Hair washing...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
3 times a week I would say. If I didn't go to the gym I could probably make it last longer, my forehead gets super sweaty and I don't have very thick hair.

Reactions: 1
2-3 times a week. I have very thick curly hair so it takes ages straightening it :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Every other day as my hormonal imbalance means I produce a lot of oil through my glands (so oily hair and skin). I'd love to wash it less but I just can't.

Reactions: 3
Twice a week, but because I use that touch-up spray on my roots, it does feel like it needs washing more often. Time to get the dye out again.

Once a week, sometimes twice depending on what’s going on that week, how many times am I in the gym, how greasy my hair is from putting it up and taking it down etc.
I can’t wash it anymore than that cause I have curly, coarse hair and i end up looking like a lion cause it dries out😂

I wash mine every other day, I have very fine hair that gets greasy really quickly. Can't stand dry shampoo as it makes my scalp itch. I wouldn't feel clean if I did it once a week. I wish I was lucky enough to have that option though.

After every workout or swim so usually 6 days a week … I use Olaplex which leaves my hair lovely and soft and my curls nice and smooth

Everyday for me- except Sunday usually. Philip Kingsley argues that you should treat the skin on your scalp as you do on the rest of your body- although not to the extent of washing it twice a day, etc.
I’ve spent a fortune on hair products over the years and find having several shampoos and conditioners to choose from depending how my hair feels on a particular day helpful. For instance on PMT days when it’s greasy I use something clarifying and a lighter conditioner, and alternate between colour protection and moisture on other days.
It works for me. 🤷‍♀️

Also (as I’ve mentioned before on a similar thread), apparently Olivia Palmero also washes her hair everyday and her hair is gorgeous…,unfortunately my hair isn’t quite like hers, but maybe, one day🤪!

91043F4B-E6C5-4C1D-A083-8045B0A027C6.jpeg

• Heart
Once a week. Twice if I have something on and it doesn't align with hair wash day 🤣

I last washed mine Thursday night and I have worn it down every day since with no dry shampoo needed except a little spritz on my fringe yesterday.

I have been known to wash just my fringe as that's the bit that gets greasy first. If I do that I can definitely eek a few more days out of it by tying it up like the picture.

Attachments

Used to be every other day but have cut back to twice a week in order to grow my hair and I have noticed it’s grown much faster but also it doesn’t get greasy as quickly. I never used to believe all the hair training stuff but it does actually seem to work.

I’m gross and do it about once a week.

Just adding that I do shower daily!- I told someone this once and they assumed I only showered once a week 😂
If I shower without washing my hair it goes greasy I’m really jealous!

I think it depends on your type of hair and scalp though. I know some people who have lovely hair who wash it daily. If I washed mine daily it’ll look like a birds nest on my head

3 times a week, occasionally 4 if I’m going out. I recently switched to olaplex shampoo & conditioner and it has made a massive difference. I could definitely just wash 2 times a week as it’s less oily since using olaplex.

Twice a week. I use non-silicone products too I found when I stopped using silicone products my hair naturally got in better condition! Took a while to get all the silicone out but once you do your hair defo lasts between the washes and is much better quality! My hairs long it would to go to my bra strap.

I wash it once a week and have it blow dried curly. When I’m washing it I do so 3 times and proper scrub (twice with normal shampoo and once with a silver shampoo, and every other week I’ll put a mask on for an hour or so) I pin it up in a bun for bed or when I’m exercising. By day 3 it is greasy like so I put dry shampoo in and blast the top of my hair with a hairdryer and it looks fine. I wfh and can’t be arsed with doing it for no one to see it.. by day 5 I tie it back in a bun with a middle part (think Kim kardashian) 🤣 but when I went to work I washed it twice, straightening it myself once and getting it blow dried the other

Usually every 2-3 days, just depends what I'm doing. Will wear it up if I've just washed it the day or two before and is looking a bit greasy but I can't be bothered doing it again. Sometimes I'll do it two or three days in a row if I'm doing something nice or have had a lot of product in it (or am hungover...feels so much better to have clean hair on a hangover!)

I've read a few things saying that in itself washing every day is okay, it's if you're then blow drying/heat styling every day that causes an issue. Am making more of an effort now to wash in an evening and then let it air dry to try and cut some of the heat out!

Reactions: 4
Once a week! I go to the gym most days but a decent dry shampoo and blow drying the sweat into your hair instead of leaving it to dry really works! (Aware of how gross that sounds btw!)
Also do an occasional fringe wash if I need to.
when I do wash I double shampoo! And use olaplex no3 mask.