Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet no one even asked her for the productivity posts she’s just trying to plant the seed for people to feel the need to buy her book. And if people criticise her post she’ll just say ‘you guys asked for it’

Also her comment on her latest post saying she’s had that saint Laurent bag for years before she was vegan. But didn’t she get £5 a month from her parents according to her? Yet all these designer items she claims she already owned...
that £5 a month thing has to be a lie, at that point why bother giving anything? (unless you are a small child, like when you get £1 a week pocket money)

Grace is so weird and back at arguing against commenters
ugh, if you wanted to promote veganism surely you would say you didn't feel comfortable giving details as you didn't want to promote the use of animcal products? I think 7 hours of her 10 - 5 work day must be arguing on twitter

Reactions: 12
wait I used to follow that girl (daly.fit) and only unfollowed bc she kept defending tala after her clothes ripped 😂😂 I imagine she doesn’t have such a high opinion of grace now! jesus, imagine losing support just bc someone had a valid critique of you and you responded like an absolute dick!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I like to think I'm a pretty chill vegan, but I have a hard time believing you're vegan if you constantly flaunt your leather products. Just say you follow a plant-based diet and be done with it. It'd be one thing if it was a generic leather bag from years ago, but it's a trendy, statement bag that other people might want to buy. When you have the number of followers she does your fashion choices don't exist in a vacuum, and it's obvious from the comments people already want the bag she is holding.

It's weird that she uses the argument that she had the bag from years ago as a defence when we know she has constantly bought new leather products since being vegan. I don't believe that buying all your leather products from secondhand/vintage sites is suddenly ethical - especially when it comes to luxury goods, purchases from the secondhand market feed back to the primary market, fuelling demand. You have to be deluded to believe that buying a Fendi bag from Vestiaire Collective instead of Selfridges suddenly means that you aren't impacting the overall demand for Fendi bags. I completely understand not suddenly throwing away all your leather goods, but continuing to purchase them secondhand from big retailers is hardly the actions of an ethical vegan.

And note that when she first went vegan, she was absolutely taking the stance of an ethical vegan (i.e. she went vegan because she didn't want to contribute to animal suffering), but her flaunting of leather goods tells me she isn't too concerned with this anymore. I think she is trying to promote the environmental veganism approach - i.e. it's okay to wear a dead animal because vegan bags are made of plastic and that's way worse because plastic is the devil, which is a bit a tenuous ethical justification.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I like to think I'm a pretty chill vegan, but I have a hard time believing you're vegan if you constantly flaunt your leather products. Just say you follow a plant-based diet and be done with it. It'd be one thing if it was a generic leather bag from years ago, but it's a trendy, statement bag that other people might want to buy. When you have the number of followers she does your fashion choices don't exist in a vacuum, and it's obvious from the comments people already want the bag she is holding.

It's weird that she uses the argument that she had the bag from years ago as a defence when we know she has constantly bought new leather products since being vegan. I don't believe that buying all your leather products from secondhand/vintage sites is suddenly ethical - especially when it comes to luxury goods, purchases from the secondhand market feed back to the primary market, fuelling demand. You have to be deluded to believe that buying a Fendi bag from Vestiaire Collective instead of Selfridges suddenly means that you aren't impacting the overall demand for Fendi bags. I completely understand not suddenly throwing away all your leather goods, but continuing to purchase them secondhand from big retailers is hardly the actions of an ethical vegan.

And note that when she first went vegan, she was absolutely taking the stance of an ethical vegan (i.e. she went vegan because she didn't want to contribute to animal suffering), but her flaunting of leather goods tells me she isn't too concerned with this anymore. I think she is trying to promote the environmental veganism approach - i.e. it's okay to wear a dead animal because vegan bags are made of plastic and that's way worse because plastic is the devil, which is a bit a tenuous ethical justification.
Just to add I don't really think the environmental vegan approach should necessarily be called or referred to as veganism, veganism is an animal rights movement and is fundamentally about not harming or exploiting animals for our own personal gain however there are amazing environmental benefits (which lots of people who are vegan for the animals also care about of course) and due to climate change lots of people are now turning vegan for that reason and in recent years the two have kind of been grouped together and the view of veganism tends to be that it's for the environment and to be healthier (when the vegan movement has nothing to do with health) but in my opinion if you go vegan for sustainable reasons and sustainable reasons alone you're plant based and those types of people don't tend to care so much about leather or other vegan debates like horse riding or whether figs are vegan or not or if something is tested on animals (clearly Grace)

