Growing_our_tribe #2 Grecian and her eyebrows strike again!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is bleeping heartbreaking!! Riley doesn’t need a wheelchair because the free pram doesn’t fit in the car. That poor girl 🥲

Reactions: 2
I understand her legs get tired, but surely the specialized pram they got would be more comfortable? Can’t lay back in that chair

Unfortunately cerebral palsy will only cause her to deteriorate further as she gets older.

I don’t understand how anyone can reconcile their parenting decisions and lack of advocacy during infancy when their child ends up in a wheelchair

Reactions: 4
I cannot stand this woman but i feel a bit compelled to help educate.

Ambulant wheelchair users exist, and their use of wheelchairs are valid.
Around age 5+, the ndis does consider the fact that a stroller/pram is not “age appropriate” for children; in our experience our child was called a “baby” by peers at age 3.
The GMFCS scales for CP do articulate that children with a lower level of CP (1-2) do often utilise wheeled mobility for distances.
It also promotes autonomy and independence in the child, as well as being a form of exercise for them (as once they learn to self propel, it is cardiovascular activity). Autonomy factor for them being able to decide when they feel they need it, or when they want to use it. Cerebral palsy is a dynamic disability just like autism where some days they are more fatigued/affected than others.

I have to speak up for Riley here and on behalf of kids like her and my own child who need wheelchairs even though they can ambulate. My child cannot climb, run, and has only just mastered jumping (age 5). Kids in wheelchairs are a positive thing for their own independence, accessibility and safety 🥰

Let’s hope it’s for those reasons, and not for grecian to get her clicks and likes.

Would she have needed a wheelchair if Grecian didn’t ignore her needs for her content baby? Maybe not. But i just don’t want people to think the parents they see on the street haven’t done enough and our children still end up needing assistive technology.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I cannot stand this woman but i feel a bit compelled to help educate.

Ambulant wheelchair users exist, and their use of wheelchairs are valid.
Around age 5+, the ndis does consider the fact that a stroller/pram is not “age appropriate” for children; in our experience our child was called a “baby” by peers at age 3.
The GMFCS scales for CP do articulate that children with a lower level of CP (1-2) do often utilise wheeled mobility for distances.
It also promotes autonomy and independence in the child, as well as being a form of exercise for them (as once they learn to self propel, it is cardiovascular activity). Autonomy factor for them being able to decide when they feel they need it, or when they want to use it. Cerebral palsy is a dynamic disability just like autism where some days they are more fatigued/affected than others.

I have to speak up for Riley here and on behalf of kids like her and my own child who need wheelchairs even though they can ambulate. My child cannot climb, run, and has only just mastered jumping (age 5). Kids in wheelchairs are a positive thing for their own independence, accessibility and safety 🥰

Let’s hope it’s for those reasons, and not for grecian to get her clicks and likes.

Would she have needed a wheelchair if Grecian didn’t ignore her needs for her content baby? Maybe not. But i just don’t want people to think the parents they see on the street haven’t done enough and our children still end up needing assistive technology.
Thank you! That is useful information :)

• Heart
Just to clarify, I didn’t mean Riley ended up in a wheelchair because Grecian ignored her health issues, I meant her issues were so glaringly obvious as an infant. She didn’t walk until over 3 years old… I meant it’s deplorable that her issues were so obvious and ignored. The wheelchair being approved for her signifies how serious a diagnosis this poor kid has. I would never judge a parent of child in a wheelchair on their parenting- just Grecian!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So the lazy witch took her kids to school today even though it was a teachers strike for the public schools
give her a beak guys! How else was she going to film herself fake crying about her upcoming holiday!! What an absolute witch she is

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So the lazy witch took her kids to school today even though it was a teachers strike for the public schools
I kept my kids home today, but apparently it didn't effect some schools, I'm not really sure how it all worked, I'm basing it off email i got from my kids school, bit of strange situation.

Anyone else a little excited for her utter disappointment about Uluṟu after all the hype? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why would G need to take a support worker to Riley’s hospital appointment? Doesn’t make sense

Reactions: 6
Why would G need to take a support worker to Riley’s hospital appointment? Doesn’t make sense
Because she’s lazy as duck and gets anxiety about any excursion with the children unless her husband is there… but she’s totes happy to jet off to Uluṟu for a week and bail on the kids #medicalmama

Time for new thread suggestions tattlers…bonus points for inclusions of top deck, #medicalmama, juice plus or strip back 😂

Reactions: 8
Because she’s lazy as duck and gets anxiety about any excursion with the children unless her husband is there… but she’s totes happy to jet off to Uluṟu for a week and bail on the kids #medicalmama

Time for new thread suggestions tattlers…bonus points for inclusions of top deck, #medicalmama, juice plus or strip back 😂
You forgot linking arms 🤣

And there it is one last medical mum life post before she heads of on her trip of a lifetime.

• Haha
Did she take the support worker just to get photos of the hospital procedure for the gram?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.