Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
I cannot believe that during the midst of a global pandemic they thought it would be a good idea to release this book. Businesses destroyed, people losing jobs left right and centre; people unable to pay their mortgage/rent and these bozos are whining about not getting the respect they think they deserve?? Just unbelievable.

Boo frigging hoo - you were 3rd in-line to the throne and now you’re 6th. Guess what - im 50 millionth in line to the throne but I’ve managed to plod along, happy with my 3 bed semi, boring and badly paid job.

What a Pair of spoilt, immature, whiny brats. How can they not see that they had the lifestyle of billionaires and all they had to do was cut a couple of ribbons a year?
Oh I can believe it, this is the pair that stood in the middle of the South Africa tour surrounded by abject poverty and violence and said how hard things were, and how it was hard that no one had asked how she was.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

antinoos

Perhaps she's still trying to persuade them to back up her version of events. They've no way of knowing if the mail have proof of who said what, and when. 😕
Its a version of events so fantastically unlikely that it is hard to imagine how it will survive the cross examination of five different witnesses: How and when did you get the letter or parts of it and from whom? Did you all go seperately or in a group or in dribs and drabs to the Magazine? Which of you had the idea first or did it appear miraculously in all your minds at once like the Holy Spirit? Did NONE of you think it might be an idea to check with the Special One first.....then the detail...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Momof5intheStates

VIP Member
I’ve been married for over 25 years & I’ve never met either of my sister in laws without my husband being there. He’s never met up with my brother without me being there.
The people who I know who do things separately with their in-laws knew them before they got together with their partners.
I'm over between 14 and 25 yrs older than my Sister n law's and Brother n law's on my husband's side. We have zilch in common with the exception we married brothers and our kids share the same DNA. I'm not invited to "girls night", bachelorette parties, been a bridesmaid, had baby showers thrown for me, gone to lunch or shopping.....it is what it friggin is. I've stopped going to "Family functions" because of it all. My sister n law on my side, love her to pieces. She's my age, owns her own vintage clothing store in L.A., is a bad a** drummer in a punk band, covered in tats and piercings, and is the BEST thing to ever happen to my brother!!

Shmedge is just a whiney a** little twuntwaffle that is so full of herself she can't see beyond her weird looking nose!! If I disliked her and the nutsack before, this "book" intensified it!!! 🤬🤬🤬
1595750393951.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

antinoos

Very interesting, If the Sussexes have distanced themselves from the book will they sue for any ,
invasion of privacy , false claims
or any other bullsh!t they sue everyone else for at the drop of a hat? 🤭
I doubt even Meghan is deluded enough to try and litigate her obvious complicity in this latest shit-show out of existence.

If Scobie (and the low-profile one who still wants to have a carreer) really had cobbled it all together unauthorised (something which is as obviously untrue as the five friends miracle evidence) then the Smegs should have immediately disowned it and declared their love and loyalty to the RF.

Their silence is a clear indication that they think once again there are people stupid enough to believe the fantasy that they just sit there dreaming up plans to save the world whilst dozens of loving friends spin away the hate and envy being directed at them by Kate, William and various public servants they have bullied and abused.

They are utterly revolting. An illustration of the old saw that there is no real difference between wickedness and stupidity.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

antinoos

It doesn't add up at all.

In the Times extract that deals with Thomas, I saw this bit:

His bespoke suit and custom shoes were waiting at the Oliver Brown tailor in Chelsea, southwest London, and Harry had asked a military veteran to accompany Meghan’s father. “The treatment that Meghan’s mother, Doria, received when she arrived here is exactly what was planned for Thomas,” a senior aide added, noting that he would have been put up in a hotel and given a protection officer and assistant during his stay.

Oliver Brown seemed odd to me. Harry's tailor all his life (pre Meghan and the Attack of the Grey Polo Shirt) was Gieves & Hawkes. Then I remembered this.

A week after the wedding, a story broke about 'Thomas Markle's wedding suit' was recycled and bought by a PR chap who just happened to have the same measurements as Mr Thomas! What a coincidence! And happily wore the suit to Ascot and provided pictures! But... that tailor was in Savile Row - not Oliver Brown of Chelsea. Or was it?

