Grace Victory #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hell lol. Even if they’ve been getting help, it’s still A LOT to care for a newborn baby who has not properly bonded with their mother...
Agreed completely. The first few weeks are so incredibly difficult, I can’t imagine doing it alone much less with the additional stress of communicating with a hospital / the fear you may be alone forever. Realistically he will have to pick up the majority of care responsibilities for several years to come, plus caring for Grace on top. He must be a trash person on some level to entertain her don’t get me wrong but there is no denying he’s done an awful lot for that baby.

Reactions: 30
Yeah, I know it's a lot. And will be a tremendous amount when she returns home. Im just saying we literally don't know who is doing what. I don't know why that's objectionable or it needs to be said that whoever is doing it is, duh, doing a lot.

We wouldn't have to look far in the influencer world to name a male partner who would be completely useless in this situation and all the responsibilities would fall to other family members.

Reactions: 6
I think the "Don’t wanna be who I was before" in her last IG is more referred to her behavior towards Lee than her lifestyle..

Reactions: 24
Agreed completely. The first few weeks are so incredibly difficult, I can’t imagine doing it alone much less with the additional stress of communicating with a hospital / the fear you may be alone forever. Realistically he will have to pick up the majority of care responsibilities for several years to come, plus caring for Grace on top. He must be a trash person on some level to entertain her don’t get me wrong but there is no denying he’s done an awful lot for that baby.
I agree mostly but he's the baby's father, it's what you do !
He's done an awful lot for that baby makes it sound like a favour for a friend or something, not sure this would even be a thing if it was the other way around?

• Heart
Reactions: 61
What the hell lol. Even if they’ve been getting help, it’s still A LOT to care for a newborn baby who has not properly bonded with their mother...
Exactly. And maybe someone who knows better can add, but wouldn't the baby have some emotional trauma from not bonding with its mother? There's a reason they do skin to skin contact immediately after birth, why breast feeding is encouraged, it does a lot for the baby's emotional development. He would have sadly already missed out being premature but it's not an easy ride taking care of a newborn when his mother is not around.

Also, yeah it's Lee's responsibility as the dad and arguably Charleigh's responsibility as aunt/relative but again, not easy raising a baby as a new parent when the life of the baby's mother hangs in the balance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It couldn’t have been prevented by her being less fat as you say.

she didn’t catch COVID cause of her weight.
I agree that if you catch COVID you are higher risk if your over weight.
But not that she could have prevented COVID by being slim.
By being slimmer she may have not been effected as much but many thin people have also been seriously affected
Yes, that's what I meant: I meant as in she could have had a less serious time with Covid if she was of a normal BMI. Of course there is no sure way to predict how a person's Covid battle goes, cause small children and otherwise healthy people have died.

How do we know she went out post her positive covid test?
In the previous thread, someone else placed a post about a reddit link or something linked to her that suggested she'd gone out for her nails or something post a positive test? I'd need to check through it on the last thread.

Reactions: 3
I agree mostly but he's the baby's father, it's what you do !
He's done an awful lot for that baby makes it sound like a favour for a friend or something, not sure this would even be a thing if it was the other way around?
I get your point and think it’s valid in a lot of cases, but this was in response to speculation he’d have palmed off the baby onto friends & family. I personally don’t think it’s fair to criticise Lee in regard to how much he’s done, as it’ll likely be significantly more than most dads (who I agree, don’t share the burden 50/50).

Reactions: 9
Lee looks like he has lost a lot of weight (a photo of him posted on Instagram on his birthday showed a full length photo of him) obviously under his circumstances AND with a newborn son to care for its not came as a surprise. I wonder how Grace will perceive it though as I know she liked him “bigger” as it fit in with her ‘body positive image’. I can’t help but think what Grace has been through has made Lee rethink his health and diet though, I know the shock of it would definitely make me more aware of my eating habits and lifestyle as I’d want to be there for my child for as long as possible.....

Lee looks like he has lost a lot of weight (a photo of him posted on Instagram on his birthday showed a full length photo of him) obviously under his circumstances AND with a newborn son to care for its not came as a surprise. I wonder how Grace will perceive it though as I know she liked him “bigger” as it fit in with her ‘body positive image’. I can’t help but think what Grace has been through has made Lee rethink his health and diet though, I know the shock of it would definitely make me more aware of my eating habits and lifestyle as I’d want to be there for my child for as long as possible.....
To add....
I wonder if Lee will try and encourage Grace to eat healthier, smaller portions and exercise when she is back home.... I can imagine Grace to have huge issues with this as food is her comfort....

Reactions: 18
I honestly believe she won't be home for at least 2 or 3 months. I volunteer at a physical rehab centre and we've had lots of covid patients come in. Many of them are in wheelchairs and can't do anything without extra oxygen. I wish her a speedy recovery but I think she will make it out to be a lot easier than it is actually going to be to fit her brand.

Reactions: 18
I honestly believe she won't be home for at least 2 or 3 months. I volunteer at a physical rehab centre and we've had lots of covid patients come in. Many of them are in wheelchairs and can't do anything without extra oxygen. I wish her a speedy recovery but I think she will make it out to be a lot easier than it is actually going to be to fit her brand.
I confirm. I'm from Italy and 2 of my neighbors were in ICU (and not with a tracheostomy) and they're both having issues with their oxygen 2 months after they were dismissed. One had to go back to the hospital 3 weeks after he was dismissed as his oxygen levels were really low.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I have an inkling that she will use the fact she had 5% of survival in ICU - and survived - yet another excuse to promote this toxic community. ‘I’m morbidly obese (fat she will say as medical terms such as obese are fatphobic of course) and I still survived the 5% chance doctors gave me, just proves ✨weight doesn’t determine somebody’s health✨ I can just see it!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I have an inkling that she will use the fact she had 5% of survival in ICU - and survived - yet another excuse to promote this toxic community. ‘I’m morbidly obese (fat she will say as medical terms such as obese are fatphobic of course) and I still survived the 5% chance doctors gave me, just proves ✨weight doesn’t determine somebody’s health✨ I can just see it!
yep definitely, she won’t take into account her weight is probably what put her into ICU for 3 months, she’ll just skip that part.

