Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
As was the official announcement by the palace. They, too, had some weird wording, totally different from all the other birth announcement they ever did before.

Not to forget the long winded, painfully avoiding to be sued statements LCC gave in her book and still gives in her videos.
Huh? the note outside BP specifically said the Duchess of Dussex was delivered..... just like all the others? But it was different in terms of no signatures and has a weird preface sentence about how delighted the Queen and family are. The announcement itself was also worded almost completely the same wird for word. It’s hard to say, as there had been no other births since a couple of years and they have started to incorporate more relaxed wording to appear warmer and close knit all around. It will be hart to find good examples for conclusions. As Beatrice and Eugenie are so far down the line and probably not care about having any note displayed at all. The Cambridge children are important in terms of succession, so whatever will be done for them will be by the book. The others have more leeway. The missing signatures are the only “strange” thing here if you want to find one.

Attachments

Reactions: 6

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Huh? the note outside BP specifically said the Duchess of Dussex was delivered..... just like all the others? But it was different in terms of no signatures and has a weird preface sentence about how delighted the Queen and family are. The announcement itself was also worded almost completely the same wird for word. It’s hard to say, as there had been no other births since a couple of years and they have started to incorporate more relaxed wording to appear warmer and close knit all around. It will be hart to find good examples for conclusions. As Beatrice and Eugenie are so far down the line and probably not care about having any note displayed at all. The Cambridge children are important in terms of succession, so whatever will be done for them will be by the book. The others have more leeway. The missing signatures are the only “strange” thing here if you want to find one.
The notices are also yankee Wally video with some other stuff

Reactions: 6

Jkay

Chatty Member
Really? I’m sure Mr Markle could have sold a million stories to date, but to my knowledge he hasn’t sold any. A few unfortunate photos and a rebuttal of an accusation 🤷‍♀️
So the interviews he did with the Mail, the channel 5 documentary, Good morning Britain, etc were all done for free?

Reactions: 4

Jkay

Chatty Member
He seems to have asked some medics back in March if they thought it was, not that he said he thought it was.

I think we can give him some slack on that, it was March, when we knew nothing of what was coming
Match 4th? Think anyone with some brains knew it was serious by then. We'd already started hearing how bad Italy was. You'd think he probably had private briefings on it by then too

Reactions: 3

Great_Kate

VIP Member
Sorry to disagree. Early March a lot of European nations already were in shutdown or openly discussing it. The numbers were already very high. People knew. The British government made the decision to keep things as they were were for longer then most other European nations (very much like the Swedes). The continent did discuss that at length in newspapers and the news. They only turned around when people dropped like flies, the NHS was at it’s very limit and Boris experienced it himself. Wiliam’s comment didn’t go uncriticised then. Even by fans. And that was well deserved. The joke was unlucky and uneducated then and highly inappropriate in retrospective. I always said he should have addressed it, even without addressing it directly. I do wonder how it worked though. Because it seemed they just went about their live as normal, doing zoom calls together, kids at home and fully staffed. Shouldn’t he quarantine to make sure neither his family or staff could catch it while he was still infectious? I also don’t see that there would have been a panic if people would have known. Charles gave regular updates. His health always seemed to be ok. The BRF has enough positions in the line of succession. That’s the whole point. Kate would have probably filled in for George if necessary. Thankfully they are all ok but if not, this wouldn’t have been the end of the BRF or the UK. And honestly, he should have rested instead of going on. COVID can come with severe long term effects, better make sure you recover as well as possible. Especially if you want to be head of state at one point. Your people deserve your best.
Kate and Wiliam are great, but they are not above missteps and criticism.
This coming out now, looks bad in my opinion. He should have been transparent. People will go and search for everything he did while infectious and properly find something questionable (as you would find with anyone under the looking glass). The mere fact, that this didn’t come from them makes me wonder who actually played this card.

Reactions: 2

Ailte

VIP Member
She wasn't pregnant with Archie. If they produce another sprog they'll use a surrogate again. Now they're in America she doesn't have to dust off the moonbump as the laws are different over there.
She might try it again though because she thinks we're all stupid enough to swallow her lies.
Never heard anything about a surrogate!

Reactions: 1

Jkay

Chatty Member
If my memory serves me rightly he was responding to accusations in the press, not actually selling ‘stories’. And I believe he received a pittance for his trouble
Depends who you believe. Even if you go off the lower estimate $7500 for a chat with GMB is easy money.

Reactions: 1