Sports PR Johnno Spence confirmed to UK newspaper The Sunday Telegraph that he had purchased Thomas’ wedding outfit from a tailor in exclusive London clothing district Savile Row.

Mr Spence visited the tailor to get a suit made for last week’s Royal Ascot, but it turned out he had almost the same dimensions as Mr Markle, so purchased the already made outfit instead.

“It was a shame Mr Markle couldn’t attend his daughter’s wedding. But you could say his misfortune was my good luck,” Mr Spence told the newspaper.

As well as purchasing the suit, Mr Spence also bought additional clothing made by the tailor and intended for Mr Markle to wear while in the UK. “[The tailor’s] face lit up and he said ‘Well, actually I’ve got the perfect thing for you, a tail suit, a summer suit and three shirts we made for Mr Markle, but unfortunately he couldn’t take them.’”

But then if you go to the Daily Mail's version of the same story back in June 2018, you get this

Johnno Spence, a PR guru to the horseracing world, picked up the ‘semi-bespoke’ morning suit for a bargain price when he visited Chelsea outfitters Oliver Brown.

Meghan had personally commissioned the company’s owner Kristian Robson to make several men’s summer outfits for her father, not just the suit for the wedding, suggesting that his visit to the UK had been intended to last several days. Her shopping list included three shirts with size 18 collars and double cuffs, in blue, yellow and white; a navy blue weekend suit; a single-breasted waistcoat; and a set of tails – all in size XL.

Old Harrovian Mr Spence paid £2,000 for the items, around half the full price, and proudly wore the morning suit to Ascot.

The Duchess of Sussex may well have caught a glimpse of him wearing her father’s suit as she breezed past him on her way into the Royal Enclosure on the first day of Ascot, last Tuesday.

The source added: ‘It is common practice for the Royals to wave at Enclosure guests as they arrive in the carriage procession and Johnno will have caught Meghan’s eye, perhaps. ‘He has met the Queen a few times and had dinner with her once.’

So... the whole 'Look I ordered suits for my Dad! See how much I wanted him at the wedding' just smells like a PR sham (ordering a bespoke tailsuit 'in size XL'?) . But her team were very keen to get that story out.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Mail depose the tailor to find out exactly when they took Mr Markle's inside leg measurement?
Also it seems incredibly spiteful to sell them on - they could have sent him the non wedding stuff. Just who treats their father like this? What terrible thing did he do? Posed for photos reading a book. Idiotic, yes; but would you banish your otherwise blameless elderly sick father immediately before your wedding, to outer darkness and public denunciation for such a trivial thing? It really makes no sense: either a psychotic temper tantrum or something alltogether more calculating.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Melodybear

Also that vegan meal stuff. What sort of vegan has roast chicken as their signature dish? You can imagine the scene: k+w invite them round for an informal supper. how can you make that as difficult as possible? Ah yes the old vegan gluten free combo - oh and I dont eat onions, or tomatoes, or olive oil, or salt.....can we come at 6...we have to leave before 8.30...Megs will bring her own wine (and water)...I can just imagine.
She’s chowed down on many a beef bayonet in her time...vegan my arse!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Momof5intheStates

VIP Member
Here's the latest excerpt from the Sunday Times:

No workplace is perfect. In the rarefied world of the monarchy, the pressure could be insane. Such were the internal politics between Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace that even royal-watchers started snickering when it appeared the households were scheduling events and social media posts on the same day to outdo one another. “There has always been competitiveness between the households,” admits a senior aide. “That will never change.”

It could hardly have come as a surprise that leaks were happening. One courtier privately bragged to friends about their ability to place a story, positive or negative, in any publication with a click of their fingers, and another told a respected newspaper editor that he could “handle anything after putting up with one of Meghan’s temper tantrums”. Staff described the atmosphere inside the three households as “competitive”, “miserable” and “full-on”.

Responsibility for the problem didn’t rest completely with the household staff — some of it came from the princes themselves. The rift had begun when the Duke of Cambridge questioned the pace at which his brother’s relationship with Meghan was moving.

