Happy Valley #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i found their kitchen argument quite funny at points and actually quite realistic. Rather than them beating the crap out of each other which isn’t really that realistic.

Reactions: 35
So we didn't get the fire or anyone absconding on a bike!

Reactions: 1
Although all the acting has been great, have to say Ryan has been outstanding. Child actors rarely hold their own amongst such standout acting royalty

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So when the director was on Shrine Pod this week. He said he was working on something big but has signed a NDA. He said he hopes that podcast about it. One of them tried to get him to answer if it's about a show they've already spoken about. He wouldn't confirm. We know LOD is coming back so not that. Makes me wonder if there will be a HV spin off

Reactions: 6
I actually think it would be really good to have a prequel… Becky’s story

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Someone just pointed out on twitter that the first scene in season 1 in Catherine trying to persuade a guy not to set fire to himself.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Eh? Have you watched the last 2 episodes?
Yes, I saw Tommy escaping from the Court, but that photo had a big fire and a bike in the foreground, like it might all relate to the last episode!

I don't see why HV couldn't come back , new cast and new stories. Writing and casting would need to be as good as the first three but I think it's possible

Reactions: 7
I do think Tommy loved Ryan and I liked that he acknowledged what a good life Catherine had given him. But I’ve always wondered what made Becky go off the rails so to speak. How did she get mixed up with him? I would have liked that explained.
I liked this too. It was nice to see him have a bit of depth without being redeemed. It would’ve been a bit cartoonish otherwise. There were so many subtle nods to childhood dysfunction that were nice imo like his recognition that Ryan had what he didn’t, and even silly things like how he conducted himself like an child in the showdown with Catherine, and ofc how Ryan turned out normal and he absolutely did not

I think Becky got involved just being a bit of a rebellious teenager. TLR wouldn’t have been much older than her so it’s feasible that when she went to dodgy house parties and hung around with dodgy mates she’d bump into him at some point.

Reactions: 14
I will say though, as much as people were hoping Ann and Daniel would have a baby, Daniel DOES have a daughter that was just never mentioned again by any of the Cawoods this series.

Even just a wee throwaway line about having 'a room for Daisy' in their new house or having her round (or even a line from Richard) would made it less of a 'forgotten plot' gripe. Unless we're to assume he just never sees her after the breakup (which is pretty tit of him) 😅 Entirely minor detail but I've been like "Man, duck Daniel" for most the series 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't see why HV couldn't come back , new cast and new stories. Writing and casting would need to be as good as the first three but I think it's possible
I wonder if we'll get the alternative endings they filmed at any point?

I really want a wrap up with Nev and Catherine going on a date or heading off to the Himalayas in her Land Rover.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.