Happy Valley #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was really satisfied with that ending. Very hard to please everyone but it was about Catherine and TLR primarily and he did have some kind of remorse. If he’d have lived and gone back to prison then it wouldn’t have felt like it ended.

They somehow managed to wrap everything up in that episode, yes it could’ve been another episode or so to do it, but the result would have been the same - the bad guys got their comeuppance and Ryan did finally understand what his dad was like he, plus got Claire and Catherine to reconcile.

The ‘what’s gonna happen to those 2 little girls’ ‘they’ve got a grandmother’ line really got me 🥺 Such clever writing, which is why the show is so brilliant and why we’re all talking about it!

Now they just need another series of Line of Duty so I can feel more satisfied about that ending 😝

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Good interview and James' take on TLR.
You can tell how much love he has for the series and that obviously actors have many jobs and different roles but this one will always be the one that has meant the most to him ❤

Reactions: 9
I thought at the end, when she was at the gravestone they might have added 'Mum to Ryan' 🥺as it had Daughter and sister to Daniel.

Reactions: 26
That was brilliant. I was shouting at the TV by the time she finally activated her emergency button.
Amazing writing and superb acting. Far, far better than LOD woeful ending. This has been one of the best things on TV for years. I feel wired!

Reactions: 12
The acting was great and I enjoyed the kitchen scene but as I said it was just a bit jarring that the we had spent so much screentime following Joanna's murder and it was resolved so matter of factly. I just checked back and by comparison the A plot had finished with 30 minutes left in the series 2 finale. They obviously didn't want to compromise the TLR wrap up but I think they could have made it a 90 minute finale really.

If I was to be given the series outline to redraft I would have changed it to Anne already being an established detective (totally plausible, 7 years since she was a PCSO and she has a degree) investigating the Joanna murder and then soldiering on despite TLR being at large to solve the case, like Catherine does. Might have been a better arc for her character and tied things up a little more neatly.

Reactions: 7
I thought at the end, when she was at the gravestone they might have added 'Mum to Ryan' 🥺as it had Daughter and sister to Daniel.
Actually, I’ve never noticed this before. So if she died 6 weeks after he was born why didn’t they put mother?

Reactions: 8
I haven't read the whole James Norton interview yet, but this bit is amazing - the kitchen used in that scene wasn't the real one in the real house, but recreated in a studio so they could do the fire stunt

Reactions: 9
Did anyone notice the shots of Ryan's shirt being pulled out after his chat with Rob...are we saying Rob did something to him there ? They said he had indecent images.
Also Tommy....I cant help it, feel like I could have been the one to help him change his ways 🤣🤣. Anyone else ladies ?

Reactions: 3
Actually, I’ve never noticed this before. So if she died 6 weeks after he was born why didn’t they put mother?
Probably because the whole family rejected Ryan and Catherine was completely off the rails at the time. She most likely didn't get a say in it.

• Sad
I didn’t manage to watch the full episode. I am squeamish about on screen violence, so turned off when throats were getting slashed in the car.
I try to tell myself that TV show violence isn’t real, but I can’t stomach it.
I will watch again tomorrow evening and skip past the gory parts.

Reactions: 4
I was pleased with the ending. It went roughly as I expected with regards who lived and died.

OK the Faisal and Rob Hepworth storyline was a bit rushed towards the end, but let's face it, we all cared much more about Catherine and TLR anyway.

Was anyone a bit disappointed that the photo of C&C hugging at the car with the photo albums was shared on here earlier this week?

I know we speculated about a lot of stuff but that was an actual photo of a scene - or did it come from the trailer?

Reactions: 1
Did anyone notice the shots of Ryan's shirt being pulled out after his chat with Rob...are we saying Rob did something to him there ? They said he had indecent images.
Also Tommy....I cant help it, feel like I could have been the one to help him change his ways 🤣🤣. Anyone else ladies ?
I thought Rob was looking a little too closely at Ryan's bum as he walked away

Reactions: 31
I wonder at what point did TLR change his mind about "getting the police woman"... was it the photo albums?

Reactions: 7
I thought it was Ryan noticing Rob was looking at his arse? I think he wrote that in his Police statement which probably led to them finding the child images.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.