“A happy and content Harry is rare, so to see him practically skipping around was a delight,” a source still in regular contact with the brothers said. “But at the same time William has always felt he needs to look out for Harry, not as a future monarch but as an older brother. Their whole adult lives he’s felt he should keep an eye on Harry and make sure he’s not in trouble and on a good path.”

Back when Meghan and Harry were dating, William, having met Meghan only a handful of times, wanted to make sure the American actress had the right intentions. “After all, these are two brothers that have spent their whole lives with people trying to take advantage of them,” the source said. “They’ve both developed a radar to detect that type of person, but as William didn’t know a whole lot about Meghan, he wanted to make sure Harry wasn’t blindsided by lust.”

Some members of staff were whispering words of alarm into the Duke of Cambridge’s ear. Meghan was totally foreign to this group of advisers, who could sometimes be even more conservative than the institution they guarded.

This was the backdrop when William sat down with his brother to discuss his relationship with Meghan.

“Don’t feel you need to rush this,” William told Harry, according to sources. “Take as much time as you need to get to know this girl.”

In those last two words, “this girl”, Harry heard the tone of snobbishness that was anathema to his approach to the world. During his 10-year career in the military, outside the royal bubble, he had learnt not to make snap judgments about people based on their accent, education, ethnicity, class or profession.

Also, to remove Meghan from the equation, Harry was tired of the dynamic that had become established between him and his older brother. There had come a point when Harry no longer felt as though he needed looking after. There was a thin line between caring and condescending. Just because he went about his life differently from his brother didn’t make it wrong.

William may have felt he was acting out of concern, but Harry was offended that his older brother still treated him as if he were immature. “Harry was pissed off,” another source said. “Pissed off that his brother would ask such a thing. Some felt it was an overreaction. But then, this sums them up as people — William, the calm and rational one, and Harry, who can’t help but take things far too personally.”

“Harry has a heart of gold, but he’s incredibly sensitive,” a longtime family friend said.

Though another friend added: “Harry could see through William’s words. He was being a snob.”

Harry was taken aback, even angry, despite the fact that William was simply looking out for his brother. He didn’t really know Meghan yet. William was concerned that Harry had isolated himself from many of their old friends. “But perhaps he just didn’t want to accept that Harry had grown up and become his own man,” said a source.

At least two other family members also voiced concerns to each other over the pace at which Harry’s relationship had moved. Meghan had often been the topic of conversation and gossip among them. When she arrived in the prince’s life, one senior royal referred to the American actress as “Harry’s showgirl”. Another told an aide, “She comes with a lot of baggage”. And a high-ranking courtier was overheard telling a colleague, “There’s just something about her I don’t trust.”

Harry was “aware of the talk”, a close friend of his said. “He’s extremely protective of Meghan. He understands that a lot of people are against them, and he will do everything he can to keep her safe and away from getting hurt — even if that means distancing himself from those people.”

Harry didn’t care what his family thought or said. “Nothing was going to get in the way of his happiness,” a source close to Harry and Meghan said. “He knew Meghan was right for him. Their love was real, and their feelings for each other were genuine. Everything else was noise.”

In the months after William talked to Harry about the relationship, the two hardly spoke. The brothers went from always making time for each other to spending barely any time together. Harry had always loved popping across the grounds of the palace to see George and Charlotte, bringing them gifts that included an electric SUV for his nephew and a tricycle for his niece. But those visits had come to a virtual halt by the summer of 2017. In fact, Harry had spent less time with Prince Louis than the others because of the growing tension between him and his brother after Louis’s birth on April 23, 2018. The distance came from both directions. Harry spent less time going over to see the children, but the invitations from William and Kate were the first to dry up.

Though it was not necessarily her responsibility, Kate did little to bridge the divide. She was fiercely loyal to her husband and his family.

Once Harry and Meghan were married, the gap between the brothers only widened. William and Kate’s feelings seemed obvious to the Sussexes that summer and beyond. Among all the friends and family Harry and Meghan hosted at their house in Oxfordshire between May 2018 and March 2019, the Cambridges failed to visit. “The invite was there,” a source said.

