Harry and Meghan #32 Enough of your woke! By the end of the year you'll be broke!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding the nail poliish. The irony is that she generally wears very bland and 'sensible' pale polishes like nude or pale pinks with just occasional brights, but after being advised to not wear dark or overly bright polishes at royal appearances it seemed to trigger a flurry of her wearing deep reds and even black. It was so childish yet machiavellian too, like she was deliberately trying to provoke so she could scream victim and then tell haz they were picking on her over her nail colour choices.
I hate to admit I used to be a bit like that - as soon as someone told me I couldn't do something I'd do it just to be contrary. I was about 8 though so that's OK.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Also, has anyone read any of Lady C’s Other books? I just wondered if they were any good.
I got about 3/4 of the way through “daughter of narcissus” It was @£2.99 on Amazon. It is biographical, growing up with a narcissistic Mum, & an enabling father, it was interesting & at times not the easiest of reads, (there are incidents of “physical/emotional mistreatment“ aimed at her & her siblings)

Which reminds me I must finish it, I got side tracked by the H&M book.

It was interesting to see how she got to where she is, her life experiences.
It also kind of struck a cord in that “Narcissism“ was being used a fair amount @H&M.

Reactions: 11
Yup
Regarding the nail poliish. The irony is that she generally wears very bland and 'sensible' pale polishes like nude or pale pinks with just occasional brights, but after being advised to not wear dark or overly bright polishes at royal appearances it seemed to trigger a flurry of her wearing deep reds and even black. It was so childish yet machiavellian too, like she was deliberately trying to provoke so she could scream victim and then tell haz they were picking on her over her nail colour choices.
Eternal victim.

100% agree - (and unlike @PoleStar, she isn't 8, and this was her JOB!!) 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Now I need @Pom Bear to make a Mean Girls edit of Brenda saying "so you agree, you were going to flog Royal Sussex goods?"
Actually this could be a whole series of edits:
Charlie boy saying "so you agree, you think you're going to live off of Duchy forever?"
Kate "so you agree, you thought you could be Queen before me?"

When Charles increases their pocket money 😬 H will be like "daaaaaad can I ask you for a favour, don't forget my mum died👉🏼🥺👈🏼"
I will try and do that one but in the meantime a mean girls poster lol 🤭 x

Ps I can't get any lower in size for this one without getting worse quality infact it creeped me out as when I tried the pic then looked like the Queen has closed eyes 😱

Polish_20200725_231746401_resize_17_resize_19.jpg

All done..best I could do lol 🙂 xx
Polish_20200725_233527592_resize_94.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
From th DM - The book also suggests that the couple were upset when the Queen did not include a photograph of them and Archie on her desk when she filmed her Christmas speech last year.
But They said they didn't want any photos of archiedoll published, Brenda probably thought they would sue her as well.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I can't access the Telegtaph article either......🤔 If anyone can get it, awesome sauce! And oh lordy I screwed up murky_meg's name in original post 🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm struggling to have pages load (hurricane hitting state next door) so I don't know if this has been shared.
Prince Harry and Meghan's lack of protest to 'Finding Freedom' suggests they don’t mind hacks, provided they come out well
Readers of Finding Freedom could be forgiven for thinking it is the rest of the monarchy that have found their freedom from Harry and Meghan
By Camilla Tominey, Associate Editor25 July 2020 • 4:55pm
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at Canada House on January 07, 2020

