Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still very confused about this 40,000 words thing when an undergrad dissertation is 10,000.
At oxford for some courses they can drop and exam and have a second dissertation and some of the extended essays are close to 10,000 so it’ll have been for 4-5 modules

Reactions: 1
At oxford for some courses they can drop and exam and have a second dissertation and some of the extended essays are close to 10,000 so it’ll have been for 4-5 modules
I'm just very suspicious of her when she talks about her uni course, the number of times she was writing a 3,000 word essay on a question from a list and calling it a dissertation was ridiculous.

Reactions: 15
She doesn’t even try to be subtle with the bragging anymore 😂 ...also... what was that about genflow
honestly its so crigne worthy seeing her brag constantly 24/7... like sis, we're in the middle of a pandemic, read the room xx

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The funniest thing is that this is not unique to Oxford at all. I went to KCL and in my final year I had a mandatory 10,000 dissertation, another optional 10,000 word dissertation that could be taken instead of four shorter essays and 2 x mandatory 5000 word essays. So 40,000 words in total. I don't remember anyone bragging or even giving a tit about this. I think most students in their final year end up producing similar amounts of work. Typical oxbridge student who takes every chance to brag about how intellectually superior oxbridge and its graduates are but misses the irony that if they were that smart then they might have a more nuanced view of oxbridge>all other uni's. It reminds me of when she said in an old vlog that the libraries at Oxford are open 24hrs because the workload is so intense....um most UK uni's have 24hr libraries lol

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The funniest thing is that this is not unique to Oxford at all. I went to KCL and in my final year I had a mandatory 10,000 dissertation, another optional 10,000 word dissertation that could be taken instead of four shorter essays and 2 x mandatory 5000 word essays. So 40,000 words in total. I don't remember anyone bragging or even giving a tit about this. I think most students in their final year end up producing similar amounts of work. Typical oxbridge student who takes every chance to brag about how intellectually superior oxbridge and its graduates are but misses the irony that if they were that smart then they might have a more nuanced view of oxbridge>all other uni's. It reminds me of when she said in an old vlog that the libraries at Oxford are open 24hrs because the workload is so intense....um most UK uni's have 24hr libraries lol
I agree with everything you've said about Grace but I just want to put it out there that not all Oxbridge students are like her. I went to Oxford (back in the day lol) and like to think that I'm not as insufferable as she comes across sometimes. I didn't do music and don't really know the structure of the course but I laugh at her each time she mentions the 40,000 words thing. The Oxford workload is intense but it's not like students at other unis are just sitting round doing nothing all day. Long story short, Grace is just an exaggerating idiot as usual.

Actually now I've started, Grace pretty much embodies what I hated most about Oxford. I worked my ass off as a first gen student to get there, never took anything for granted etc. Then you have Grace who get missed her grades (twice I think?), no doubt had unbelievable help with applications from her school, doesn't seem to give a duck about her subject and never does any of the 'Oxford-y' stuff that makes the place what it is.

Sorry for the little off-topic rant, I just used to see Oxford as so inaccessible before I applied and Grace's attitude towards her education and Oxford specifically drive me mad. There is so much more to life than Oxford but I've mentored people from less privileged backgrounds who have literally been crying down the phone to me after not getting a place, so seeing Grace fail to acknowledge any kind of privilege she has in this respect really gets to me.

Reactions: 24
I agree with everything you've said about Grace but I just want to put it out there that not all Oxbridge students are like her. I went to Oxford (back in the day lol) and like to think that I'm not as insufferable as she comes across sometimes. I didn't do music and don't really know the structure of the course but I laugh at her each time she mentions the 40,000 words thing. The Oxford workload is intense but it's not like students at other unis are just sitting round doing nothing all day. Long story short, Grace is just an exaggerating idiot as usual.

Actually now I've started, Grace pretty much embodies what I hated most about Oxford. I worked my ass off as a first gen student to get there, never took anything for granted etc. Then you have Grace who get missed her grades (twice I think?), no doubt had unbelievable help with applications from her school, doesn't seem to give a duck about her subject and never does any of the 'Oxford-y' stuff that makes the place what it is.