Someone I knew who was bigger (smaller than Grace) wasn’t as lucky and sadly passed away from covid after xmas, he was only 32, he was in okish health for a bigger person but that definitely contributed to his loss more than anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
And that's really sad. I have a few extra kilos myself (just a bit overweight) and I can feel the difference when I can maintain an healthy weight vs. when I have some kilos more.
I believe in body positivity as accepting yourself with your flows (stretch marks, cellulite, imperfect bodies, a few kilos more) but I hate people who are glorifying obesity. Obesity - as anorexia - is a dangerous condition that impact on your health and life and that can lead you to death.
I stopped following Grace years ago because of her constantly talking about her trauma and promoting her obesity as healthy and good.
I know that fighting your weight (both very low or very heavy) is a struggle and it's not easy and requires a lot of strength. But it shouldn't be glorified..ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't think anyone actually knows who has been looking after the baby or what Lee has been up to all this time. Obviously we all sympathize with the family, but I don't understand posts that seem to be assuming without context that Char or Lee have been basically heroic during all this.
Lee isn’t heroic for looking after his own baby he’s heroic because I cannot imagine dealing with an infant born premature delivered because his mothers condition was so severe that they had to advance his birth. And then grace being put in a coma, the heartbreak and fear of her not waking up and potentially leaving their child motherless must’ve been awful.

Reactions: 60
And that's really sad. I have a few extra kilos myself (just a bit overweight) and I can feel the difference when I can maintain an healthy weight vs. when I have some kilos more.
I believe in body positivity as accepting yourself with your flows (stretch marks, cellulite, imperfect bodies, a few kilos more) but I hate people who are glorifying obesity. Obesity - as anorexia - is a dangerous condition that impact on your health and life and that can lead you to death.
I stopped following Grace years ago because of her constantly talking about her trauma and promoting her obesity as healthy and good.
I know that fighting your weight (both very low or very heavy) is a struggle and it's not easy and requires a lot of strength. But it shouldn't be glorified..ever.
I agree with this completely! Heck she can even love herself in the size that she is now but don’t be so arrogant to refuse how bad it is for your health. Fat puts pressure on your organs, it builds cholesterol in your arteries ETC that is just facts, you can love yourself and still try to get healthy ...I know Callie Thorpe gets a lot of hate on tattle but atleast she acknowledges that her weight is not healthy and she is doing things like yoga to keep herself active.

essentially, making healthy changes to reduce your body fat for your health doesn’t mean you can’t love yourself in the moment that you are in now! But Grace just doesn’t get that or doesn’t want to admit to it because then she’d actually have to make changes

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m glad she acknowleded the reality of her situation and how critical the medical care and modern day technology was to her survival. I don’t think I would have been able to engage with her content had she carried on with that attitude. And I actually enjoy her content, but you can’t attempt to make your followers do all sorts of mental gymnastics to see this horrific ordeal as a win. This is real life, and actual peoples lives are at stake. She’s always prided herself on her transparency and ‘realness’, and that’s one of the reasons I’ve liked her content, so why she had to come out all guns blazing and almost afraid of appearing weak, is just beyond me. I hope she makes a full recovery and is back to making content again soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m glad she acknowleded the reality of her situation and how critical the medical care and modern day technology was to her survival. I don’t think I would have been able to engage with her content had she carried on with that attitude. And I actually enjoy her content, but you can’t attempt to make your followers do all sorts of mental gymnastics to see this horrific ordeal as a win. This is real life, and actual peoples lives are at stake. She’s always prided herself on her transparency and ‘realness’, and that’s one of the reasons I’ve liked her content, so why she had to come out all guns blazing and almost afraid of appearing weak, is just beyond me. I hope she makes a full recovery and is back to making content again soon.
Where did she admit that? Was it today? If so that still doesn't take away from her disgusting attitude the last week.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Lee isn’t heroic for looking after his own baby he’s heroic because I cannot imagine dealing with an infant born premature delivered because his mothers condition was so severe that they had to advance his birth. And then grace being put in a coma, the heartbreak and fear of her not waking up and potentially leaving their child motherless must’ve been awful.
Why do you guys continue to act like you know what's going on behind the scenes? Are you getting a different internet feed? I've seen plenty of men and some women completely check out on their families when tit got too rough. I don't have an opinion one way or another about Lee's participation except that I know that I don't know. Whereas some of you are off in soap opera world where you are optimistically assuming the best levels of care and participation and lapping it up with an empathy spoon.

Hello, you don't know these people and what they've shown you in the past has been pretty awful. Doesn't mean they don't deserve compassion, but people are filling in blanks with what they want to believe.

Reactions: 9
Why do you guys continue to act like you know what's going on behind the scenes? Are you getting a different internet feed? I've seen plenty of men and some women completely check out on their families when tit got too rough. I don't have an opinion one way or another about Lee's participation except that I know that I don't know. Whereas some of you are off in soap opera world where you are optimistically assuming the best levels of care and participation and lapping it up with an empathy spoon.

Hello, you don't know these people and what they've shown you in the past has been pretty awful. Doesn't mean they don't deserve compassion, but people are filling in blanks with what they want to believe.
Everything @snarkellie has said it what has been put into the public forum by Grace and her own family... I think it’s pretty unlikely Charleigh and Grace would be praising Lee to the extent they have been if the guy had just bounced. Let’s be sensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.