Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

antinoos

About this Aunty, the case surely hinges on the fact that the famous five were integral in the debacle. How can they, as key witnesses, be anonymous? As a lay person I kind of can’t see how they can be kept private. It’s been made such a public issue it’s now in the public interest to know who we are dealing with. I’d love to be a fly on any of their walls 🦟

Like Ive said HWGA101 youre absolutely right. Its not in the public interest to keep evidence or its sources secret unless: its kids, state secrets or might prejudice other serious (ie criminal) proceedings. As I understand it Meghans arguments are based on their identity "young mothers not in the public eye" the court is hardly going to rule that no "young mother etc" who is a witness in proceedings can be named; and also speculation about what the Mail might do to them if they are allowed to name them which is not the kind of theoretical proposition courts like to take into account for obvious reasons.

Thats why I think, unless there is something we dont know, the Application seems misconceived and hopeless.

Worth their salt indeed!
I thought Meghan wanted their identities kept secret up until the point they had to give evidence, cos the mail/all media would doorstep them and their families, publish everything they could find out?
Which see my reply to HWGA101 would mean no witness against the Press could ever be named. It really seems hopeless but we dont know all the details.

Reactions: 13

Charlie-dog

VIP Member
I think she was. If not, the RF would have ammunition to throw her under the bus.

HOWEVER, I do think she “accentuated” her pregnancy to make her look more motherly and vulnerable. The wild ups and downs of her bump are suspicious but she clearly gained face weight and had an (even) thicker waist after the birth.
I think the face was due to surgery and the waist due to relaxing her so called vegan diet. I highly doubt she was pregnant.

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
I agree but think think he may have complex issues. Maybe learning difficulties, ADHD or even something else. He’s had the kid gloves treatment for his whole life, and not necessarily wholly because of the loss of his mother. I think there is genuine fear for him within the RF.

Can’t a defendant defend themselves in this country? 🤣
You know what they say, “a man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client”
😁

• Haha

Izzie321

Megz (via Rushbrooke) has said they are 'unwilling'. How would she know? What business is it of hers?

A bit unfortunate, then, that Friend B has apparently already provided a statement.
Do we know this was privately provided, or without Megan’s knowledge?

Hearing over, no judgment today.
It is so drawn out isn’t it. Thought there is no judgement, some interesting tid bits from today!

Attachments

NOID-phal

VIP Member
Which see my reply to HWGA101 would mean no witness against the Press could ever be named. It really seems hopeless but we dont know all the details.
Perhaps she's still trying to persuade them to back up her version of events. They've no way of knowing if the mail have proof of who said what, and when. 😕

• Wow

Angeoudemon

VIP Member
Sorry for derailing but my SO is a big Alien fan and we have this magnet on our fridge:

20200728_221531.jpg

Well a lot of things comes to mind for sure...😂

• Haha

Oona

I’ve just been on the DM app (I know, sorry) and all the Ginge and Cringe articles have magically disappeared off the app. Not deleted (I think) just moved off the main stories. However the Times have deleted the Roya Nikkah (which I always read as Royal Knickers) article about G&C refusing help over dad Markle. I wonder what’s going on??
This is interesting, something to do with the court case maybe.

• Wow

Silbee

VIP Member
If it is Jessica who has issued her own private statement to the court, what does that mean, can anyone make sense of that?

Silbee

VIP Member
What's the quickest way to find out the result of tomorrow's judgment? Wait for it to hit the papers? Or here? : -)

• Haha