Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love sewing bee, things that the beeb do well.
I record it in the pretence i shall learn to sew and use the pattern breakdown as tutorials.
Several years later, I still don't sew.

Whispering woman was going to go soon, but this week blue lipstick lady should have as should have trans swim suit guy.

Asma is awesome. Quirky postman is good too.

Reactions: 5
Well, the longer Matthew stays the bigger the scene will be when he goes. :rolleyes:
I think this is why Asmaa is so classy. She's obviously making things more modest than the others. I guess in line with her views but I've not heard her say it whereas it's all Matthew talks about. Representation is quite rightly important but I think if you can't make the clothing say your message and need to back it up with the story for it to be obvious then it doesn't work as a design/concept. I hope he's out soon because there are better sewers.

Reactions: 17
I think this is why Asmaa is so classy. She's obviously making things more modest than the others. I guess in line with her views but I've not heard her say it whereas it's all Matthew talks about. Representation is quite rightly important but I think if you can't make the clothing say your message and need to back it up with the story for it to be obvious then it doesn't work as a design/concept. I hope he's out soon because there are better sewers.
I agree. I also have an issue when people take it upon themselves to be the representation for a whole demographic.

Just go in, be you, do your thing. But don't act like you're there for others or some sort of poster person for a group of people.

Reactions: 16
I watch it to see skill not life stories and representing abc.

And I don't care about any Nans. Stop wheeling out the Nans, this isn't x factor

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I 100% agree, I want to see more of the skills and less of the personal monologues :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
I prefer Sara to Joe as presenter. Both are cringeworthy but Sara irritates me less.

Confession…I liked Brogan.

…AND Sara Pascoe 😅
So do I.

I can't understand the negativity
---
True but if they're not careful they'll go down the route of bake off where they lose the whole essence of the show by trying to make it too complex and lose viewers.
That worries me, too.

I'd rather see a comparatively simple thing beautifully made, or a simple idea creatively interpreted, than hear watch the competitors struggle with an impossible task like fashioning a Sherlock Holmes cape and Deerstalker from discarded horse blankets found in a skip outside Aintree, and having 35 minute to do it in.

I'm one of those people who likes to convince myself that "I could do that if I wasn't lazy and incompetent"
---
If you have watched Detectorists she reminds me so much of Sheila, Terry's wife.
Sort of whispery and, as you say, twee.
If you haven't watched it this won't mean anything to you 😂
I'll bet she's got a core of steel, and everyone in the Mother's Onion Union is terrified of crossing her.

She's all sweet and whispery but obviously smokes 80 Capstan Full Strength a day, and I'll bet that she makes really snide cutting remarks in a very sweet way and then says "Oh dear - I'm so sorry - did I upset her" when her victim bursts into tears. And then makes so much fuss about being sorry that she is the one who ends up being comforted, while the object of her scorn ends up weeping alone in the Ladies'.

I've met her sort before . . . :cautious:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m glad Whispering Gillie went - she was getting right on my tits.

I think Asmaa has the most talent in both design and execution but I also like Postie Guy and I think Tony is good (if only he didn’t look quite so utterly livid when he doesn't get first place 🙈😂 Really needs to work on his resting witch face…)

Reactions: 6
I’m glad Whispering Gillie went - she was getting right on my tits.

I think Asmaa has the most talent in both design and execution but I also like Postie Guy and I think Tony is good (if only he didn’t look quite so utterly livid when he doesn't get first place 🙈😂 Really needs to work on his resting witch face…)
He looked like he was quietly seething/on the verge of tears that entire episode 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
100% agree, I want to see more of the skills and less of the personal monologues :ROFLMAO:
Yes this.i want to learn something and understand the thought process of making things. I tend to bodge stuff and use YouTube so I'm in desperate need of proper tips and tricks!

Reactions: 2
Whispering Gillie annoyed me from day 1, bondage person needs to broaden this themes a bit, Tony might explode before and certainly when he leaves, postman is trying just a bit too hard on the quirky thing and Asmara just makes beautiful, stylish clothes. Like the rest she makes the sort of stuff she likes but doesn’t make a part of her personality and preferences into her entire being.
But generally I don’t have any opinions one way or the other 😂

Actually I do always love the way they help each other out. The Beeb need to be careful the tasks don’t become ridiculously impractical and lose the core of what makes this show so watchable to start with.

Also, Patrick - I so would given half a chance. Just saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a line and I'm at the front 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Whispering Gillie annoyed me from day 1, bondage person needs to broaden this themes a bit, Tony might explode before and certainly when he leaves, postman is trying just a bit too hard on the quirky thing and Asmara just makes beautiful, stylish clothes. Like the rest she makes the sort of stuff she likes but doesn’t make a part of her personality and preferences into her entire being.
But generally I don’t have any opinions one way or the other 😂

Actually I do always love the way they help each other out. The Beeb need to be careful the tasks don’t become ridiculously impractical and lose the core of what makes this show so watchable to start with.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Loving the Ghanaian Batakari challenge with the mysteriously roaming pockets, and laughing at the indigo blue dyes rubbing off on their hands and they all looked like they were suffering from extreme hypothermia.

Also, I need a boubou for the summer, it looks lovely and cool, and very forgiving around the thigh and bum region