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at Canada House on January 07, 2020 Credit: Samir Hussein/Getty
Arguably the best royal book ever written is Andrew Morton’s biography ofDiana, the late Princess of Wales.
Straight from the horse’s mouth and full of previously unreported gems - Diana, Her True Story will forever go down in history as one of the most explosive and revealing royal exposés in recent memory.
Finding Freedom had originally been billed as a similarly seminal tell-all tome. Said to have been written with the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes’ cooperation - a claim the couple denied on Friday - the book chronicling Megxit was likened to Morton’s bestseller when it was serialised by the Times and Sunday Times this weekend.
However, as Morton himself eloquently put it when he contacted the Sunday Telegraph last night: “Diana, Her True Story this aint.”
Less tell-all, and more “tell-again”, royal watchers have been left feeling considerably short-changed to read so-called insights which have been long reported by the mainstream media the Sussexes have grown to despise.
How ironic that a book purporting to document the couple’s side of the story - apparently in the face of a “vendetta” by the press - should only serve to confirm what us pesky royal correspondents have been accurately reporting all along.
Some of the quotes attributed to Meghan, including: “I gave up my entire life for this family”, appear to have been uttered during a hitherto off-the-record moment with chosen journalists including one of the book's authors, Omid Scobie.
By their very nature, off-the-record briefings with members of the royal press pack are meant to remain private.
How curious that in this particular case, Meghan has seemingly agreed to let this intrusion into her innermost thoughts slide.
Only on Thursday, the couple fired yet another salvo at the media by launching legal action in the US after drones were allegedly used to take pictures of their one-year-old son Archie, where they are currently based in Los Angeles, California.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with their baby son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor in Cape Town, South Africa Credit: Samir Hussein
The couple's lawyer, Michael Kump, said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are filing this lawsuit to protect their young son's right to privacy in their home without intrusion by photographers, and to uncover and stop those who seek to profit from these illegal actions."
Yet if the couple did not collaborate with the authors of Finding Freedom - when can we expect to hear word of their legal action against a book which similarly invades their privacy for financial gain?
The couple have long griped about the use of anonymous sources - yet their lack of protest appears to suggest that they don’t actually mind unnamed friends having a quiet word with select hacks, provided they have got something positive to say.
Furthermore, the couple currently appear equally untroubled by their associates knowingly cooperating with a book which has been published by Rupert Murdoch owned Harper Collins - and his News Corp stable of newspapers, which also includes the Sun, a tabloid they have previously described as “invasive”.
Nor do they seem to mind that Mr Scobie - the Sussexes’ self-styled cheerleader who appears to have earned the trust of their nearest and dearest - once worked for US Weekly, where he regularly churned out precisely the sort of paparazzi-illustrated celebrity skuttlebutt they are constantly railing against.
Isn’t there something a little incongruous about this hagiography being written by an ex-tabloid reporter who once made his living flogging showbiz stories?
As we have learned over the course of the past seven months, however, as they have repeatedly recoiled at perfectly justified accusations of hypocrisy, this is a couple who not only expects to have their cake and eat it, but with cream and a cherry on top.
If these paradoxes were not bothersome enough, even the title Finding Freedom appears a contradiction. For being holed up in someone else’s Beverly Hills mansion, hiding from drones and helicopters, while laying bare your deepest and darkest emotions in an unprecedented court case against the Mail on Sunday is precisely no one’s idea of a liberating experience. To think they were largely left alone by the paps in Windsor!

The duke and duchess left a Firm they claim failed to understand or appreciate them, only to end up trapped in a Covid-induced limbo filled with endless chatter about the family they left behind. And to make matters worse, they don’t even have use of their Royal titles.

Perhaps simply being with Archie is enough.

Yet as the general public is once again invited to watch the Royals air their dirty linen in public, many would be forgiven for thinking that it is the rest of the monarchy that have found their freedom from Harry and Meghan, not the other way round.

For while the Sussexes continue to moan about their perceived mistreatment at the hands of the palace’s so-called men in grey suits, grumbling that no-one understood their true “worth”, coronavirus has reminded the world of the value of Royals who are prepared to put duty above personal ambition.

Royals like the Queen, who are so devoid of ego, they take time out of self isolation at the age of 94 to sooth a nation facing an unprecedented crisis with the words: “We’ll meet again”.

Or Royals like the Duke of Edinburgh, who at 99 has not once complained about having to “take a backseat” and instead devoted himself to public service despite a lifetime playing second fiddle to his wife.

Or Royals like Princess Alexandra, and the Countess of Wessex, who are content to keep on carrying out official engagements even when there are no reporters or photographers present to splash the news across the front pages.

We knew there would be fireworks when Finding Freedom was serialised, but what we ended up with was a damp squib of a book that only serves to remind the public that Royals who fly too close to the sun quickly lose their sparkle.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Prince Harry and Meghan's lack of protest to 'Finding Freedom' suggests they don’t mind hacks, provided they come out well
Readers of Finding Freedom could be forgiven for thinking it is the rest of the monarchy that have found their freedom from Harry and Meghan
By Camilla Tominey, Associate Editor25 July 2020 • 4:55pm
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at Canada House on January 07, 2020

