Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
To be honest I'm sick to death about being lectured about the planet.
They can all fuck off and get on with it.
What the hell am I supposed to do? There's so many misguided cranks around, too many shouty over emotional teenagers and too much ill thought out reactions from politicians.

I'll applaud when someone invents a sustainable non polluting fuel that is cheap to produce and available for everyone (not electricity running everything). The main reason for my hope that will happen is because then we will be free of tyranny from the oil producers in the middle East and the Russians.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

kev1974

VIP Member
Well this is the trouble with ramming yourself into the public eye under the banner of things like "ethical" ... you're then under immense scrutiny to see if you practice what you preach. And here we are again, Ginge and Cringe in bed with the social media giants they claim to dislike.

Honestly everything their sticky paws touch, just wait a day or two and find they've Markled themselves yet again and it's turned to :poop: :poop: :poop:

Insert obligatory Walter Scott / Tangled Web quote here ... again ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Innocent Hamster

Chatty Member
I just copied this article from Tumblr. Have to say that I agree :
Prince Harry and his wife, actress Meghan Markle, have been praised for their frank conversations about their mental health struggles, but to equate normal distress with mental illness is not only wrong but also morally irresponsible” says Dublin based Consultant psychiatrist Prof. Patricia Casey.
An expert in her field for decades, she believes that the much-needed de-stigmatisation of mental illness and mental health has led to the ‘pathologisation’ of common emotions like anxiety and sadness.

“The attention mental health receives in the media nowadays thanks to celebrities and others open to discussing their issues is very different from the previous reticent attitude the general public held.”

But the de-stigmatisation of mental health is a ‘double-edged sword’ that may be causing more harm than good, she says.
She explains how the new-age ‘confessional approach’ to openly discussing ‘traumas’ and ‘interpersonal problems’ may not be helpful to the sufferer at all.
Inviting strangers to comment and form opinions on your experiences on a public platform is, at the end of the day, ‘detrimental’ to one’s mental health’ as it interferes with your own processing and coping strategies.

During the pandemic, Prof. Casey spent much of her time putting the finishing touches to her latest book Fears, Phobias & Fantasies: Understanding mental illness and mental health (Currach Books).

A handy guidebook for those struggling to manage their mental health, it is aimed for those who either suffer from mental health problems or who are caring for somebody who does.

“Distress or low-level anxiety is a normal response of the body to stress-inducing situations like taking exams or running late for an important meeting.

“But that does not mean you are suffering of an anxiety disorder and need to see a psychiatrist for a drug prescription to manage your health.

“Sadness, grief, anxiety these are natural responses and it is only when they are prolonged or interfering with daily life that one should seek professional help.”

“Has the Covid-19 debacle had an adverse effect on the mental health of us all? Perhaps, maybe.

“But is general sadness to be self-diagnosed as depression? Absolutely not.”
Prof. Patricia Casey is a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Hermitage Medical Clinic, Dublin and Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at UCD.

She was also a former consultant at the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin.

She has authored 13 academic books and published numerous scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals. She is a columnist with the Irish Indep
endent.
I was talking about this the other day with my house elf other half - it really boils my piss when I hear people claiming they suffer from 'anxiety' when really they're just a bit nervous about something.

It's the same as people who claim to be 'a bit ocd' when they like things tidy. No love, you're not ocd, you just like things neat and tidy. Being ocd means flicking light switches 16 times, or closing doors 5 times, not keeping your knicker drawer neat.

*end of rant*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

estellastheme

Chatty Member
Obviously their due diligence re Ethic was distinctly underwhelming. Will they EVER learn?? (no, dont bother answering, we all know...)
Their due diligence was probably going "ooooh the company is named Ethic and has dogs named as employees! They want everyone to brand what sustainability means to them".

1.) It's a fintech start-up that only closed it's Series B in March of this year 2.) It was founded by former Deutsche Bank employees - you know the bank that only 4 years ago was fined for allowing major global money laundering and embezzlement. In 2018 had an outside auditor installed and only a few months ago Germany's BaFin ordered DB to install more safegaurds against money laundering. (I know it's not all employees from DB but I wouldn't necessarily want being a former DB employee as my PR push for an "ethical sustainable" asset management firm which the press has used.) 3.) The founders already have a failed fintech firm called Simplifund from 2015; it looks like they rolled it into Ethic Inc as a phoenix from the ashes 4.) One of Ethic's biggest backers is a hedge fund co-founded and managed by the Governor of Connecticut's wife, which is at best a massive conflict of interest as Ethic and Oak HC have been investing in multiple covid19 pharmaceuticals. Another one of Oak's startups received a no bid contract from Connecticut last year for statewide testing sites. Shady AF.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

giraffetower

Superhero role? 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂

She already had the biggest role in her career. Yet refused to follow the script.

Is anyone going to want to direct her in a film? A woman who showed to the world that she thought she knew better than an actual QUEEN? Who refused direction and guidance from experienced Palace staff? Who has a reputation for being demanding and a bully?

She is quoted as saying she was going to update and modernize our monarchy. (despite no-one asking her or wanting her to do that) She has proved herself someone who willfully ignores protocol - even to the point of physically shoving a Prince out of the way.

Which film director is going to take that attitude on? Ever? Even if she were extremely talented. (Which it seems she isn't.)

