Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posting this after buying ‘adopting’ her designer puppy :rolleyes:
View attachment 134515
Jesus, she 'adopted' a doodle puppy, the MOST sought after dog, and she's posting about this?! I have a Romanian Rescue and I love him but he's hard work, he's commitment, and he looks like a true mutt. I don't have the money for a behaviourist so we just muddle on.. With Grace's resources she could rescue and provide for a truly needy animal.

Reactions: 4
First post since moving over from the GG thread...

I've just watched the TALA stories on instagram and jesus, it's clear to see that Grace only employs people who worship the ground she walks on. Fair enough you can like your boss but it's just bizarre to be THAT far up their arse😐

The poor girl sounds like she's trapped in a bloody cult!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
First post since moving over from the GG thread...

I've just watched the TALA stories on instagram and jesus, it's clear to see that Grace only employs people who worship the ground she walks on. Fair enough you can like your boss but it's just bizarre to be THAT far up their arse😐

The poor girl sounds like she's trapped in a bloody cult!
The EA said she is now working in her dream job I was like ........what.

And she probs needs to employ people like that as 2 people we've seen literally have their professional lives / financial security dedicated to building Grace up as an influencer brand and not just for Tala but across her three companies.

The EA said in one story Grace was so kind for letting her have evenings and weekends off

Then in another she was saying how she would feel trapped in a 9-5 job so this was perfect

Then in another she told people to work on weekends to take the stress off Mondays

Then In another that grace knows she can contact her whenever

.... so basically she is on call 24/7. That sounds absolutely horrible

• Wow
Reactions: 19
These tala takeovers I do quite enjoy, it's all so oat milk tumeric latte basic.

It's like they're trying to be a parody. Edamame pasta with truffle 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The EA said in one story Grace was so kind for letting her have evenings and weekends off

Then in another she was saying how she would feel trapped in a 9-5 job so this was perfect

Then in another she told people to work on weekends to take the stress off Mondays

Then In another that grace knows she can contact her whenever

.... so basically she is on call 24/7. That sounds absolutely horrible
Very Devil Wears Prada....maybe that’s who Grace is trying to base herself on
The EA sounds very downtrodden, I hope she’s paid very very well

Reactions: 5
The markup on the non clothing products is so easy to find.

Bamboo cutlery £0.51 bought in bulk (delivered for free if you buy 10 at 92p). Tala bamboo cutlery £25 + £5 delivery. It comes in a bigger case and is branded, but still absolutely ridiculous markup. They probably come from the same place and tala is no more ethical.
Screenshot_2020-05-21-10-18-00-066_com.android.chrome.jpg

Tala
Screenshot_2020-05-21-10-18-23-163_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
TWENTY FIVE POUNDS ARE YOU bleeping SHITTING ME. For some wooden utensils.

It is truly the end of days. Capitalism has finally eaten itself. Vive la révolution.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It doesn't even make any sense having bamboo reusable cutlery as they won't last long. Good idea to replace plastic at wholefoods for single use. But you can get a metal spoon, fork and knife set that clips together from the pound shop that will last way longer than bamboo and can be recycled. Although that might get confiscated at an airport.

Reactions: 7
The markup on the non clothing products is so easy to find.

Bamboo cutlery £0.51 bought in bulk (delivered for free if you buy 10 at 92p). Tala bamboo cutlery £25 + £5 delivery. It comes in a bigger case and is branded, but still absolutely ridiculous markup. They probably come from the same place and tala is no more ethical.
View attachment 134860

Tala
View attachment 134861
It's really insane like these white vegan save the world sustainability bs girls are all doing the same tit. Healthy chef steph does this too (literally hilariously at the same time as tala and they still have to publicly state they can still support each other and do the same tit).

What's even more insane and hilarious is that when ppl call Grace out for this, her minions are all "what's wrong with expanding a business, you're supposed to do whatever you can to remain competitive" and whatever it is that they say to literally excuse Grace from anything that they'd blame others for. Like ok even fashion nova and gymshark in all their lack of sustainability aren't parading utensils around.