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at Canada House on January 07, 2020 Credit: Samir Hussein/Getty
Arguably the best royal book ever written is Andrew Morton’s biography ofDiana, the late Princess of Wales.
Straight from the horse’s mouth and full of previously unreported gems - Diana, Her True Story will forever go down in history as one of the most explosive and revealing royal exposés in recent memory.
Finding Freedom had originally been billed as a similarly seminal tell-all tome. Said to have been written with the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes’ cooperation - a claim the couple denied on Friday - the book chronicling Megxit was likened to Morton’s bestseller when it was serialised by the Times and Sunday Times this weekend.
However, as Morton himself eloquently put it when he contacted the Sunday Telegraph last night: “Diana, Her True Story this aint.”
Less tell-all, and more “tell-again”, royal watchers have been left feeling considerably short-changed to read so-called insights which have been long reported by the mainstream media the Sussexes have grown to despise.
How ironic that a book purporting to document the couple’s side of the story - apparently in the face of a “vendetta” by the press - should only serve to confirm what us pesky royal correspondents have been accurately reporting all along.
Some of the quotes attributed to Meghan, including: “I gave up my entire life for this family”, appear to have been uttered during a hitherto off-the-record moment with chosen journalists including one of the book's authors, Omid Scobie.
By their very nature, off-the-record briefings with members of the royal press pack are meant to remain private.
How curious that in this particular case, Meghan has seemingly agreed to let this intrusion into her innermost thoughts slide.
Only on Thursday, the couple fired yet another salvo at the media by launching legal action in the US after drones were allegedly used to take pictures of their one-year-old son Archie, where they are currently based in Los Angeles, California.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with their baby son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor in Cape Town, South Africa Credit: Samir Hussein
The couple's lawyer, Michael Kump, said: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are filing this lawsuit to protect their young son's right to privacy in their home without intrusion by photographers, and to uncover and stop those who seek to profit from these illegal actions."
Yet if the couple did not collaborate with the authors of Finding Freedom - when can we expect to hear word of their legal action against a book which similarly invades their privacy for financial gain?
The couple have long griped about the use of anonymous sources - yet their lack of protest appears to suggest that they don’t actually mind unnamed friends having a quiet word with select hacks, provided they have got something positive to say.
Furthermore, the couple currently appear equally untroubled by their associates knowingly cooperating with a book which has been published by Rupert Murdoch owned Harper Collins - and his News Corp stable of newspapers, which also includes the Sun, a tabloid they have previously described as “invasive”.
Nor do they seem to mind that Mr Scobie - the Sussexes’ self-styled cheerleader who appears to have earned the trust of their nearest and dearest - once worked for US Weekly, where he regularly churned out precisely the sort of paparazzi-illustrated celebrity skuttlebutt they are constantly railing against.
Isn’t there something a little incongruous about this hagiography being written by an ex-tabloid reporter who once made his living flogging showbiz stories?
As we have learned over the course of the past seven months, however, as they have repeatedly recoiled at perfectly justified accusations of hypocrisy, this is a couple who not only expects to have their cake and eat it, but with cream and a cherry on top.
If these paradoxes were not bothersome enough, even the title Finding Freedom appears a contradiction. For being holed up in someone else’s Beverly Hills mansion, hiding from drones and helicopters, while laying bare your deepest and darkest emotions in an unprecedented court case against the Mail on Sunday is precisely no one’s idea of a liberating experience. To think they were largely left alone by the paps in Windsor!

The duke and duchess left a Firm they claim failed to understand or appreciate them, only to end up trapped in a Covid-induced limbo filled with endless chatter about the family they left behind. And to make matters worse, they don’t even have use of their Royal titles.

Perhaps simply being with Archie is enough.

Yet as the general public is once again invited to watch the Royals air their dirty linen in public, many would be forgiven for thinking that it is the rest of the monarchy that have found their freedom from Harry and Meghan, not the other way round.

For while the Sussexes continue to moan about their perceived mistreatment at the hands of the palace’s so-called men in grey suits, grumbling that no-one understood their true “worth”, coronavirus has reminded the world of the value of Royals who are prepared to put duty above personal ambition.

Royals like the Queen, who are so devoid of ego, they take time out of self isolation at the age of 94 to sooth a nation facing an unprecedented crisis with the words: “We’ll meet again”.

Or Royals like the Duke of Edinburgh, who at 99 has not once complained about having to “take a backseat” and instead devoted himself to public service despite a lifetime playing second fiddle to his wife.

Or Royals like Princess Alexandra, and the Countess of Wessex, who are content to keep on carrying out official engagements even when there are no reporters or photographers present to splash the news across the front pages.

We knew there would be fireworks when Finding Freedom was serialised, but what we ended up with was a damp squib of a book that only serves to remind the public that Royals who fly too close to the sun quickly lose their sparkle.
@Norbs, thank you for sharing that, worth reading, & not that different from the thoughts of many, “all is well as long as they control the narrative”

except they have quite a dodgy view if they think this is working for them!

Reactions: 20
@Norbs, thank you for sharing that, worth reading, & not that different from the thoughts of many, “all is well as long as they control the narrative”

except they have quite a dodgy view if they think this is working for them!
I particularly like the last few paras, where she talks of the lack of ego and sense of duty of other members of the RF.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Attachments

Reactions: 14
I've taken the liberty of creating a new thread - hope I've done it right!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've taken the liberty of creating a new thread - hope I've done it right!
Don’t forget to ‘Report’ this one and ask them to close it.

Reactions: 8
I can't see anything 😒
Ok, found it again on the harkles ig account for those that use ig. It is the post just before the famous umbrella photo. It has text subtitles so that you can tell what is being said. Someone has trimmed and cropped the video.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.