Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JAR21

VIP Member
I thought, don't quote me, is that Charles would move up to be the Monarch (of course) and PW would move into the Prince of Wales position as its always the Monarch and the heir that are the top two.
I don't think (don't quote me) that counts towards the final count of 24 or 25 which ever it is.
If Prince Phillip had one then at some point (PW becomes Monarch) then Catherine will mostly likely be part of the 24/25.
What I'm trying to understand is whether Charles starts a new 24, or whether he has to keep whoever is left of the Queen's 24, until they die? Did the Queen get whoever was left of her Dad's 24? I might have a google.

Reactions: 10

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I think I remember that some Tattlers were put off this thread a while ago by the amount of PA pages of posts and other RF posts.
Sadly we lost Baguette, she seemed to be in the know where Smeg was concerned and had legal knowledge also. I think she is a cat now with an expensive tiara.

I didn't like the pages and pages of PA/RF posts either in the thread, although now because of the way the gruesomes have gone on Orca and the other things they have done to the RF they are entwined.

The PW and Rose affair seems to be on twatter or whatever every 5 minutes now. It's just ridiculous.
Are you sure that Baguette is Cat? Where did you hear that?
I was looking at her Tumblr page earlier!

• Wow

Mrsoh

VIP Member
Did someone post that if it shows $50k, then that means they've pocketed $950k, as only 5% has to go to charity?
I don't know Jar, it confuses me, the same goes for things like that here in England 😂

Ada James

What I'm trying to understand is whether Charles starts a new 24, or whether he has to keep whoever is left of the Queen's 24, until they die? Did the Queen get whoever was left of her Dad's 24? I might have a google.
Oh good idea, please share what the result is. I think I read once you have Order of the Garter it's yours for the rest of your life. But who knows where and when I read that.

freda19

VIP Member
Some news links.

So, if this is accurate, they might have to actually name Scooby as an official "source" in future.. :ROFLMAO:

And Valentine Low on Kate.

And claims in the media that PA may lose his titles.

Neither link is coming up for me Chip.:(

Reactions: 9

recollectionsmayvary

I don't doubt the recipient retains it.

What I want to know is if there are 20 living Knights and Ladies when HMTQ dies, does Charles start at 20, or does he start at 0 and appoint his own 24?
@JAR21 It's a clusterfuck of info out there; I'm having a hard time finding an answer. Apparently the honour is returned upon death of the recipient but not much mentioned about the sovereign's death. One thing noted was the order had never gone to one that had married into the BRF until Camilla. Is the Tony Blair nom just a shit attempt at a smokescreen? Members of the (immediate) BRF aren't included in the 24 knights. You'd think after HMTQ's passing there will certainly be a few vacancies to fill & a bit of a reshuffle.

• Sick

RomanHoliday

Dear are you a Megan sugar? If that is the case. Go look for like minded people. You want find it here!
you can dislike Meghan whilst also being critical
Of the RF. it is possible.

I think they are all heinious people, Meghan is probably just the least subtle

• Wow

JAR21

VIP Member
He keeps who is in.

Then empty "spaces" get filled as members die.
Although they don't always have the full 24 spaces occupied.

I think there are currently 20 or 21 knights companions - Prince Philip was 21 or 22.
So if Blair does get the Honour there is still space for a couple.

But Charles must keep who is in.

And as I said he could create a new Order of Honourees if he wanted to "reward" his own choices - but I doubt he'd do it.
I can't find anything which confirms it one way or the other, but I suspect you're right.

FYI Phil didn't count towards the 24. All Royals, British or foreign, are extra.

Reactions: 8

Leascarle

VIP Member
It wouldn’t shock me, not uncommon and Kate would have known that, I don’t strongly dislike William but my detest for twatty ginger doesn’t automatically make him a saint, they all have their faults. It’s not a case of picking a side and automatically seeing nothing but good in the other “side”
That’s what the Megflix fan base do.
Fair point I stand corrected, always thought this thread was beyond my brain power this confirms it

• Wow
Reactions: 7

RomanHoliday

I really don't understand why people believe the Rose/Wills affair crap The guy who started the rumour has admitted it wasn't true. Rose and her family are still friendly with C&W. So people picked it up and ran with it. There's no evidence to indicate it's anything more than a vicious rumour. Not one person has come forward to corroborate the story and again, the person who started the rumour now admits it wasn't true.

There's nothing whatsoever to back up this rumour and there's evidence to indicate that it's bollox.

Maybe Wills has had an affair, who knows, he's as fallible as everyone else, but I'm certain he didn't have one with Rose.
because it wasn’t just one person or one source. It wasn’t just Giles Coren.

Most recently Alex Tiffin spoke out about an alleged super injunction imposed on any reporting of an affair. He alleged there is evidence of it. He states he’s a resident in Scotland and thus high court injunctions in England, aren’t applicable to him.

we don’t have direct evidence of stuff like the tea throwing at admiralty house by MM, but I believe that it’s probably true based on the fact that 1. It seems consistent with her behaviour elsewhere (spiteful , entitled etc) and 2. Enough rumours and references to it have popped up in enough different places to lend it some credibility.

likewise, I believe the stuff about Wills is probably true. I’m not ever likely to know for certain so that’s my take on it.

• Angry

Amelia99

VIP Member
How do they do that? They can hardly kill him off!

I can see them (the Harkles) attacking Rose for mocking MM, but why drag William into it?
Apologies if I’ve missed this info on the thread but what did Rose say or do to mock MM?

RomanHoliday

I understood it to have originated in a trashy magazine known for making up stories, can't remember the name of it but one of our other fabulous tattlers may do. this was then repeated by the plonker Giles Coren who later admitted that it was all a joke. A media blackout certainly isn't proof of an affair, it could well have been William being protective over his wife just like my husband would be over me.
no, but if there was an affair the public wouldn’t be told about it and it would definitely be hidden from us.

Reactions: 6

Reader's digest

VIP Member
Really? If you put aside the fact that they bring in a lot of money through tourism, the Crown Estate is a massive source of funds for the public. The Crown Estate signs over all the profits to the government, in 2020 that was almost 300 million. The government then gives the Royals 15-25% back to pay for repairs to palaces, the Queen's and other Royals sovereign grants, and to pay for their staff and travel. When you consider that 75-85% of Crown Estate's profits go back to the public, that is astounding. The Crown Estate makes money from investments, renting sea beds to wind farms, etc. If the Royal family was disbanded, they would probably keep the two Duchy estates (Lancashire and Cornwall) and the government would then probably sell off the rest to businesses, so it would become private and we would only get what those businesses pay in taxes, which would be a lot less.
Question is why "the crown" has estates at all.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4