Reactions: 15
It doesn't even make any sense having bamboo reusable cutlery as they won't last long. Good idea to replace plastic at wholefoods for single use. But you can get a metal spoon, fork and knife set that clips together from the pound shop that will last way longer than bamboo and can be recycled. Although that might get confiscated at an airport.
Yeh my mum got me some bamboo straws which I use for Diet Coke, they have totally stained and don’t seem suitable for use on liquid, the thick plastic one I got in IKEA has fared much better

Reactions: 1
Me too! I've tried both metal and bamboo and metal wins hands down!
Yeh my mum got me some bamboo straws which I use for Diet Coke, they have totally stained and don’t seem suitable for use on liquid, the thick plastic one I got in IKEA has fared much better
Me too! I've tried both metal and bamboo and metal wins hands down! Lasts much longer, far easier to clean and doesn't stain. Bamboo straws are always much thicker as well, so much less comfortable to drink out of.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ok, so this will likely be the only post I ever make on a forum like this but I felt I needed to share my experience discovering, following and subsequently not trusting and unfollowing grace/tala in the last few months.

First time I saw Grace, she came up on my LinkedIn. I read the article about her that was shared and was amazed - an influencer that had tried to use her business acumen for more than merch, but to create a sustainable affordable active wear brand. A girl the same age as me, doing amazing things and making big moves in a hugely male-dominated business world. Inspiring! All I had were feelings of respect and admiration. I sort of forgot about her after that, but followed her on LinkedIn to keep up with her success.

Now, I should explain: I'm VERY into sustainable living. I'm a climate activist, vegan, don't buy brand new clothes apart from ethical small brands kind of girl. I've been working on ethical fashion projects for 6 years. I follow a lot of sustainability influencers, including @sustainablyvegan. She posted about Tala underwear and how great they are for a young company. I remembered who that was made and followed Tala. Initially with plans to make an order as I'd recently started getting really into fitness and was looking for good-quality, sustainable fitness gear I could afford as a broke, renting student. I also followed Grace. This is when it starts to unravel.

Firstly, her insane wealth flaunting bothered me. I wondered how she could be SO wealthy from her businesses/influencing, so did some digging - she comes from some dirty, powerful money. Nothing ethical about how her family got rich. Doing up her house, there was NO focus on "sustainability". She absolutely has the coin to source second hand and be more responsible about her choices. That struck me as odd given the image she tries to portray. Didn't love it. As an older follower, I also felt she has a responsibility to her younger followers to stress that her lifestyle is abnormal and is more of a result of her privileged background than anything else (who does an internship with an investment bank at 16 without some SERIOUS connections - my friend with a 1st class master's degree in international finance can't get one of those because they're SO competitive).

She talks about being vegan, but then posts non-vegan sweets, selfies in her mirror with her non-vegan/cruelty free perfumes etc. in the background. Again, seems like she's suddenly blind to sustainability when it's Chanel she wants. That REALLY bothers me. Privileged white girl using sustainability like it's a disposable trend when the lives of indigenous people are being destroyed by the environmental actions of the companies her and her family are associated with. Green washing gets me SO mad. So at that stage, I unfollowed her as I was sick of her.

Now, TALA. I'll keep this brief. Customer complaints constantly not being addressed, poor quality, "finished" in Portugal (likely made in china, to be finished somewhere you could literally just be putting the tags on), saying bamboo fabric is sustainable (it isn't) and £25 bamboo cutlery. Never answered any of my genuine questions as someone who cares about sustainability and wanted to know more. It's sinister how much they lie/bend the truth/practice green washing. It preys on the good faith of young girls who don't know better and think they're making better choices. Unfollowed them too.

So, there you go. My two month journey through following grace. 0/10, would not do again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Ok, so this will likely be the only post I ever make on a forum like this but I felt I needed to share my experience discovering, following and subsequently not trusting and unfollowing grace/tala in the last few months.

First time I saw Grace, she came up on my LinkedIn. I read the article about her that was shared and was amazed - an influencer that had tried to use her business acumen for more than merch, but to create a sustainable affordable active wear brand. A girl the same age as me, doing amazing things and making big moves in a hugely male-dominated business world. Inspiring! All I had were feelings of respect and admiration. I sort of forgot about her after that, but followed her on LinkedIn to keep up with her success.

