Grace Victory #8 Has the entire village raise her child, while she sits on the couch waiting takeaway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To emphasize, that your body still is not back to normal, that you still have a strong bond with your child, that recovery from pregnancy and birth also is part of the pregnancy… and probably much more. To create awareness, that it’s not all over with the influence of a pregnancy, once the baby is out.
(I mean, I didn’t invent it myself. 😅 But still.)
Plus baby takes some time to understand they are separate from their mum which is part of the reason they are so reliant on being close to mum - her smell, sound etc is all they've known and now they've been cast into the big, cold, bright world. They have to learn to eat through their mouth and use their digestive system etc. It's a bloody wonder we ever survived as a species tbh...

Also re Grace and guilt, even if she didn't accept ownership of her mistakes re COVID, she may we'll still feel guilty. Hormones create quite a heady mix and I hope she has emotional support around her if she needs it.

Reactions: 12
So all that we've known since forever everywhere in the world 😂
Except women are expected to bounce back 2 wks after birth, are expected to „function perfectly“ immediately after, get observed and commented on closely, get judged by the whole world,…
All that while being extremely vulnerable and bodily challenged. So I feel like, some awareness surely does no harm.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Except women are expected to bounce back 2 wks after birth, are expected to „function perfectly“ immediately after, get observed and commented on closely, get judged by the whole world,…
All that while being extremely vulnerable and bodily challenged. So I feel like, some awareness surely does no harm.
Incredible. Must be a British/US thing then because it isn't like that in most countries, even rich western countries.

Reactions: 1
Incredible. Must be a British/US thing then because it isn't like that in most countries, even rich western countries.
That’s because there’s no such thing as proper maternity leave in the US!

Reactions: 3
You just have to read women‘s magazine and have a look at celebrity-culture. To prevent those toxic views, I think the term 4th trimester can be helpful.

Reactions: 7
That’s because there’s no such thing as proper maternity leave in the US!
I knew for the USA but I thought it was better in the UK... Apparently they don't get paid 100% during the whole marternity leave. Is it true?

I knew for the USA but I thought it was better in the UK... Apparently they don't get paid 100% during the whole marternity leave. Is it true?
It depends on the company. At my partners (who works for a large energy company) women get 3 months full pay then 50% for another 3.

But from my experience most women get statutory which is 90% pay for 6 weeks then £150ish per week for 33 weeks then nothing.
For me it means I’m losing over £1500 a month when I go on maternity leave next year. It’s a shambles.
For self employed or those who haven’t been in their jobs long it’s worse - they only get the £150ish from the very start and lose out on the 90% for 6 weeks

Reactions: 8
I was off sick most of my pregnancy (obviously not my fault), so they made me start my maternity leave early too. Although maternity pay was more than sick pay so that was something.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It depends on the company. At my partners (who works for a large energy company) women get 3 months full pay then 50% for another 3.

But from my experience most women get statutory which is 90% pay for 6 weeks then £150ish per week for 33 weeks then nothing.
For me it means I’m losing over £1500 a month when I go on maternity leave next year. It’s a shambles.
For self employed or those who haven’t been in their jobs long it’s worse - they only get the £150ish from the very start and lose out on the 90% for 6 weeks
It's really long but not well-paid at all considering British wages.

Reactions: 1
No it’s pretty appalling, and a lot of women I know haven’t gone back to work at all as childcare costs can be as much as £1500-£1800 per month for a baby nursery place 5days per week in London. Childminders are cheaper but few & far between for baby spaces due to ratios.

Anyway sorry for going off topic!
I’d love to know what an influencer like Grace (popularity & follower wise) gets from it as I really struggle to see how they can afford everything they have.
My partner & I have a combined income of 80k in London but we still can’t afford takeaways so often & wouldn’t be able to afford a nursery space for child 1 whilst on mat leave!
I guess it helps when all the big money baby items are gifted!

Reactions: 6
No it’s pretty appalling, and a lot of women I know haven’t gone back to work at all as childcare costs can be as much as £1500-£1800 per month for a baby nursery place 5days per week in London. Childminders are cheaper but few & far between for baby spaces due to ratios.

