Hair washing...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sound disgusting but once a fortnight for me. When I was depressed and barely washed my hair at all, it grew like a beast and it went thick and in beautiful condition. I used to wash it every day or two before and it would stay at my shoulders and in terrible condition. I took note of this and try not to wash it often.

Reactions: 7
I sound disgusting but once a fortnight for me. When I was depressed and barely washed my hair at all, it grew like a beast and it went thick and in beautiful condition. I used to wash it every day or two before and it would stay at my shoulders and in terrible condition. I took note of this and try not to wash it often.
I would love to do this! How do you manage between washes?

Reactions: 1
I would love to do this! How do you manage between washes?
I try to avoid any unessersary styling products (concentrating on hair care instead), glam styles or wearing it down. If I do that's when I tend to wash my hair. On normal days (which most are to me since I'm a stay at home mum to a young toddler) I tend to just wear it in a top-knot bun and brush it through before I go to bed. Luckily my hair or scalp doesn't tend to get greasy. I don't bother with dry shampoo either, I found it was quite damaging to my hair, made it "dirtier", caused build up, breakage and a dry scalp. Even if you try it for 6 months, it's good for growing your hair at a quicker rate.

Reactions: 3
I try to avoid any unessersary styling products (concentrating on hair care instead), glam styles or wearing it down. If I do that's when I tend to wash my hair. On normal days (which most are to me since I'm a stay at home mum to a young toddler) I tend to just wear it in a top-knot bun and brush it through before I go to bed. Luckily my hair or scalp doesn't tend to get greasy. I don't bother with dry shampoo either, I found it was quite damaging to my hair, made it "dirtier", caused build up, breakage and a dry scalp. Even if you try it for 6 months, it's good for growing your hair at a quicker rate.
I do nothing to my hair besides wash it, put it in a low pony or a low bun so that’s fine in terms of styling. Brushing it would be the biggest issues cause my hair is naturally curl so when I brush it it just frizzes like a bath bomb😂 I’ll give it a go though!

Reactions: 2
I do nothing to my hair besides wash it, put it in a low pony or a low bun so that’s fine in terms of styling. Brushing it would be the biggest issues cause my hair is naturally curl so when I brush it it just frizzes like a bath bomb😂 I’ll give it a go though!
Mine does too 😆 I'm neither straight, nor curly, mine seems to be quite coarse and frizzes up when brushed. But it becomes quite knotty if I don't. Do what works for you, even teasing it out with your fingers instead.

I wash my once a week. I used to wash it every other day and then I had a bad bout of depression which meant washing in general was a massive effort so my hair got neglected.

In all honesty though my hair is so much better for it! And I am now back to daily washing of my body just to add! 🤣

Thin, long, straight hair, greasy, can’t be bothered to wash it more than three times a week so I just walk round looking like drowned rat sometimes or I double french braid it on day three and look like a prisoner.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I wash mine once a week, even then it’s not greasy o just feel I should wash it.

I have long thick curly hair, I rub oil into my scalp most days as it’s dry, the oil just soaks away so it must need it

Mine does too 😆 I'm neither straight, nor curly, mine seems to be quite coarse and frizzes up when brushed. But it becomes quite knotty if I don't. Do what works for you, even teasing it out with your fingers instead.
Argan oil no knots ever mine is waist length

Every 3 days (more frequently in summer/if I’ve been to the gym). I have really long, thick hair which is naturally wavy and takes ages to dry. I tend to let it air dry at least once a week (it does frizz a bit but I’m trying to avoid using too much heat on it) and I use paraben and silicone free products. I double shampoo then condition, and use hair masks every couple of weeks.

I wash it 5-6 times a week… I wish I didn’t need to, but I’m a very sweaty exerciser and I work out 5-6 days a week, so it has to be done otherwise it’s just disgusting.

I would love to wash it less often but I just feel dirty with sweaty exercise hair

About 3 times a week, sometimes less. I go through phases of washing it less and putting no heat on it (in the week) to try and protect it. I wear scrubs to work so I shove it up in a messy bun, but sometimes I catch myself in the mirror and think “Jesus Christ you look disgusting” and start washing, blow drying and straightening it 🙈 it takes so long.

I’m jealous of people who manage to do it every morning before work haha. I think your life must be so put together and organised and I bet you have lovely nails.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Every other day but I want to go longer because my scalp is itching so bad! I can see the dryness.
Anyone has any good tips for that? I bought a special shampoo for it. I dont have coloured hair.
...long, grey hair with blonde at ends...wash once a week...double shampoo and leave conditioner on 5-10 mins...good for itchy (and menopausal) scalp...use a little product before drying and straightening...lasts for a few days down then up the rest of the time...

Attachments

About every 5 days. I have fine hair, but tonnes of it. It’s a faff to wash and dry. And I think it looks at its best 2-3 days after washing when it gets some natural oils in it, it’s too coarse and fluffy when freshly dried.