Now, I should explain: I'm VERY into sustainable living. I'm a climate activist, vegan, don't buy brand new clothes apart from ethical small brands kind of girl. I've been working on ethical fashion projects for 6 years. I follow a lot of sustainability influencers, including @sustainablyvegan. She posted about Tala underwear and how great they are for a young company. I remembered who that was made and followed Tala. Initially with plans to make an order as I'd recently started getting really into fitness and was looking for good-quality, sustainable fitness gear I could afford as a broke, renting student. I also followed Grace. This is when it starts to unravel.

Firstly, her insane wealth flaunting bothered me. I wondered how she could be SO wealthy from her businesses/influencing, so did some digging - she comes from some dirty, powerful money. Nothing ethical about how her family got rich. Doing up her house, there was NO focus on "sustainability". She absolutely has the coin to source second hand and be more responsible about her choices. That struck me as odd given the image she tries to portray. Didn't love it. As an older follower, I also felt she has a responsibility to her younger followers to stress that her lifestyle is abnormal and is more of a result of her privileged background than anything else (who does an internship with an investment bank at 16 without some SERIOUS connections - my friend with a 1st class master's degree in international finance can't get one of those because they're SO competitive).

She talks about being vegan, but then posts non-vegan sweets, selfies in her mirror with her non-vegan/cruelty free perfumes etc. in the background. Again, seems like she's suddenly blind to sustainability when it's Chanel she wants. That REALLY bothers me. Privileged white girl using sustainability like it's a disposable trend when the lives of indigenous people are being destroyed by the environmental actions of the companies her and her family are associated with. Green washing gets me SO mad. So at that stage, I unfollowed her as I was sick of her.

Now, TALA. I'll keep this brief. Customer complaints constantly not being addressed, poor quality, "finished" in Portugal (likely made in china, to be finished somewhere you could literally just be putting the tags on), saying bamboo fabric is sustainable (it isn't) and £25 bamboo cutlery. Never answered any of my genuine questions as someone who cares about sustainability and wanted to know more. It's sinister how much they lie/bend the truth/practice green washing. It preys on the good faith of young girls who don't know better and think they're making better choices. Unfollowed them too.

So, there you go. My two month journey through following grace. 0/10, would not do again.
Yes, well put. I was also going to point out that the “hand finished in Portugal” claim is shady, like you say all it takes is a small element to be put on in that country to use that claim. Where is it actually made?

Yes, well put. I was also going to point out that the “hand finished in Portugal” claim is shady, like you say all it takes is a small element to be put on in that country to use that claim. Where is it actually made?
I work in the development sector and most recently on labour issues (specifically modern day slavery) and I can confirm literally from governments from the US to UK to China all the way to frickin Grace Beverley that the little gaps and nuances in literal legislation and policies are manipulated hardcore and taken advantage of to maximize profit no matter how much it hurts people on the way (but i see some of you already knew that so her minions are literal idiots). It's the horrors of capitalism that even the most well meaning and transparent companies can be complicit in (and no you're not part of this Grace). It's really difficult to get companies to truly care and they have to be proven through policy and data that they aren't gonna lose profits for "caring about people" :sick: :sick: :sick: I've seen how Grace talks about labour issues, she barely covers the surface much less understands the horrible world of the supply chain that goes from the west to developing countries. She's just popular and her bs sells because the majority of her supporters are privileged white western girls (not that there is anything wrong with being any of this but the point is that these people need to realise they are very far removed from such issues and some probably don't even know what's exactly happening / Grace is the first person they heard it from). Even per labour sector, per country, per age group, per nationality, the issues can be starkly different - there's such specific tit to consider but she just throws in some tit you can literally google from the intro section of a DFID or UN programme or whatever and everyone's like wow 🤩 girlboss goals wow.

