Hair washing...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
...long, grey hair with blonde at ends...wash once a week...double shampoo and leave conditioner on 5-10 mins...good for itchy (and menopausal) scalp...use a little product before drying and straightening...lasts for a few days down then up the rest of the time...
Thank you for taking the time and replying, ill have a look!

Reactions: 2
I'm a nurse and feel disgusting if I don't wash my hair after each shift. So my hair is fully washed 3-4 times a week minimum but I usually wash it every day through habit/autopilot. I have thick curly hair.

Reactions: 1
I wash mine once a week, twice max! I have naturally really curly hair and if I leave it to curl I have to wash it every day šŸ¤¢ hence why I straighten, I just cannot cope with refreshing. Any curlies feel free to send me your tips!

I wash mine once a week, twice max! I have naturally really curly hair and if I leave it to curl I have to wash it every day šŸ¤¢ hence why I straighten, I just cannot cope with refreshing. Any curlies feel free to send me your tips!
Me too! I have tried lots of hair products but my curls never really stay curly, they go all crinkly and knottyšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

Once a week, sometimes I can push to 8 days šŸ¤¢ Iā€™ve got thick hair thatā€™s curly from the root (although I always wear it straight) and lots of it, so washing it anymore than once a week is just not viable and actually no good for my hair anyway.

I used to envy people who could just ā€œwash and goā€, like shower in the morning, blow dry hair and go out the door ! I just canā€™t do that, takes me an hour to straighten or 45 min for my hairdresser to blow dry !

to clarify I have a bath every day šŸ¤£

Reactions: 2
Once maximum twice a week, my hair is horrible and flat after its been washed. I only like my hair on day two/three šŸ¤£ it has more body and just generally looks so much better IMO

I use Big shampoo by lush and I've found my hair never ever gets greasy using it, not sure if its because it has salt in it or what but i love it. If I run out and have to use a "normal" shampoo before I can get hold of it my hair is a minging greasy mess by day 2

Obvs I either shower or bath each day šŸ™ˆ

Once a week and I really hate having to do it. Iā€™ve got completely straight hair, itā€™s fine but lots of it. Itā€™s so dark it doesnā€™t look particularly greasy but it gets itchy when I push it too far.

I can get away with washing it once a week but my hair bugs me most of the time, so I tend to wash it every 4-5 days. My hair could go 9 days without getting greasy! Thatā€™s curly hair for ya

Once a week at the absolute max but I can go two weeks if I donā€™t brush it often and wear it up.
I can go two weeks and have even gone 7 weeks without it looking greasy.
When I did it more often, my hair would get greasy on top but dry and brittle ends. I have very long and thick hair. I started extending the time between washes from every other day to every third day and then four etc. I sometimes use dry shampoo to freshen it up and I use little heat on my hair. I only use a little frizz ease serum after each wash and no other product such as hair spray unless I am going out or something.