Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
Does she not realise it was most likely a vivid dream 😂
When people are in comas they often have really vivid dreams/hallucinations they they can't decipher from reality. It can often be very scary and traumatizing for them.
Tbh I am surprised Grace didn't wait to announce she was awake until Easter Sunday... Yknow rising like Jesus since she thinks she's a miracle.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

Chip1984

VIP Member
The thing is though, I’m not convinced that many morbidly obese people care about this?

You don’t start off morbidly obese, you get there gradually. There would have been a point in Grace’s life when she could do all of this, and I suspect she wasn’t particularly keen to and thus it even probably contributed to her weight gain.

I don’t know, I know everyone is different but when I think about people I’ve known for a long time who’ve continued to get larger as they get older, they are basically resistant to movement, and always have been. I don’t even mean being sporty either - personally I’m not sporty at all, but I was always very into walking and just ‘doing stuff’ and always fidgeting, compared to those who would be happier sitting around and watching TV all day (especially when we were young).
I'm morbidly obese and I certainly care! I've had serious mental health issues which have contributed to me being the size I am now. I know I need to move more, eat healthier etc and I am working on this now I'm in a better place with my mental health.

I don't kid myself that I'm healthy like Grace does - I hate the state that I have gotten myself into. I hate being out of breath, sweating all the time, having aching joints etc. I was an active person before I had a breakdown.

There are many reasons why people end up seriously overweight; I don't think it's helpful to tar us all with the same brush and think we are all resistant to movement.

• Heart

snarkellie

I don't think anyone actually knows who has been looking after the baby or what Lee has been up to all this time. Obviously we all sympathize with the family, but I don't understand posts that seem to be assuming without context that Char or Lee have been basically heroic during all this.
Lee isn’t heroic for looking after his own baby he’s heroic because I cannot imagine dealing with an infant born premature delivered because his mothers condition was so severe that they had to advance his birth. And then grace being put in a coma, the heartbreak and fear of her not waking up and potentially leaving their child motherless must’ve been awful.

Ejo27

Chatty Member
It was when she said "at lot of you dont have the capacity to beleive what I saw in my coma" for me. She honestly thinks she is the messiah 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

dakanabelle

I think when you go through a major health event like that, it really affects your personal sense of safety. You realise just how fragile you are as a person and the things you read about happening to other people can happen to you.

From personal experience, I’m a trainee psychologist, people on the other side of a traumatic event tend to be really shaken and anxious, try to pretend that everything is fine and they can go back to normal or they have a massive zest for life and want to make the most of every moment.

I think Grace falls into the shaken and anxious camp but is using bravado to try and manage those feelings since it’s a probably closer to the person she considers herself to be. She was pretty assertive and active, so something like this could have really deeply affected her sense of self. It’s quite normal for people to try and go to the other extreme because accepting what’s happened and how it impacted you is really difficult. People that are prideful, extraverted, confidence etc. Tend to struggle with this the most.

So while her tweets seem quite arrogant or inappropriate, the situation is still quite fresh and I imagine there’s a lot of things she’s struggling to accept or acknowledge. Which is fine, I think what a lot of people forget that even if you are in therapy there is a period of time in which people have to warm up to the idea of being affected in certain ways

Obviously I don’t know Grace and I’ve never had any sessions with her, from a purely psychological point of view she’s got a LOT of things to unpack that will go back way before the coma, but adding all of what’s happened in the last few months on top, she’s got a long road ahead of her.

I know a lot of people here haven’t liked her responses and that’s fine, but I guess what I’m trying to say that the way she’s acting online isn’t actually that uncommon. I hope she’s actively engaging with her therapist and makes progress but it’s a very long road, so when you’re making these critiques of her just consider that the “worst” parts of herself are going to be amplified for a while as these tend to be our trauma responses.

I guess I’m writing this just in case someone reading this has been through a traumatic event, health related or otherwise, and feels that they’re not reacting in the “right” way, can feel just a little more comforted. I see patients on a daily basis who echo the critiques made here about Grace about themselves and it really hampers the healing process.

If I had to make one recommendation to Grace it would be to come off social media and focus on her healing journey. But I think this will be an eternal battle with my patients under 35, it’s very embedded into our culture.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Please tell me that isn’t their house??! It looks very dated.

That how I carry my clean laundry upstairs!!
In fairness I think we’re so over saturated with ~aspirational lifestyle imagery on Insta we’ve forgotten what normal houses look like? For a young couple on a modest income the IKEA sofa bed / wilkos lamps / random weird figures gifted by boomer family is a perfectly normal aesthetic, it’s the grifters on Insta being gifted everything under the sun who’ve made us think otherwise.

(Obviously it’s not to my taste lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I’m talking about other forms of medication that’s been been given. The vaccine has everything that’ll send you to a hospital bed, if not with a blood clot then something else in the near future. Listen, this is just my opinion and my choice. If people want to take it then that’s their business, I don’t want it and many people I know don’t either. That’s that. But all I am saying is that Grace has probably had it already but I think the coma / other medication she had prior may have caused hair loss. Plus lots of stress too.
Just ur opinion, not even trying to pretend this is a view that’s been developed with any formal medical education or research looool gotta respect the honesty I suppose.

Pls can we not have anti vaxx shit bringing the tone of the place down, I’m sure m*msnet will have a moron or three to discuss these ridiculous ideas with.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

queenamber

VIP Member
I recall her sister cutting her hair off too. Grace has a very loose curl pattern so it’ll be back in no time. If she had 4b or 4c hair it would probably take longer.

But I definitely think it’s medication that’s caused hair loss. It’s a shame because she has lovely hair. It’ll be back though.
In the space of two comments you've said you're anti-vax and blamed life-saving medication for causing hair loss. Are you sure you're not Grace 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 53

consumerism makes u free

ty for trying to class up a trashy gossip site, crispycat22. A real civilizing influence. Many depraved people here awaiting some kind of moral guidance from an outraged lurker addict of said trashy website. It is arrived. Praise be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

frillylilly

Chatty Member
I’d suspect that the doctors told her how ill she was and gave her two options: hope to pull through or c-section to get the baby out. I’m assuming that’s what she means because if she expects everyone to believe that she requested major surgery and the doctors just did it then she’s tapped. She literally cannot stop lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

openbook1

VIP Member
I've been a creeper (& proud) on this site for a while purely out of curiosity but I've just found this thread and christ on a bike it's fucking grotesque. Some of you have a brass neck making the comments you do about a previously comatose woman.

To sit down and type atrocities on your crumb-covered phones with zero remorse or consideration for what Grace, her family (Inc her son) have been through in the last three months. I honestly feel sorry for some of you because your lives must really be going down the shitter if you've got time to sit around all day and make vile comments about her weight. And don't get me started on the speculation about the medical procedures she's undergone and recovery time.

Ultimately, if she hadn't have came back to social media, some of you troglodytes would have nish to talk about so I think she's done you a solid
Are you reading the same thread? Many of us have shown compassion for Grace and her family over the last 3 months, in fact her thread was closed until last week out of respect so no one would troll. Many of us are horrified by her obnoxious tweets though, acting like because she is "her" she survived covid which is very upsetting for members who've lost someone they know to the disease. Grace did not even thank the medical staff or mention them until yesterday likely cause she was getting backlash for not thanking those who saved her life. I still feel for Grace in regards to what she has gone through but her attitude stinks. Her experience has not humbled her in the least.

• Heart
Reactions: 51