Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She will explicitly repeat that she has never not paid someone because it's technically true. She will not go into deal about the specific claims that tens of girls are making about Shreddys exploitative practices because she knows that it's shady (but, technically legal). The idea that so many people have come up with "false allegations" is ridiculous. She can't see past her ego.

Reactions: 17
So Grace is leaning on the whole ‘there’s no proof of withheld payment’, which, I guess, is strictly true. She never promised payment or reimbursement to the microinfluencers. The issue is that she SHOULD have been paying them for their labour, as an “ethical” brand. And that by recommending the creators wear Tala and use B_ND products, she was both getting their money and the free content they produced.
Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m just trying to combat the loop holes she’s using.
I think you hit the nail on the head, none of the creators even said she withheld payment, the point is that for them to do all that work that the company told them to do, shreddy not even use it and then only earn 9£ for the whole thing is just disgustingly unethical business practice

Reactions: 3
So Grace is leaning on the whole ‘there’s no proof of withheld payment’, which, I guess, is strictly true. She never promised payment or reimbursement to the microinfluencers. The issue is that she SHOULD have been paying them for their labour, as an “ethical” brand. And that by recommending the creators wear Tala and use B_ND products, she was both getting their money and the free content they produced.
yeah 100% this - by latching onto this she is wilfully missing the entire point these women are making. to make them “content creators” by selling them a dream of exposure, hopefully gifted items and have them willing to make heaps of content for your brand just to not use it OR pay them for their time/gift? tbh i think the biggest issue here really is that this content didn’t go anywhere! i don’t think these girls would be half as vexed if they’d received the exposure they’d expected when the content they created was actually seeded out across social like they were told...

She will explicitly repeat that she has never not paid someone because it's technically true. She will not go into deal about the specific claims that tens of girls are making about Shreddys exploitative practices because she knows that it's shady (but, technically legal). The idea that so many people have come up with "false allegations" is ridiculous. She can't see past her ego.
Yeah, she’s side stepping the main issue really; the fact that the entire scheme is predatory by nature.

Reactions: 18
Reading those replies she's sending ppl in the comments is actually awful. The way she is talking about these girls like they're just desperate for views 'why I left X videos get the most views on youtube people love the tea' and talking about how she's 'exhausted' from fighting things that aren't true:

This is just the most manipulative, outrageous thing. I feel for those girls who spoke out about it - it should have been a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, they speak about their bad experiences, the brand apologies and commits to do better/offers to gift or reimburse, everyone is happy and PR disaster avoided. Now these girls are being pulled into Grace's meltdown and being manipulated into somehow feeling guilty for it because Grace has distorted the narrative to make herself seem like a personal victim, like these girls are the big powerful villains out to get her personally (even after every single one of them still said they liked the brand and didn't want to upset Grace!), not like she is the head of a company who is having complaints. I can only imagine the anxiety these girls must be feeling reading all of that right now, I honestly think it is absolutely disgusting the way she has handled this.

If any of the girls who spoke up about this are on here - we support you! Don't back down!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The girls are literally saying 'i have no problem with grace I love her!' and grace is coming back with 'people are being manipulated into no longer supporting me'. FAM why does she not have a PR person what CEO is sending these long ass defensive insta messages at quarter to midnight looool

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Yes, that’s how I view the situation (although I may be wrong) From what i have gathered from the couple of posts I’ve seen, the majority of the complaints ARE NOT about Shreddy unlawfully withholding payment, it is about unfair payment way below the industry standard (which was already unfair). Shreddy are having creators spend hours creating professional content and then barely using it. Therefore, as the creators work on commission, they earn no payment in the first place. The scheme is inherently unfair towards these micro creators - Grace has completely failed to acknowledge this and it actually makes it look like she’s misunderstanding the situation where her own company is at the centre.

Also... I don’t care if the reason the commission figure is so low is because you use a separate company - you are the EMPLOYER. YOU dictate how much your employees get paid. If this algorithm or whatever it is you use only pays them 3% then use another company!!!!! This figure is way below an already unfair industry standard and honestly it’s not good enough!!!