But will she ever have a discussion with ppl like us about it? No because we are just haters. Now that I've written this out in black and white, I realised her marketing technique is actually very disgusting. She's capitalising from circumstances of affected labourers in the global south with her minions thinking they're saving these people's lives by buying her broken products and there's no words for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm vegan too and it baffles me how much designer non-vegan stuff Grace owns and doesn't care about because "it's second hand so it's fine". When you have a platform that big, people aren't going to see the company you bought it through, they just see a leather belt. Not to mention when she bought that £2.5k wool suit for the Tala launch- how can you be vegan, launching a vegan and sustainable company and wearing a designer wool suit to the launch party? Like it's not like she had that lying around from before she went vegan (like some of my perfumes I'm still working through and I'll be three years vegan at the end of this year). She had her PO box open for a long time and still had so many non-vegan brands sending her makeup and then defending it because it was gifted so it's not like she spent money on it.

Reactions: 18
I'm vegan too and it baffles me how much designer non-vegan stuff Grace owns and doesn't care about because "it's second hand so it's fine". When you have a platform that big, people aren't going to see the company you bought it through, they just see a leather belt. Not to mention when she bought that £2.5k wool suit for the Tala launch- how can you be vegan, launching a vegan and sustainable company and wearing a designer wool suit to the launch party? Like it's not like she had that lying around from before she went vegan (like some of my perfumes I'm still working through and I'll be three years vegan at the end of this year). She had her PO box open for a long time and still had so many non-vegan brands sending her makeup and then defending it because it was gifted so it's not like she spent money on it.
I'm vegetarian for many reasons, not just ethical. I originally gave up meat so I would cook better. I still don't feel comfortable buying leather goods, I'd feel so hypocritical doing that, even though I'm not someone who advertises how ethical I am.

I think this taps in to the wider problem, not just with influencers but with people as a whole. I work in a very well paid job and I'm in my late 20s, so I'm surrounded by middle class people with a decent sum of money. It's ridiculous the number of people constantly sharing about all the emissions from eating meat, but then buying imported food and flying on multiple long haul holidays a year. I think I saw (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the carbon emissions from going vegan from eating meat, are about the same as 1 long haul (6 hours+) return trip a year.
It's also similar with people sharing those horrible videos of animal abuse as part of the food process. It's true those things are awful, and if everyone knew that then yes, they wouldn't eat them. However, for this exact reason most of thes practices are illegal on UK.

I know I may seem like I'm bashing people for being vegan. 100% not. It's the best thing in terms of animal welfare and living a sustainable life. It's a personal choice that I applaud people for making.
However I believe people who chose to lecture and profiteer off this should make their arguments with well researched facts, and should not be hypocritical in their actions.

Sorry that turned in to a rant!

Reactions: 9
I don’t believe she’s actually vegan. She posted a pic of a poke bowl a while back and there was definitely raw fish on there. I know you can get some decent meat/fish substitutes now but nothing that looks like raw tuna

Reactions: 6
She gets away with saying stuff like / her minions also say "ppl bash on vegans for not getting 100% right when a little effort goes so far". That concept holds its own merits but her hypocrisy is really noticeable bc she will also say stuff like "i don't eat rotten flesh" and wear literal rotten flesh turned into something else slapped with £££ price tags.

Agreed the carbon emissions for imports and flights and such are awful. The demand for vegan produce really damages indigenous farmers too (i.e. avocado, soybeans). Tbf imho, all of this is more of a capitalism problem as opposed to lifestyle choices (i.e there should be environmental taxation / fines on companies for their emissions and factory farming) but these very massive wealthy powerful corporations will lobby until their death against it and keep pointing at the fault of demand (ironically like Grace 🧐) when the demand will always be there (people need to eat lol). But I believe if people were given genuinely better, cleaner, options that are priced properly and have the least negative damage to the earth, they will take it. The majority of the world can't really avoid imports and many of us can't avoid travelling (for work or family living abroad) sadly.

This is really straying away from Grace sorry lol. Anyways, I was bored and watching her trip to france vlog and they were serving salads for lunch and she really went out of her way to say the feta cheese, the tuna, and eggs were not for her like bruh we get it you don't have to keep pointing at every animal produce and remind us you're a fake vegan lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.