Sorry for the little off-topic rant, I just used to see Oxford as so inaccessible before I applied and Grace's attitude towards her education and Oxford specifically drive me mad. There is so much more to life than Oxford but I've mentored people from less privileged backgrounds who have literally been crying down the phone to me after not getting a place, so seeing Grace fail to acknowledge any kind of privilege she has in this respect really gets to me.
It's hilarious no one even knows about other universities workloads because their students don't spend every waking second bragging about it. I think Grace worked hard at Oxford it is just that nothing about this is remarkable, it is a pretty standard achievement for people of her class/wealth. Even Oxford being discussed in terms of it being inaccessible to less privileged students gets tiring. I actually just wish Grace and everyone else would stop buying into its intellectual superiority and just shut up and attend uni and graduate like every other student.

Reactions: 4
It's hilarious no one even knows about other universities workloads because their students don't spend every waking second bragging about it. I think Grace worked hard at Oxford it is just that nothing about this is remarkable, it is a pretty standard achievement for people of her class/wealth. Even Oxford being discussed in terms of it being inaccessible to less privileged students gets tiring. I actually just wish Grace and everyone else would stop buying into its intellectual superiority and just shut up and attend uni and graduate like every other student.
I don't want to derail this thread completely into a discussion of universities in general. What I will say is that there is a massive access issue at Oxford that is more ingrained and nuanced than mainstream discussion tends to make it out to be. Of course, this isn't a purely Oxford issue - many top unis in the UK suffer from similar problems. This isn't really the place for me to go into a more in-depth discussion though, so I'll leave it there and we can all get back to commenting on Grace rather than Oxford students in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Wow, just got caught up with her instastories... this girl is INSUFFERABLE. She is so unaware of how she comes across. I cannot stand her.

Reactions: 11
Wow, just got caught up with her instastories... this girl is INSUFFERABLE. She is so unaware of how she comes across. I cannot stand her.
I just saw a couple and gave up..cannot believe she went on holiday to wherever it was without fine signal shortly after starting a business.. wtf.. she must be the only “entrepreneur “ to do that

Reactions: 5

This she makes out other unis have it chill my degree is intense I’m not just sat around all day

Reactions: 8
Very random but does anyone remember her friend Oenone? Also blonde into fitness etc? She was in her videos sometimes, they seem not to be friends at all anymore. Any ideas what happened?

Regardless of the reasons for moving to China and the standards they have in the factory there, it's still wrong of them to mislead customers like that. I've seen the whole "produced ethically and sustainably in Portugal" narrative pushed a lot and they really should have updated the website sooner, it doesn't take that long.

Reactions: 10
Very random but does anyone remember her friend Oenone? Also blonde into fitness etc? She was in her videos sometimes, they seem not to be friends at all anymore. Any ideas what happened?
No idea but Grace tends to lose friends every so often. Same happened with Chessie and Healthy Chef Steph as well. 🤷‍♀️

Although on a side note I really like Oenone’s podcast! She is really good at keeping discussion going.

Reactions: 4
I like Oenone, i think she recognises her privilege and is open to receive criticism from people.
I’m not sure what’s gone on between her and Grace, but i listened to one of Oenones podcasts the other day with Ban Hass and they discussed the problem with influencers. It was a really interesting listen, and a lot of what they discussed in the first half could be related to Grace (like the problem of influencer’s followers jumping on anyone with a smaller following who says something they perceive to be ‘negative’ about their favourite influencer).

Hopefully the link works! Otherwise it’s episode #49 of Adulting

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
No idea but Grace tends to lose friends every so often. Same happened with Chessie and Healthy Chef Steph as well. 🤷‍♀️

Although on a side note I really like Oenone’s podcast! She is really good at keeping discussion going.
yeh i agree she is very good , had totally forgotten about those other friends 😯

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.