Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

toninottony

VIP Member
@VioletButterfly

great post and I made one earlier slating American media attitudes to our Royal Family a and how Fucking hypocritical they are obviously it was not a criticism of Murican people.

This Colbert is a nasty cun t and his digs at us are offensive, we love our Country as you love yours and these people are pissing me right off.

I don't know what their agenda is but it is very wrong to kick at someone who is in shock and if his vicious yardstick is that Cunt then he is as bad as he is.

Media mud slinging morons!!
Colbert isn’t actually American as in USA he’s Canadian

• Wow
Reactions: 12

toninottony

VIP Member
For days and days we couldn’t stop hugging the children, couldn’t let them out of our sight—though I also couldn’t stop picturing them with Granny. The final visit. Archie making deep, chivalrous bows, his baby sister Lilibet cuddling the monarch’s shins.
Sweetest children, Granny said, sounding bemused. S
he’d expected them to be a bit more…American, I think? Meaning, in her mind, more rambunctious.
Now, while overjoyed to be home again, doing drop-offs again, reading Giraffes Can’t Dance again, I couldn’t stop…remembering.
Day and night, images flitted through my mind. Standing before her during my passing-out parade, shoulders thrown back, catching her half smile. Stationed beside her on the balcony, saying something that caught her off guard and made her, despite the solemnity of the occasion, laugh out loud. Leaning into her ear, so many times, smelling her perfume as I whispered a joke.
Kissing both cheeks at one public event, just recently, placing a hand lightly on her shoulder, feeling how frail she was becoming.
Making a silly video for the first Invictus Games, discovering that she was a natural comedienne.
People around the world howled, and said they’d never suspected she possessed such a wicked sense of humor—but she did, she always did!
That was one of our little secrets.
In fact, in every photo of us, whenever we’re exchanging a glance, making solid eye contact, it’s clear: We had secrets. Special relationship, that’s what they said about us, and now I couldn’t stop thinking about the specialness that would no longer be.
The visits that wouldn’t take place.
Ah well, I told myself, that’s just the deal, isn’t it?
That’s life.
Still, as with so many partings, I just wished there’d been…one more goodbye.
Soon after our return, a hummingbird got into the house. I had a devil of a time guiding it out, and the thought occurred that maybe we should start shutting the doors, despite those heavenly ocean breezes.
Then a mate said: Could be a sign, you know?
Some cultures see hummingbirds as spirits, he said. Visitors, as it were. Aztecs thought them reincarnated warriors. Spanish explorers called them “resurrection birds.”
You don’t say? I did some reading and learned that not only are hummingbirds visitors, they’re voyagers.
The lightest birds on the planet, and the fastest, they travel vast distances—from Mexican winter homes to Alaskan nesting grounds.
Whenever you see a hummingbird, what you’re actually seeing is a tiny, glittering Odysseus.
So, naturally, when this hummingbird arrived, and swooped around our kitchen, and flitted through the sacred airspace we call Lili Land, where we’ve set the baby’s playpen with all her toys and stuffed animals, I thought hopefully, greedily, foolishly:
Is our house a detour—or a destination?
For half a second I was tempted to let the hummingbird be. Let it stay.
But no.
Gently I used Archie’s fishing net to scoop it from the ceiling, carry it outside.
Its legs felt like eyelashes, its wings like flower petals.
With cupped palms I set the hummingbird gently on a wall in the sun.
Goodbye, my friend.
But it just lay there.
Motionless.
No, I thought.
No, not that. Come on, come on.
You’re free. Fly away.
And then, against all odds, and all expectations, that wonderful, magical little creature bestirred itself, and did just that.

Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex.
What 4 year old has a fishing net?

• Haha

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
just wondering if any one has had an epidural while giving birth? its just that I had one many years ago and despite my baby being born just before 8pm I couldn't move my legs at 6 the next morning, now I realise that medical science will have come on over the years but I just find it strange the the Ho had an epidural while giving birth to Archie then manage to be home a couple of hours later!
I had a spinal at about 2pm and a c-section. I definitely couldn't feel my legs for a good few hours but can't remember exactly how long as it's a long time ago.

I also had two inductions and I was overdue both times. I did progress quickly after the induction and was told I have quick labours. However, even if I was allowed I would not have wanted to go home 2 hrs after giving birth and having had an epidural. She was probably accompanied by private Drs/Nurses/Midwives no doubt.

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
I think I’ve rolled my eyes so hard the last few days they’ve popped out the back of my head. It’s the amount of little lies that are easily debunked. Over the next few days I hope the daily Mail start just listing them in bullet points like his dirge
Xbox as present before it was out
Actually skiing when Queen mother passed
TK maxx no sales
The whole foods incident when it was Meg strutting by media offices
The ‘snipers at wedding cos of threats’. Ffs there’s always snipers. Me & my partner go to the cenotaph most years. Whilst he marches past I have to stay at horse guards. Up on the roof there’s snipers. Why does he think him
and FannyAnne are so special?
The airplane tickets
The security pulling etc etc
I actually can’t wait for Samantha & Thomas to do their tv series. Their side. Sure it was on GB news where Thomas said was a series in the works.
It’s a very long time since I said FannyAnnie, that made me laugh, thank you

Reactions: 11

Cakeyface

Chatty Member
The pinned post about Harry raping and beating a women, that was on Smoke and Mirrors, has gone. Do we think that was all bull and just gossip or that it's had to be removed? 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 11