Great British Bake Off 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Maggie.

I think I like Amanda. She reminds me of someone, but I don't know who.

I'm just bit sad there isn't some proper male eye candy in the tent. Still haven't gotten over Tamal from a few series ago. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t think I was paying enough attention because when the person leaving was announced I literally went “who?”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love love love Nadiya and so pleased she won, but it was almost as good it wasn’t Ian

Selasi I was great - I loved that that series all stayed in touch. I really liked Candice, thought she should win and Ruby - she was year before last was she? So disorganised but so charming.
I loved Nadia, was rooting for her to win all the way during the the programme. But after that, she seemed to be everywhere and I got fed up seeing her. Think she just used Bake Off as a springboard. It’s a wonder she hasn’t been on Strictly.

Reactions: 2
Star baker was the correct choice.
Initial thoughts…
Crystelle I think is going to be the one who doubts herself each week, produces a masterpiece and then appears shocked.
Freya I found a tad annoying and a bit over confident.
Lizzie I think will grate on me by end of week 2. Who am I kidding, she grates on me by end of week 1?! 😆
Love Guiseppe and Jurgen.
Others not had any impact on me yet.
No doubt I’ll have a different view next week! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Star baker was the correct choice.
Initial thoughts…
Crystelle I think is going to be the one who doubts herself each week, produces a masterpiece and then appears shocked.
Freya I found a tad annoying and a bit over confident.
Lizzie I think will grate on me by end of week 2. Who am I kidding, she grates on me by end of week 1?! 😆
Love Guiseppe and Jurgen.
Others not had any impact on me yet.
No doubt I’ll have a different view next week! 😁
Pretty much word for word my thoughts. Crystelle reminds me of Ruby who would say everything she did was crap and then look surprised when she got a handshake almost every week.

Reactions: 13
Also, did anyone else notice that during judging, in the background you could see the other contestants and they weren’t even watching - they had their backs turned. It happened several times. I noticed it because, in previous series, you would always see them watching the judges reactions to the other bakes.

Reactions: 4
Also, did anyone else notice that during judging, in the background you could see the other contestants and they weren’t even watching - they had their backs turned. It happened several times. I noticed it because, in previous series, you would always see them watching the judges reactions to the other bakes.
Yes it seemed odd

Reactions: 2
Episode 1 and I'd already die for giuseppe and jurgen

Can see myself finding lizzie and crystelle annoying as it goes on.

• Haha
My heart melted for Jurgen! He's so adorable! Loved Giuseppe too!

I don't understand why Lizzie and her really boring story got so much air time, we were all watching it like 😐 in my house! She definitely got way too much screen time.

Reactions: 13
Another one feeling the love for Jurgen. I was delighted for him when he got star baker 🌟😁

There is no way in hell I'm going to be able to listen to Lizzie for ten weeks.

I knew Lizzie reminded me of someone. Having Coronation Street backflashes now.

"Backflashes"? What the hell are backflashes? Obviously I meant flashbacks! 🥴

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Giuseppe has been renamed italian Weird Al Yankovic in our house!

Also Pru pisses me off with her ‘worth the calories “ nonsense It’s a baking show, let the food that actually looks appetising alone woman!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Pru’s outfit and glasses were 👌🏻 but yeah the calorie chat needs zipping. She’s been at that every series.

Noel ate something! He never tries anything usually.

A good bunch I think, seem really supportive of each other (I didn’t notice the not facing the front during in judging, which is bad manners).

Jurgen and Guiseppe are my favourites, I hope one of them win! Also quite liked Maggie, she is what I imagine a grandma to be like (never really had one growing up).

Lizzie irritated me, but I couldn’t tell you why, and so did Freya. Not ones I’m keen to watch. (Does anyone else think Freya looks like Wendy from the live action Peter Pan film?)

The other women, I feel like didn’t get much airtime so no opinion on them as of yet, although Crystelle’s showstopper looked beautiful.

Chigs just looked absolutely baffed the entire time, it made me laugh.

Reactions: 5
Loved Jurgan and Guiseppe. I also liked Amanda who hasn't been mentioned much. A pretty good mix of people I think - looking forward to next week.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.