Grace Victory #8 Has the entire village raise her child, while she sits on the couch waiting takeaway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Instagram has set some weird expectations for what the newborn stage is like. Yes, some people have blissful little bundles of joy, family and friends bringing lasagnes, an easy time with breastfeeding etc. But there are a hundred and one things that can stop that from being the reality.
Totally depends on which accounts you follow. Instagram per se is not to blame for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They’ve spent the whole festive period with family and again Cyprus was at aunties last night & today then dropped to his nans for the night by auntie. She never has him for a full week does she? Imagine only having to parent for 3/4 days of the week.
Now imagine Grace and Lee split Cyprus would barely see his mum😪😔.I mean she would defo play and monetise of the single mum gig IMO

Reactions: 5
Now imagine Grace and Lee split Cyprus would barely see his mum😪😔.I mean she would defo play and monetise of the single mum gig IMO
He'd see her, you just wouldn't know it. People post what they want you to see and know, remember.

I bloody hate this recent trend of mothers calling themselves mama
My baby is half-European and in his second language I’m literally “mama,” but I neeevveeerrr use it in the English context because it’s so redundant & childish in English imo. Plus you wouldn’t want your teenage kid still calling you mama (if they’re only speaking English ofc), and I’ve seen mumfluencers with pre-teens / teens still using it. It doesn’t even sound cuter to me either 😂

Reactions: 4
My baby is half-European and in his second language I’m literally “mama,” but I neeevveeerrr use it in the English context because it’s so redundant & childish in English imo. Plus you wouldn’t want your teenage kid still calling you mama (if they’re only speaking English ofc), and I’ve seen mumfluencers with pre-teens / teens still using it. It doesn’t even sound cuter to me either 😂
Isn’t it a plack people thing, saying Mama? I’m not English native speaker myself, but I‘d associate it with black people.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Not sure where you're from, but "mama" means and is used for "mother" in almost every language in the world.
I know what Mama means, thanks. I wasn’t the one „complaining“ about Grace (and other Mamas, if you will) on IG using „Mama“ instead of „mum“ or „mother“. I, as a person who doesn’t live in an English speaking country nor have English as first language, so observing all of this from an outside perspective, would have associated English speaking people using „Mama“ with black English speaking people. Might be wrong, just a suggestion to explain Grace‘s tendencies of portraying herself as (black) earth mother, therefore calling herself „Mama“.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know what Mama means, thanks. I wasn’t the one „complaining“ about Grace (and other Mamas, if you will) on IG using „Mama“ instead of „mum“ or „mother“. I, as a person who doesn’t live in an English speaking country nor have English as first language, so observing all of this from an outside perspective, would have associated English speaking people using „Mama“ with black English speaking people. Might be wrong, just a suggestion to explain Grace‘s tendencies of portraying herself as (black) earth mother, therefore calling herself „Mama“.
I'm confused. Do you think all black people have the same culture and background?
I don't get how someone's skin colour could determine whether they say mama or not?
What a peculiar thing to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So if you know what Mama means, how on earth do you definitively associate the word with black people?! Make it make sense!

And yes, you're wrong.

Reactions: 7
I'm confused. Do you think all black people have the same culture and background?
I don't get how someone's skin colour could determine whether they say mama or not?
What a peculiar thing to say.
🙄 No I don’t. Black slang words exist. Sure, not ALL black people use them.

So if you know what Mama means, how on earth do you definitively associate the word with black people?! Make it make sense!

And yes, you're wrong.
I made it quite clear, that in countries with English as main language, I‘d associate using „Mama“ with the black community. Here in Austria, basically everyone calls their mother „Mama“.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Let's move on from this topic as it's been said and getting disruptive - Please read our rules and why they're important
🙄 No I don’t. Black slang words exist. Sure, not ALL black people use them.

I made it quite clear, that in countries with English as main language, I‘d associate using „Mama“ with the black community. Here in Austria, basically everyone calls their mother „Mama“.
Omg pls stop you’re making it so much worse. There’s no such thing as “black slang” because black ppl are not a monolith - I know this is a link to Wikipedia but this shows the breadth of the Afro Caribbean diaspora and as a result you can imagine how much variance must exist between their experiences/culture/slang.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.