Anyway sorry for going off topic!
I’d love to know what an influencer like Grace (popularity & follower wise) gets from it as I really struggle to see how they can afford everything they have.
My partner & I have a combined income of 80k in London but we still can’t afford takeaways so often & wouldn’t be able to afford a nursery space for child 1 whilst on mat leave!
I guess it helps when all the big money baby items are gifted!
A full time nursery space in London is over £2k pcm. There’s help available but idk what it is as not eligible. Grace’s first goes for a few hours a week which would be anything between £40-60 a session at a private day nursery, plus likely just using her free hours and she’ll be eligible for the tax free childcare scheme too. The rest of the time they’re either in the pen or with her family.

I suspect the takeaways are her only outgoing. As she wears the gifted babygros, only goes on gifted holidays, isn’t big on homeware or buying the kids toys (and a lot of that is gifted), and doesn’t seem to have any hobbies…?

A full time nursery space in London is over £2k pcm. There’s help available but idk what it is as not eligible. Grace’s first goes for a few hours a week which would be anything between £40-60 a session at a private day nursery, plus likely just using her free hours and she’ll be eligible for the tax free childcare scheme too. The rest of the time they’re either in the pen or with her family.

I suspect the takeaways are her only outgoing. As she wears the gifted babygros, only goes on gifted holidays, isn’t big on homeware or buying the kids toys (and a lot of that is gifted), and doesn’t seem to have any hobbies…?
Oh the most expensive in my area of south London (one I worked at for 6years) is £1800 per month. But I’m sure plenty, in central especially, are more.
Hmm true! Didn’t think of that I forget all her holidays this year have been gifted. It’s a shambles really!

• Heart
Oh the most expensive in my area of south London (one I worked at for 6years) is £1800 per month. But I’m sure plenty, in central especially, are more.
Hmm true! Didn’t think of that I forget all her holidays this year have been gifted. It’s a shambles really!
Oh wow that’s great value, apologies I’ve honestly never heard of a full time place under £2k! ❤

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Oh wow that’s great value, apologies I’ve honestly never heard of a full time place under £2k! ❤
My child’s nursery was £300 for three days a week per month with funding. Lord knows what it would’ve been like without funding. But then I’m 2 hours from London!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It's not really long at all compared to other countries. I'm from Hungary where you get 90% of your wages for the first year, 80% year 2 and 70% year 3. But if you decide you want to go back to work, childcare is pretty much free from birth. You pay a very insignificant amount for a nursery for under 3 year olds, over 3 years kindergarten is free for 5 days a week, 7am-6pm a day. Women are actually supported to make whatever choice they want, although most mums stay home for the whole 3 years. What we have here in Britain is honestly disgraceful and depressing 🤦🏼‍♀️
Sorry to go off topic! So glad we got to see Grace's tits today, I was worried we wouldn't but then...there it was 🙃

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
It's not really long at all compared to other countries. I'm from Hungary where you get 90% of your wages for the first year, 80% year 2 and 70% year 3. But if you decide you want to go back to work, childcare is pretty much free from birth. You pay a very insignificant amount for a nursery for under 3 year olds, over 3 years kindergarten is free for 5 days a week, 7am-6pm a day. Women are actually supported to make whatever choice they want, although most mums stay home for the whole 3 years. What we have here in Britain is honestly disgraceful and depressing 🤦🏼‍♀️
Sorry to go off topic! So glad we got to see Grace's tits today, I was worried we wouldn't but then...there it was 🙃
Oh that's really good. Nordic countries have great conditions too I reckon.
But let's be realistic, Bulgaria has less than 8 millions inhabitants. It's less than London only. And globally less women working than in the western countries if you look at the stats. It is hardly a viable model for the UK.

Reactions: 2
Meanwhile we get people like Grace who can languish on the sofa and palm her other kids off on family members

duck sakes why does she feel the need to show the world her sweaty saggy udders duck off you’re not the only woman to breastfeed or use a pump moron

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.