It's like i'm vegan for the animals and obviously am concerned about the environment and want to lead a sustainable lifestyle where possible like most people do, but I will shop at Missguided or PLT every now and again (I'm not rich so can't afford the more sustainable options) but i've never said i'm vegan for the environment and it's not harming or exploiting animals so it's not like i'm doing something non-vegan and it's not being a hypocrite, whereas if you're going to present yourself as an environmentalist then yes it would be hence why grace suddenly not caring about wearing and flaunting leather is somewhat hypocritical when that's the route she originally went down caring for animals

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Omg she is such an hole, that girl wasn’t even being rude and grace gave her that vile attitude back for what??
Like if you’re going to preach sustainability and veganism, and then post pics of yourself wearing designer leather products, EXPECT CRITICISM.

Also if you’re going to deck yourself out in all that designer stuff, do your hair and make up and take a mirror selfie at least clear up the back ground a bit. Theres dirty laundry on the side and a bleeping shoe on the table, it just looks sloppy.

her buyings a car makes me laugh so hard... she's so sustainable guys just not poor enough to use public transport thats all
She literally lives in central London and never leaves. Why and how on Earth can she justify buying a car

Reactions: 16
She literally lives in central London and never leaves. Why and how on Earth can she justify buying a car
it just proves she doesn’t give a tit about sustainability, doesn’t it? 😂 Nobody drives in London because there’s no need to, she just wants a flash car to show off

Reactions: 19
she came from nothing but has had a YSL bag costing well over £1000 for years....

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don’t understand why she doesn’t just...post pictures without her leather/suede luxury goods...

I kinda think she only went vegan because she thought it would help her lose weight. And now that she doesn’t really care about fitness anymore she’s not vegan anymore. Idk just a theory

Reactions: 21
I don’t understand why she doesn’t just...post pictures without her leather/suede luxury goods...

I kinda think she only went vegan because she thought it would help her lose weight. And now that she doesn’t really care about fitness anymore she’s not vegan anymore. Idk just a theory
i think she just did jt as it added an extra element to her channel tbh, not just fitness but VEGAN fitness

Reactions: 8
i get the feeling she doesn't even want an electric car because she gives a duck about sustainability... just bcs she won't have to pay congestion charge so will never have to use public transport in central! classic grace to even delegate responsibility from her legs

• Haha
Does Grace not realise that by sharing a story on that says she "created herself from the ground up" is her YET AGAIN denying her privilege?
Just saying "I understand I'm privileged" doesnt work when you share statements like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Does Grace not realise that by sharing a story on that says she "created herself from the ground up" is her YET AGAIN denying her privilege?
Just saying "I understand I'm privileged" doesnt work when you share statements like this.
also werent the basics of her business already created by GenFlow? she just added her face and branding?

Reactions: 18
also werent the basics of her business already created by GenFlow? she just added her face and branding?
this is what confuses me - do the organisations that book Grace to speak realise that another company owns her businesses? It makes no sense that she’s speaking as someone who has built a business from the ground up because she categorically hasn’t

Reactions: 14
Graces sister Sometimes posts pics like this with tala gear
Does she not have to declare it’s been gifted???
I highly doubt grace has her fam scrambling about the crappy website at 6pm on the dot of a launch to try shove some overpriced faulty legging in their cart and pay within approximately 7 seconds

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I bet no one even asked her for the productivity posts she’s just trying to plant the seed for people to feel the need to buy her book. And if people criticise her post she’ll just say ‘you guys asked for it’

Also her comment on her latest post saying she’s had that saint Laurent bag for years before she was vegan. But didn’t she get £5 a month from her parents according to her? Yet all these designer items she claims she already owned...
There's probably a good few years between her earning £5 a month and her turning vegan where she earned more money a month than most of us earn now

Reactions: 3
There's probably a good few years between her earning £5 a month and her turning vegan where she earned more money a month than most of us earn now
I don't know why she expects anyone to believe there was ever a moment where she was struggling financially. Before launching her main businesses she was a Gymshark athlete, had long-term partnerships with brands like PLT/Bulk Powders/Lounge which she did sponsored hauls and instagram posts for, plus the money from her guide (which she always downplays, but guaranteed made her a killing).

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.