Hair looks greasy after using straighteners 😫

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Freshly washed hair and new straightness from Christmas this year but when I use them the front of my hair looks shiny/greasy.

any suggestions?

thanks

Reactions: 1
I would use a good clarifying shampoo to get rid of all the product build up and also give your straightener plates a good clean.

Reactions: 4
Do you use heat protection spray? My hair was like this for years, still is to a degree but in lockdown it’s become much better, I switched shampoos (I use a combo of the garnier hair food mask and Aussie shampoo) and stopped using my hair straighteners (and hairdryer where possible!)… if I do use my hair straighteners I mist my hair in heat protection spray, I find it’s become much less greasy and much thicker/better condition too!

Are you washing all the conditioner out? Heat applied on top of conditioner will make it mega greasy

Get rid of some product build-up in your hair by using a clarifying shampoo (be careful if you’re hair is coloured as it may strip the dye), give your straighteners a clean as well as your hair brushes.

A few others have said it but I think this could be the wrong products, particularly conditioner. Perhaps you're using too much or one that isn't compatible with your hair?

Is your hair fine? Mine is too & this can happen to me, just looks lank at the roots. I’ve found that rotating the straightener a little bit gives a little bit of lift at the root & helps with that. Also a decent dry shampoo ( depends on your budget, but I’ve found the Living Proof one is the best). Good luck x

My hair is thick and cut in a graduated bob. It’s only the front that looks greasy after straightening. I’ve tried loads of different shampoos even expensive ones.

My hair does the same. It’s super fine and literally any heat and it’s greasy and dull. I’ve yet to find the answer… just wanted to sympathise!

When this happens to me I clean my straighteners, use head and shoulders to really clean my hair before using my normal shampoo or add lemon juice to my shampoo to help remove the build up of products, give it a blast of dry shampoo and hope and pray to the hair gods to make my hair nice again!

What do you all use to clean your straighteners with?
Nail polish remover on a cotton pad, but i wouldn’t use it for a day.

Think ghd website recommendeds 2/3 hours though.

Definitely shouldn’t use water alone though.