Grace Victory #9 The Girl Who Lived (on the sofa)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Simba88 for the thread suggestion.

- Grace is now a mother of 2 after having the birth only she deserved
- Cyprus is still locked in his cage, sorry play pen when he’s not being looked after by her mum or sister
- Lee is still yet to propose
- Grace still lets us know when she’s on her period every 2 weeks
- Open and honest about PND
- Still keeping Deliveroo in business
- Everything is still beige

Missed anything?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks to @Simba88 for the thread suggestion.

- Grace is now a mother of 2 after having the birth only she deserved
- Cyprus is still locked in his cage, sorry play pen when he’s not being looked after by her mum or sister
- Lee is still yet to propose
- Grace still lets us know when she’s on her period every 2 weeks
- Open and honest about PND
- Still keeping Deliveroo in business
- Everything is still beige

Missed anything?
Captured it well…

Reactions: 1
I don’t understand how she’s been given a second chance at life and she’s not out there making the most of it.

there’s others out there who have been way more effected from covid than her like Kate garroways husband not saying it’s a competition or anything at all.

but I’m sick of this I’m the girl who lived narrative but spends her time feeling sorry for herself when she could be making memories with her family that she wanted so badly!

Reactions: 15
I don’t understand how she’s been given a second chance at life and she’s not out there making the most of it.

there’s others out there who have been way more effected from covid than her like Kate garroways husband not saying it’s a competition or anything at all.

but I’m sick of this I’m the girl who lived narrative but spends her time feeling sorry for herself when she could be making memories with her family that she wanted so badly!
I don’t think she’s physically well enough.

Reactions: 16
I don’t think she’s physically well enough.
No I totally get that, my mum is suffering from long covid. She caught covid while she was in hospital last may and due to negligence from the doctors and nurses her body had lost all electrolytes, salts, etc and caused her to have 5 heart attacks. Thank god she has a pace maker and defibrillator otherwise she wouldn’t be here now, but ever since that my mum hasn’t been fully right.

maybe my last comments were a little too strong, but there are others out there who I’m sure has gone through what happened with grace but then learns to appreciate what they have around them and spends real quality time with loved ones. But she will use her social media to drill into people “this is a year since I was reborn”, “I’m the girl who lived”. She has a social media presence and should be using it to make others who have been through the same thing feel less alone, and bring awareness to long covid and how she’s learning to navigate life with it.

my mums been unwell with lupus for 40+ years now, and it’s caused Her to have two kidney transplants, heart failure, COPD, cancers from the anti rejection drugs, and colostomy bags from having her bowel nipped when she was having a native kidney removed, and I’m just in awe of everything she’s achieved and how she’s handled her illnesses. The doctors told her that when she was pregnant with me that I should have been gotten rid off due to her conditions but my mum wasn’t having it and here I am nearly 30 years later! She worked different jobs, went on holidays and lived her life. It’s people like my mum who should have a social media presence to show others the reality of illnesses/diseases but how to get the most out of life and how to live it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
No I totally get that, my mum is suffering from long covid. She caught covid while she was in hospital last may and due to negligence from the doctors and nurses her body had lost all electrolytes, salts, etc and caused her to have 5 heart attacks. Thank god she has a pace maker and defibrillator otherwise she wouldn’t be here now, but ever since that my mum hasn’t been fully right.

maybe my last comments were a little too strong, but there are others out there who I’m sure has gone through what happened with grace but then learns to appreciate what they have around them and spends real quality time with loved ones. But she will use her social media to drill into people “this is a year since I was reborn”, “I’m the girl who lived”. She has a social media presence and should be using it to make others who have been through the same thing feel less alone, and bring awareness to long covid and how she’s learning to navigate life with it.

my mums been unwell with lupus for 40+ years now, and it’s caused Her to have two kidney transplants, heart failure, COPD, cancers from the anti rejection drugs, and colostomy bags from having her bowel nipped when she was having a native kidney removed, and I’m just in awe of everything she’s achieved and how she’s handled her illnesses. The doctors told her that when she was pregnant with me that I should have been gotten rid off due to her conditions but my mum wasn’t having it and here I am nearly 30 years later! She worked different jobs, went on holidays and lived her life. It’s people like my mum who should have a social media presence to show others the reality of illnesses/diseases but how to get the most out of life and how to live it.
Sorry to hear about your mum. I understand chronic illness all to well, it’s debilitating.
That’s sort of my point, that Grace is clearly not as well as she makes out and actually if she shared her struggles honestly it would actually be decent content. This reborn 100% well thing, but lying on the couch all day doesn’t add up and seems insincere.
Also she’s just shared four I think, gifted items and not marked as such, she’s always doing it 😡

Reactions: 6

Sorry to hear about your mum. But I don’t think anyone should feel they have to share anything they don’t want. Some people use social media for escapism and to cheer themselves up, maybe social media is the one place grace feels like she doesn’t have to face and see the consequences of what happened her, who are you to say she doesn’t deserve it?

Not every influencer needs to share details of their health to make others feel better or educate, and I’m pretty sure anyone with something as serious as long covid will have doctors and actual qualified people advising them. If grace were to offer advice or info about it I guarantee a lot of people would pick apart what she says and say she’s not a medical professional

it’s great that your mums done all that but I don’t like how you’re implying she’s “better” than grace because of that…grace has talked about a lot of stuff she dealt with as a growing up that I relate to, so with that considered she has achieved a lot. She may not be at her peak anymore but she organically grew that following. No offense but who says your mum could even keep 10s of thousands of people engaged online for over a decade

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her nips were absolutely the bottom of the list of things I wanted to see when scrolling through insta this pancake day

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Urghh thanks for showing me your flappy udders being squadged and squished into your child’s mouth I really enjoyed that said nobody ever

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This Mum reel... I will never understand why so many parents seemingly dislike their kids and find being a parent pretty awful and then go on to have more kids. At this point I'm just not up for listening to people moan about problems they create for themselves! You chose to start a family, you chose to have a second child!

Reactions: 29
Urghh thanks for showing me your flappy udders being squadged and squished into your child’s mouth I really enjoyed that said nobody ever
I'm all for normalising breastfeeding wherever it's convenient and not turning breasts into sexual objects when they're being used to feed children but I don't need to be confronted with it when I'm scrolling on Instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This Mum reel... I will never understand why so many parents seemingly dislike their kids and find being a parent pretty awful and then go on to have more kids. At this point I'm just not up for listening to people moan about problems they create for themselves! You chose to start a family, you chose to have a second child!
This. I get there is a camaraderie amongst parents based on how tired they are and how trying kids are at times, but she literally never talks positively about Cyprus. He's a really cute age. My nephew is about the same age and he's now a proper little person, repeating everything you say and learning stuff every day. My sister spends ages engaging with him, teaching him what different animals are etc. Grace might be doing that but all we see is the TV on and her on the sofa. Of course it's trickier with a baby as well but even before Kamiko poor Cyprus was stuck in his play pen.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I thought she had a lovely gentle c-section & recovery in hospital? Was that not what she shared a few days after birth? But now that’s changed & it wasn’t judging from her last few posts

Reactions: 5
Totally agree! I’m excited to have kids one day and I can’t imagine ever getting on the internet to moan about them? It’s got the same energy as people who constantly talk tit about their partners online being useless or annoying? It just starts to come across like they really resent their kids. I’ve never found that kinda “I hate my kids” banter very funny, but it’s very very common and normalised. Same as “wine mum”/“almond mom” behaviour, all just so weird and toxic

Reactions: 13
That denim reel, why is Lee wearing a jumper draped over that shirt.. looks ridiculous

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.