate her, they even suggested she continue working. The real issue was that she wasn't allowed to monetise her position and she was always going to play second or third fiddle, once she realised that she was off.

Reactions: 46

The above actually conveys the problem, they are not going anywhere without a clean cut and brute media force.
Hell will freeze before Markle leaves the
-association
-titles
-childrens heritage(by association)
-future inheritances
-future royalties..
The list is endless. The Royals are stuck, and seem completely oblivious to the fact that the Harkles are a welcome addition to anti-monarchists, woke groups, republicanism, and foreign political pressure groups.
Remember even on British soil, why Blair never got a knighthood, and why he suddenly changed the tune in his books.

Reactions: 13
I reckon Blair didn’t get a K because he decommissioned Brenda’s beloved royal yacht as part of Labour’s cost cutting pledges.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.