Hair washing...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many times a week do you wash your hair?

I do mine every other night but wish I could go longer to keep the colour!

Reactions: 1
I’m gross and do it about once a week.

Just adding that I do shower daily!- I told someone this once and they assumed I only showered once a week 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Once a week - I’ve got very long and thick wavy/curly hair though. I do refresh it with water every couple of days and most of the time I keep it up or braided so off my face.

Reactions: 3
in the summer 3-4 times a week

Rest of the year usually 2 times a week

Reactions: 2
About twice a week. I read your not supposed to wash your hair a lot as it strips away the natural oils.

Reactions: 7

Just adding that I do shower daily!- I told someone this once and they assumed I only showered once a week 😂
Same curly girls know washing is not your friend! When I straighten its usually every 2/3 days..used to spend a fortune on dry shampoo til a friend said you can clap some baby powder between your hands and run it through-same effect. It really does work and so much cheaper!

Reactions: 5
Does your hair get greasy inbetween washes?!
It is a bit the day I wash but I wouldn’t say it’s horrific. I do have my hair up most days though. If I’m wearing my hair down I have to wash it more often

Reactions: 4
About once a week or sooner if I have a very sweaty workout. I don’t even brush it daily. I love washing my hair in the shower with Olaplex or Aveda Blue Malva, they smell lovely 👃🏻 but the after is such a faff because it’s thin, curly and there’s lots of it. I can’t be bothered styling when 1. The first bit of rain/wind and it’s poofy again 2. I’m not doing anything but going to the supermarket or walking the dog 🧢

Once a week unless I've got somewhere important to got to 😂. No clue about others hair but of it starts to get claggy and dirty feeling usually the next day its back to being non claggy like its cleaning itself or at least that's what I've convinced myself anyway.

I’ve been trying to reduce my hair washing.

I was a committed everyday washer, but my hair is quite fine and not as thick and bouncy as I’d like! I’ve been trying to wash every 3rd day but struggled. At the moment it’s every other day more or less.

I went to a wedding and didn’t wash my hair the day of, which was a first for me. I used to be obsessed with having clean hair for big events!

it does seem to not be as greasy as it used to be. Not sure if that’s because I’m reducing washing or it’s just dr shampoo working it’s magic or it’s just changed with age!

I do mine every morning. I know it's so bad for your hair to do it every day but I just feel so gross if I don't wash it in the morning! Half the time admittedly it doesn't even feel greasy but I still feel dirty without it done.

I do want to try and start going every other day but it's hard to break a habit!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Every other day - I try to time it for days that I need to go into the office/have somewhere to go.

Every 2 days, I used to wash it a lot less but ever since I’ve had my son my hair just gets super greasy quick

Same. Wash hair once a week but shower every single day. I have extensions though so no way I’m doing that chore more than once a week 😂

Whenever it gets greasy which is every other day now, otherwise I start to resemble Gomez from the Adams family. I used to be able to go 7-8 days when I was younger and never had any hair loss now I think the more I wash it the more I'm losing.

Reactions: 1
I do mine every morning. I know it's so bad for your hair to do it every day but I just feel so gross if I don't wash it in the morning! Half the time admittedly it doesn't even feel greasy but I still feel dirty without it done.

I do want to try and start going every other day but it's hard to break a habit!
I'm quite similar. I always have to wash my hair everyday otherwise I just feel weird. But I mostly do it in the evening so it's after I've been to the gym.

I've tried using dry shampoos but they just don't work well for me and my hair doesn't feel that clean.

Reactions: 7
Twice a week, once with just baby shampoo and the next with shampoo and conditioner. I used to be a every other day person but it was stripping the colour off of my roots quickly.