Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh you're so right! I hadn't caught it in the programme at all, but thank you! I still think they should've show us the twirl when it was Aasma's turn rather than in the little montage bit.
Definitely, it was such a feature of that dress

Reactions: 2
Oh I didn't like the dress (ugly print) or the style at all, but it was structured and sewn perfectly.

(Not gonna lie I thought the straps at the back were going to be incredible, having just seen the picture posted, I'm going to delete the image from my mind and leave the back in mystique!😆)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The blue/green dress was just pure genius, never been THIS genuinely impressed with someone on the show before. All that and a medical degree - and all done in red bottom heels. Can you tell I have a massive girl crush? :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That dress! Everything about it was amazing - the transformation, the colours, and it was so beautiful. A very worthy winner ❤

Reactions: 12
It was a feat of engineering as well as sublime sewing. Not only was the actual reveal spectacular, the two dresses, and in particular the green one, were just amazing. She is an artist. She knits complicated jumpers too. So talented. And that’s just her hobbies - it’s not as if her day job is easy and unpressurised.

Reactions: 17
The green dress reveal was stunning, I'd wear that dress.

Poor Mia though, I think nerves got to her.

I couldn't get my head round all the hammocky concealment parts, my brain doesn't work that way 😂

I didn't like any of the transformations again though 😂

And I think the fabric Asmaa and Tony chose for the victoriana dresses was cheap looking baking foil 😂

But all in all a good show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
That dress! Everything about it was amazing - the transformation, the colours, and it was so beautiful. A very worthy winner ❤
Ah, it was beautiful, wasn't it! She really was in a different league to everyone else the whole run of the show, whatta woman!

I liked Tony's too: it was simpler, but very charming, and like Esme said, he'd come on so much since Week One! And I love that Mia is off to do Costume Design at uni, she was so delightfully creative in the Transformation Challenges that I'm 100% sure she'll be amazing at it!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The green and blue dress....wow! The way it just unraveled around that woman's body. Also, when it was blue, there was no way you could tell there was another dress underneath! The other two dresses were quite bulky in their first dress but Asmaas....there was just no hint to another dress. Amazing.

Reactions: 19
Aww what a lovely final. You have all summed it up perfectly, that dress was absolutely insane! Asmaa is next level.

I welled up for Mia, she is such a sweet girl and I’m sure she is going to have a successful career in costume design.

I did love Tony’s unique style and I really liked his dress too but Asmaa’s was 100% the winner.

Reactions: 17
Mia would’ve been a great designer for the Barbie movie, what with her pinks and cutesy style!

Reactions: 10
It was a lovely final, a shame for Mia to be upset right at the end, but the pink dress looked stunning. The right person won though, her blue to green dress was amazing.

I wish there was a slightly more level playing field though, as I thought Asmaa was more advanced than any of the others at the very beginning.

Reactions: 9
It wasn't just that that blue to green dress looked so good in both incarnations, and worked so well - it was the sheer elegance of the reveal.

It had me thinking of that film - Hunger Games - where the main characters' clothes apparently burst into flames - but this was done without any CGI, just imagination, hard work and skill.

I wanted Asmaa to win so much - I ws terrified she would have a "bad week" and lose it all through sheer ill luck.

And I think the fabric Asmaa and Tony chose for the victoriana dresses was cheap looking baking foil 😂

Also totally agree with this comment from @emmer_moans.

It looked nasty!

Reactions: 14
Yeah it looked like a magic trick the way it span around as it came down! Amazing

Reactions: 9
I loved the blue and green dress but it was similar to one I've seen on next in fashion when they did transforming dresses, wonder if thats where the idea came from. Beautifully sewen though and a worthy winner!

Reactions: 1