Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's from a Netflix show called Next In Fashion.
Ahhhh that explains it then, thank you! So Patrick remains as sharp as a pin as well as being very handsome phew!
He‘s obviously not got a Netflix account and I watch more sewing shows than I thought I did 😁

Reactions: 3
I think Rafe will win. Serena is great but he is more creative. I don't see much similarity between the next in fashion dress and his. I didn't really like any if them. Clearly recycled denim is not for me! No wait, the black and white was ok.

Reactions: 8
I loved Farie's black and white dress and felt that she should have won but probably they wanted to give someone else a chance :p I think its between her and Rafe and both would be worthy winners. Serena will come third, great sewer and some of her designs have been gorgeous but the other two are just that bit better imho.

Reactions: 8
I guess it depends on the editing but the show makes Serena look annoyed when she doesn't come first 😬 I want Raph to win. I think next week it will be either Damien or Rebecca to go.

Reactions: 6
I thought the fit of Farie's dress was very poor, so I thought she didn't deserve Garment of the Week.

Reactions: 3
Yes Farie is in the running and could also win. I do like her sewing. She seems like a sweet lady.

Reactions: 4
Serenas a bit bit like the winner last year. I can't remember her name but she was a really good sewer I just found her designs really boring

Reactions: 5
I thought Raph’s dress was technically stunning. The whole lot of them were v 90s Per Una but what can you do within that brief.

Serena seems very into one side one colour, the other another (she did it with the baker boy cap) - which seems if you call it colour blocking will impress, I think it’s proper naff.

Last edited:
Damian makes me laugh. He reminds me of that Yorkshire actor in Ashes to Ashes who is a bit un PC. I have not heard Damian say anything un PC, but he doesn’t fit the usual sewing male demographic, he looks like a pie and a pint man and a speaks as he finds sort of guy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Damian makes me laugh. He reminds me of that Yorkshire actor in Ashes to Ashes who is a bit un PC. I have not heard Damian say anything un PC, but he doesn’t fit the usual sewing male demographic, he looks like a pie and a pint man and a speaks as he finds sort of guy.
It's refreshing when they recruit off piste, instead of the standard line up every year (Bake Off is much the same with the same cast every year). I liked that Steam Punk guy early on in Sewing Bee, again totally different to what you'd expect.

Reactions: 11
Damian and his turbo (average white guy) confidence makes me hoot. He thinks everything he does will be belting and that he probably doesn’t need to follow the pattern. Fair fucks.

Reactions: 9
Damien and Adam are my two favourites. Not the best sewers but great entertainment.

Reactions: 7
Yes I'm definitely warming to Damien. I find Serena and Rebecca totally unmemorable and dull. I like the flair of Raph - the orange trim in the transformation challenge completely lifted his outfit in a way no one else came near.

Yes I'm definitely warming to Damien. I find Serena and Rebecca totally unmemorable and dull. I like the flair of Raph - the orange trim in the transformation challenge completely lifted his outfit in a way no one else came near.
Ooh I’m the opposite! I still just can’t warm to Damien but I actually really like Rebecca and don’t mind Serena. I think maybe they’re just a bit more shy. I do really love Farie but I’m originally from Dunstable area where she is from 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I like Damian. I don't really find him cocky - he's confident but he knows he's not the best.

I don't really have a favourite at the moment. I think this week's show was tough but they were all impressive.

Patrick, Esme and Joe make this show brilliant. They're all so good at what they do and so watchable on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not a fan of Damien. Too cocky. That type gets on my nerves.
I don't see that at all. He knows he's not the best and I find him quite self deprecating, its almost like he can't believe he's still there and is just enjoying the experience.

I like Damian. I don't really find him cocky - he's confident but he knows he's not the best.

I don't really have a favourite at the moment. I think this week's show was tough but they were all impressive.

Patrick, Esme and Joe make this show brilliant. They're all so good at what they do and so watchable on this.
I love the jokes Joe makes about Patrick and Esme.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I really like Raph! I hope he wins. I actually like serena, her sewing is lovely to watch !
I like how far Faire has come, but she always has a round where she isn’t as strong so I think that may be her undoing one day!

I love sewing bee, discovered it last year and was sucha surprised.

Damien is a tricky one, I love how he doesn't fit the stereotype and I don't think he is cocky at all. He is clearly out of his depth when he can't plan and practice. Practically every week the first two challenges are weak and he pulls it out the bag in the final challenge.

I'm.not usually a fan of the camp style of host but Joe gets the balance just right without being annoying or taking over, to me he is Julian Clareys natural successor.

Reactions: 4