It was a far cry from how Harry had envisioned his future. The younger prince once told a friend that he had an image of getting married and spending time with William and Kate, the two couples together, their children best friends.

The friction between the brothers was one of several reasons Harry wanted to base his family in Windsor. “He wanted to get away from the goldfish bowl that was Kensington Palace,” a source said. “Everywhere you turn, you’re surrounded by staff and family. He was at a point in his life where he was working with his brother, doing the foundation with his brother and living by his brother. It was too much.”

High-ranking aides across all three royal households were so alarmed by the press coverage and speculation on social media about a rift between the brothers and their wives that they began openly discussing the impact it could have on the monarchy if things weren’t righted.

‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will move to Frogmore Cottage on the Windsor estate early next year as they prepare for the arrival of their first child,” the palace announced in November 2018 of their new home, a stone’s throw from Windsor Castle and just yards from Frogmore House, where they had held their wedding reception and engagement photoshoot. “Windsor is a very special place for their royal highnesses and they are grateful that their official residence will be on the estate.”

Frogmore was perfect for Harry and Meghan, given its connection to Windsor — but it wasn’t next door to William and Kate and their children. That was enough to set off the narrative of “Duelling duchesses” that took flight two days later.

Refusing to address incorrect rumours only reinforced them. Traditionally, the palace has had no comment when it comes to rumours, but the Sussexes felt it wasn’t afraid to bend the rules if it was to correct a story about higher-ranking family members. (Case in point: a spokesman went on the record in July 2019 to deny claims by a cosmetic clinic that Kate had had “baby Botox”.) Harry and Meghan were frustrated by this approach.

Meghan would agree with the assessment that the duchesses were not the best of friends. Their relationship hadn’t progressed much since she was Harry’s girlfriend. Although Meghan might have understood Kate’s wariness to strike up a meaningful friendship, they were still no closer by the time she was a fellow senior working member of the royal family and the wife of William’s brother. Flowers for her birthday were nice, but Meghan would far rather have had Kate check in on her during the most difficult times with the press.

But they were not at war with each other either. There were awkward moments, such as the day the women happened to cross paths at Kensington Palace (in early 2017, when Harry and Meghan were still only dating), and although both were heading out to go shopping — in the same street — Kate went in her own Range Rover. The truth was that Meghan and Kate just didn’t know each other that well. Although some aides claimed at the time that they “talked and texted regularly”, by the time of Harry and Meghan’s wedding the sisters-in-law had spent only a handful of occasions together.

At the outset of her romance with Harry, Meghan had fully expected Kate to reach out and give her the lie of the land on everything an outsider to the Firm needed to know. But that was not how things turned out. Meghan was disappointed that she and Kate hadn’t bonded over the position they shared, but she wasn’t losing sleep over it. According to a source, Kate felt they didn’t have much in common “other than the fact that they lived at Kensington Palace”.

The press continued to save its harshest criticism for Meghan. One story had a “furious” Kate intervening after Meghan “bollocked” a member of her staff. The Kensington Palace staff member was rumoured to be the deputy communications secretary, Katrina McKeever, who had left the palace after five years to explore new opportunities. Even Kensington Palace didn’t understand the bizarre story. McKeever left on a good note with the Sussexes, who sent her a handwritten letter and huge floral arrangement when she left.

It was open season on Meghan, with many looking for anything and everything to criticise. “Duchess Different,” a close friend of Meghan’s said. “That’s what people have a problem with. She’s the easiest person in the world to work with. Certain people just don’t like the fact she stands out.”

“This is a script that wrote itself as soon as you knew that an American actress was coming into the royal family,” another aide added.

Meghan felt as though some of the commentary and tabloid stories were more than a culture clash; they were sexist and prejudiced. If a man got up before dawn to work, he was applauded for his work ethic. If a woman did it, she was deemed difficult or “a bitch”. The double standard was exacerbated when it came to successful women of colour, often labelled demanding or aggressive.

