Grace Victory #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, I think she’ll need to focus on just learning to live again at this point. She won’t be able to exercise for a while, probably won’t even be able to cook for herself.

She’s still in hospital, and separated from her son. It’s going to be 10x harder for her to live a healthy lifestyle now, so don’t be surprised if she doesn’t manage it.

Just to carry on this.

Healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean she’s going to get out for a jog every morning, I mean generally. Lee can cook for her, or learn how to, and together as her body learns to move and operate again they can introduce light exercising. It’s for the sake of her life and her son, incredibly selfish if she continues eating tit and doing nothing in the future when she’s better.

I do think she’ll resume life as it was though and pile the pounds on as she was

Reactions: 21
I see she has thanked the NHS on her most recent twitter update. Finally.

Reactions: 21
I think someone from her team had a word with her.

If she wants to cash in on this (which we know she will) it will go down like a led balloon if the NHS Aren’t mentioned or thanked when they have been a massive part of Covid.

Reactions: 32
it’s not ok for her to act like her hope healed herself. if she hadn’t been in hospital, with care of the NHS, hope alone, miracles and manifestations, would not have been enough to save her. Perhaps her book will thank them, or something like that. she must know they saved her, despite her not taking it seriously and having risk factors she ignored. It’s amazing that she survived, I’m sure nobody is ignoring that. But at the end of the day, it was only due to the care she received

• Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 504597

Their baby is a cutie, I wonder what name they chose?
I know I’m about to get eaten alive but I find comments like this so creepy, it’s bad enough they all force their kids to work from conception we don’t need to indulge it here. I’m sure you’ll hear about every single bowel movement once she secures the bag via a mamas and papas sponsored YouTube series.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I know I’m about to get eaten alive but I find comments like this so creepy, it’s bad enough they all force their kids to work from conception we don’t need to indulge it here. I’m sure you’ll hear about every single bowel movement once she secures the bag via a mamas and papas sponsored YouTube series.
I don't think she'll be able to get back on YT that soon...

The baby is really cute!

Reactions: 7
No offence intended by it, I personally wouldn't share my child online so I understand your view. After all that's happened though showing a basic interest when someone has chosen to share isn't creepy to me.

Reactions: 48
View attachment 504597

Their baby is a cutie, I wonder what name they chose?
Looks like she has/had a tracheotomy. That is hard to recover from I have read. I wonder can she speak?

I just read this... "The median survival after tracheostomy was 21 months (range, 0-155 months). The survival rate was 65% by 1 year and 45% by 2 years after tracheostomy."

I don't think she's out of the woods yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
No offence intended by it, I personally wouldn't share my child online so I understand your view. After all that's happened though showing a basic interest when someone has chosen to share isn't creepy to me.
Sorry I was a witch, I just find any interest in influencer kids weird, I know they bring it on themselves cos they set them out to work like Victorian paupers but it doesn’t make it less grim IMO x

Reactions: 11
Looks like she has/had a tracheotomy. That is hard to recover from I have read. I wonder can she speak?

I just read this... "The median survival after tracheostomy was 21 months (range, 0-155 months). The survival rate was 65% by 1 year and 45% by 2 years after tracheostomy."

My best friend had a trachy a few years ago and she was hoarse for months after it came out. She’s actually done really well and her voice is more or less back to normal, but yeah, it was difficult at first - she was really raspy and it was super tiring.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Pleased the little man looks so healthy given he was a bit early.

Im bored of her now, pleased she’s made it but can’t really be bothered with the 99% rubbish she spouts. Wish her well and all but unless she radically reassess her weight it’ll be the same story this time next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

That is for patients with ALS and does not aply to Grace,
This study is COVID specific https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7399582/

Reactions: 23
She’s really been gravely unwell. We are shocked how bad it was, surely she must be!

Did the person who contacted Gleam hear anything back?

Reactions: 4
Beautiful baby, he looks well considering he is prem.

As for the Tracheostomy my mum had one in icu years back, easier to get off the ventilation slowly via the tracheostomy. She recovered quite well from it but took a while to find her voice properly, it was hoarse for a while. She hated not being able to talk with her normal voice! She was only vented for a short time too.

I read an article that speech and language therapists are having to work with covid icu patients post ventilation as their larynx/vocal
Chords are often damaged and need rehab.

This will be a very slow and steady recovery for Grace. She may have complex
problems post covid infection and then added complications from being long term vented. It’s not an easy journey.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.