Not. a. chance. You can manifest your dreams all you like, luv, but this time the universe ( and the casting agents, directors and producers at Marvel Cinematic Universe) ain't listening!

My opinions only. Other personal lived truths may vary.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Wasn't there some interview or remark made by him a few years ago when he moaned that he only had a few more years of people being interested in him before they were more interested in William's kids.
The sad thing is that William was probably hoping for Hazno's support when he eventually becomes King. Just as the Queen has the support of her children doing duties as working royals at the moment. After Charles has gone his siblings may all be too old to carry on.
Hazno could have had a significant role supporting William which he has thrown away in a fit of jealousy. The man is a complete idiot.

• Sad
  • Sick

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
I don’t think they were fired outright. I think they were told to take some time off to decide if they wanted to continue as working royals, and then given a set of rules that they would have to follow if they did return. That is when they had their joint tantrum and flounced off. I think the family held onto patronages, etc, in case they came to their senses (hence the one year review) They knew that Harry had never been on his own and would flounder and wanted to give him an out.

They were offered a chance to “ease into” royal duties like W&C were but turned that down. They were going to be the most royal royals who ever royaled.

This garbage leak about how they didn’t see the final cut and had no say over the Oprah interview is all about damage control. As someone said about reality Tv (paraphrasing) “They can’t give you the as*hole edit unless you act like an as*hole”

Also, how refreshing is it to see couples like W&C and C&C able to do events together without clutching onto one another. You know, acting like mature professionals.

• Heart

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Just watching the Cardiff senedd opening. The Queen looks radiant today, and Camilla looks amazing in her beautiful red coat. THAT'S HOW TO WEAR RED SMEGS. I am so pleased that Charles and Camilla are accompanying the Queen today. Family uniting together supporting a frail old lady who continues to carry out important duties in her realm. 🥰

• Heart

Beige Mama

Chatty Member
I just saw Wills criticising the rich white dudes space race aka pissing contest.

Shall we now all assume Haz and the Harpy are getting the space suits ready now out of spite? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Delighted to see Smeg being ridiculed in last month’s Fortean Times. I’m just reading an article about Burma and it opens with this fab sentence:

“surely Burma’s greatest gift to the world is the term ‘white elephant’, meaning something that is of little use to man nor beast, yet still ruinously difficult and costly to maintain, a bit like Meghan Markle’.

It must be quite disheartening to spend all that money on PR and still be an object of derision everywhere. Oh dear. Sad.

• Haha
  • Heart

SamBamford

According the Luca on Twitter yesterday, he says the Harlem schoolchildren were encouraged to bring $5 each to give to the foundation. Their foundation where they get to keep 95% of the proceeds. So far no-one has said otherwise.

Those clips of her 'acting' are dire. She's that bad I could cringe for her, if I cared, which I don't.

• Wow
  • Angry

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
Yup I'm with you. I do have a car but since lockdown it's mainly used just to go to the supermarket occasionally. I haven't been on a holiday abroad in years. Mainly I'm sitting at home working.

All this crap aimed at people like us is irritating when the real problem is coming from places like China.
I know ‘every little helps’ but not when it comes to climate change. I recycle to within an inch of my life, try to walk wherever possible, keep my clothes and furniture for years, put on a cardi if I’m cold. I am never going to help the planet. The ones who could do something are making too much money to care. The world is stuffed.

• Sad
  • Sick

JAR21

VIP Member
A few screenshots from Insta

6CC46D51-9EF5-4A4E-9ED0-E4F7B28663B1.jpeg

1823D1D4-BBE6-40BB-8F00-820637ABD662.jpeg

3034E7ED-B5FA-47B9-909C-BEB688F29A8A.jpeg

This is the guy who said his wife was away during the ‘birth’ of Aldi

Last edited:
  • Wow

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
Travelarse :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Me too. I don't own a car and I haven't been on a plane in over 12 years (and then it was for work). I'm on disability benefits so can't afford to buy anything other than food and heating. Any clothes I get are second hand. There isn't one single big mouthed activist causing as little damage to the environment as I am. So they can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
I suspect most of us have a smaller carbon footprint than most of the bigmouth activists. Even the delightful :rolleyes: Greta jets around to lecture us all.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48

YeltsinsTank

VIP Member

Captain Cunt anyone?
Superpower: can absorb and trap a person in her kneecaps!
If she would take on a more minor role as a secondary character and work her way into the forefront, she could endear herself to people. People were absolutely sick of Robert Downey Jr's antics when he started to make a comeback and got the Iron Man role. Now he walks on water. But she would have to start small, and she just can't do it. She always does this. She goes in demanding this huge thing that everyone knows won't work, but she would have gotten the little thing if she'd asked for that instead, and could have worked her way up to the big thing. And now she's not going to get anything and everyone's just looking at her like she's crazy, and then she's off for the 847th time to the garden to do another primal scream.

H&M are like this font of perpetual dumbassery. Even a mouse in a maze eventually learns where to go to get the cheese. WTF is wrong with them?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
According the Luca on Twitter yesterday, he says the Harlem schoolchildren were encouraged to bring $5 each to give to the foundation. Their foundation where they get to keep 95% of the proceeds. So far no-one has said otherwise.

Those clips of her 'acting' are dire. She's that bad I could cringe for her, if I cared, which I don't.
If true that’s despicable. Taking money off the poorest of the poor…

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 47