Racism takes a different form in the UK from in America, but there is no mistaking its existence and how ingrained it is. A major theme of racism in the UK centres on the question of who is authentically “British”. It can come through in subtle acts of bias, micro-aggressions such as the palace staffer who told the biracial co-author of these words, “I never expected you to speak the way you do”, or the newspaper headline “Memo to Meghan: we Brits prefer true royalty to fashion royalty”. While the columnist was criticising Meghan for her Vogue editorials, there was another way to read it, which is that to be British meant to be born and bred in the UK — and be white.

There were reports that, before the wedding, Meghan had left Kate in tears following a bridesmaid fitting for Princess Charlotte. “Kate had only just given birth to Prince Louis and was feeling quite emotional,” a source said. There were reports that claimed Meghan’s “strict demands” caused Kate to cry.

A source, who was at the mid-May wedding fitting and has never discussed before what really happened, said stories about tears have been “puzzling” to those who were present. “Some of the children weren’t co-operating, and there was a lot going on. Everyone tried to help where they could, but it’s never easy with kids at fittings. There were no tears from anyone. And in the end, the fitting was fine. Kate and Meghan were both a little stressed but professionals in the room, and there were other people there.”

Those close to Meghan questioned whether someone from the palace or a former employee could have been behind the story, and wondered aloud why aides refused to set the record straight there and then. “There are people, whether they work with the family or are members of the family, that know that a lot of this stuff isn’t true, and aren’t allowed to say anything, like that ridiculous story about Meg and Catherine and the bridesmaids’ dresses,” a trusted confidant said. “That story was ridiculous and so false.”

At the time, though, a Kensington Palace aide said only that the women, who were both hurt by the accusations, were “very different people”.

Several aides across the royal households now confirm that there was no fitting that left the Duchess of Cambridge in tears.

The press continued to save its harshest criticism for Meghan. One story had her demanding spray-bottle air fresheners to spritz around “musty” St George’s Chapel (the Queen’s regular place of worship, which contains the Royal Vault) for her wedding day, horrifying Buckingham Palace officials. The truth was that the discreet Baies scented air diffusers for the chapel provided by Diptyque — much like the candles that Kate chose to scent Westminster Abbey for her 2011 nuptials — had been approved by all parties involved.
Honestly........I don't believe any of it. I just don't. This book is all a big "boohoo poor Meg.....🤢 portraying her as this total victim who did her absolute best but those damn racist Brits and RF......And Harry as friggin just pathetic! And the RF as monsters....... I just strait up call Bullnasties!!!
1595734466052.gif

1595734498803.gif

They helped with the whole damn thing! It reads like shmeg's "they are all meanies" journal!!!
1595734615154.gif

• Haha
  • Heart

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
William wasn't asking Harry to do anything he hadn't done himself. Envious of his brother's stable and loving relationship with Catherine, Harry didn't have the maturity to put in the patience over 10 years of courting which had laid the groundwork for it. Though Catherine was mocked as 'Waity Katy' over this period she was apparently given training behind the scenes for her new role.

Honestly I am thinking the only redemption for Harry might lie in a well publicised stay at the Priory.

• Haha

freda19

VIP Member
Well its listed for 1030am tomorrow in front of Warby. Unfortunately Im a bit busy tomorrow and out and about so you probably wont be hearing from me till Thursday. I'm sure youll manage.
Why do you have a life outside tattle?
Explain yourself mister :mad:

• Haha

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
This article is priceless....😂😂

" Finding Freedom isn’t exactly about the triumph of the human spirit over adversity. It’s more like Kevin the teenager and Veruca Salt dictating their feeble moans to Scooby-Doo and Velma, who then publish their findings as The Secret Diary Of Mr And Mrs Adrian Mole"
😅 🤣 😂
Thanks for sharing - I needed a good laugh this evening.

• Haha
  • Heart

PennyCrayon

VIP Member
“an actress with thoughts straight out of the Hallmark Greeting Cards School of Emotion; and a not very bright, unemployed man sitting in a McMansion in LA in a bobble hat.”

Possibly my favourite part of an excellent article.
Poor Harry, he surely must wonder what on earth hes got himself into but would never admit it.

1.png

• Haha
  • Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
So which author is going to write a book from the Queen, Charles, William& Kates point of view? Id buy it! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Baguette

VIP Member
Also it seems incredibly spiteful to sell them on - they could have sent him the non wedding stuff. Just who treats their father like this? What terrible thing did he do? Posed for photos reading a book. Idiotic, yes; but would you banish your otherwise blameless elderly sick father immediately before your wedding, to outer darkness and public denunciation for such a trivial thing? It really makes no sense: either a psychotic temper tantrum or something alltogether more calculating.
Or kept it for a future family event.. like a christening. Oh, wait..

We're supposed to believe that these clothes were ordered but never paid for, so the tailor had to resell at half-price to recoup costs, plus a compensatory PR campaign? It's just deeply unbelievable.

What Meghan Wants as ever. She didn't want her father at the wedding, wanted to walk down the aisle next to Prince Charles (more creepy Diana cosplay) and tempting Thomas into those pap shots gave her the covert to exclude him, with a bonus helping of public humilation as well. It gave her the all-important pictures with the future King, and prevented Thomas revealing any inconvenient truths about her family life in the days leading up to the wedding. It only makes sense if Haz had been told a pack of lies about her background that any detailed chat with Thomas would start to unravel.

• Heart
  • Angry

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
“A happy and content Harry is rare, so to see him practically skipping around was a delight,” a source still in regular contact with the brothers said."

"Harry was offended that his older brother still treated him as if he were immature. “Harry was pissed off,” another source said. “Pissed off that his brother would ask such a thing. Some felt it was an overreaction. But then, this sums them up as people — William, the calm and rational one, and Harry, who can’t help but take things far too personally.”

“Harry has a heart of gold, but he’s incredibly sensitive,” a longtime family friend said.
The above quotes sum up the Ginger stinker.
So in other words he's generally known for being morose, hyper sensitive to any criticism, immature, arrogant and hot tempered. Wow what a catch 🙄 I'm beginning to feel slightly sorry for Megain now 😪....... no silly me the fucking gold digging bitch deserves it.🤣

Let's hope she has to put up with some weird fetish stuff as well 😝😵 after all it's only fair that she earns the money 😉😁

• Haha
  • Heart

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I've been continously annoyed at how the royal family has seemed to be a easy touch and let them walk all over them. But the fact a few members of the royal family could see from the start what she’s like is giving me hope. The courtiers are used to money grabbing social climbers and I think will have put steps in place the minute she got engaged to stop her getting her mitts on any money. That's why she hates them so much.

Also I think the Queen is playing an absolute masterstroke by letting them destroy themselves. Every time they do something to destroy themselves, you think they can't sink lower but lo and behold.... When she throws both out with no money or title's people will be asking for a bank holiday for the day. I think she knew they'd try the race route or get stick for turning against her grandson so she had to wait until they both did enough to show their true character and have the public hate them.

Do we know of this is creating any headlines outside of the UK and if people are as bored there now as we are. I wouldn't be surprised if Migraine and noballs tried to pull it now. They're a universal joke.

• Haha

Not Now Bernard

Tbh the “revelations” in this book are ridiculously petty
Harry and Meghan sound like a pair of 13yr olds. It’s embarrassing how two people kicking the arse off 40 can be so immature.

• Haha

PennyCrayon

VIP Member
God no, I only discuss the gruesome twosome here, they never come up in our conversations at home or work because they mean nothing to us.

I don’t think there’s any affection for the spoilt , entitled , arrogant Prince who wasn’t happy with his upper class luxurious royal lifestyle.
The problem is that Harry is not happy in his own skin and he never will be. Meghan has played into every angst Harry has and it’s to his own detriment. All she’s done is show him as the petulant, arrogant child he is.

To me it looks as if a clear message is being sent to Harry in that article, you can come home but don't you dare bring her Meghaness with you. I really feel sorry for Archie, he's like the forgotten boy.
Archie will be the most mixed up kid in LA and that’s saying something.

• Haha
  • Wow