Reactions: 24
Whatever the terms of contract- you still required micro influencers in a markedly different financial situation to you, purchase your products to promote for very little return. You preyed on them as fans, for your own financial gain. It is predatory behaviour

Reading those replies she's sending ppl in the comments is actually awful. The way she is talking about these girls like they're just desperate for views 'why I left X videos get the most views on youtube people love the tea' and talking about how she's 'exhausted' from fighting things that aren't true:

This is just the most manipulative, outrageous thing. I feel for those girls who spoke out about it - it should have been a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, they speak about their bad experiences, the brand apologies and commits to do better/offers to gift or reimburse, everyone is happy and PR disaster avoided. Now these girls are being pulled into Grace's meltdown and being manipulated into somehow feeling guilty for it because Grace has distorted the narrative to make herself seem like a personal victim, like these girls are the big powerful villains out to get her personally (even after every single one of them still said they liked the brand and didn't want to upset Grace!), not like she is the head of a company who is having complaints. I can only imagine the anxiety these girls must be feeling reading all of that right now, I honestly think it is absolutely disgusting the way she has handled this.

If any of the girls who spoke up about this are on here - we support you! Don't back down!
Yes! I can't agree more I was talking to one of the girls tonight and she said she's so tired of talking about it she's just drained and was so angry after that shreddy story post. I can't imagine how she's feeling now reading all of that 'woe me' nonsense Grace is spouting in these comments. If she wanted to address it she should have done it on a post or at least her stories not arguing childishly on her post like a 10 year old she's meant to be the CEO of 3 companies for goodness sake! It's embarrassing. Its awful how bad she's making these girls feel who must have been so brave to even contemplate sharing their stories in the first place!

Reactions: 9
People are just stating an opinion on what B_ND/Shreddy are like to work with. I swear Grace would trace people's Glassdoor accounts and sue then for defamation for saying one of her businesses is a crappy employer

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Odds on that Grace was waiting for everyone from genflow to go to bed so that she could get rowdy and defensive on the insta comments

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yes, that’s how I view the situation (although I may be wrong) From what i have gathered from the couple of posts I’ve seen, the majority of the complaints ARE NOT about Shreddy unlawfully withholding payment, it is about unfair payment way below the industry standard (which was already unfair). Shreddy are having creators spend hours creating professional content and then barely using it. Therefore, as the creators work on commission, they earn no payment in the first place. The scheme is inherently unfair towards these micro creators - Grace has completely failed to acknowledge this and it actually makes it look like she’s misunderstanding the situation where her own company is at the centre.

Also... I don’t care if the reason the commission figure is so low is because you use a separate company - you are the EMPLOYER. YOU dictate how much your employees get paid. If this algorithm or whatever it is you use only pays them 3% then use another company!!!!! This figure is way below an already unfair industry standard and honestly it’s not good enough!!!
Same here, but I think she’s doing it strategically. Oh Grace, now who’s “committed to misunderstanding”?

Reactions: 7
Honestly I am so disappointed. For someone who has advocated for fair pay for influencers in the past, it is astonishing that she is treating her creators like this. They are coming forward with genuine complaints, that grace herself has spoken about in the past!

Something being legal and in line with someone’s contract DOES NOT MAKE IT ETHICAL. Paying creators a 3% commission IS NOT ETHICAL! Manipulating creators into making you hours of content and then never paying them IS NOT ETHICAL!!! Legal? Yes. Ethical? No way in hell.

Grace... please just listen to what your creators are saying. You have advocated for young women like this in the past and you yourself were in their position once. Stop accusing people of lying and just listen to what they have to say.

Reactions: 29
Grace #4 - I can't take any criticisms so now I just threaten to sue.

Guys, I genuinely have been wondering if we can possibly use this platform for good or at least use it for a place to gather receipts and info. Like someone importantly pointed out, while the content creators ex- and present can be silenced, we cannot be. The things we do collect can at minimum may be used to taken to Diet Prada and at maximum be used to legally argue Shreddy's actions or take steps around their legal threat because they are not lies. But this is some disgusting tit on a whole other level - it's actually hilarious. We always knew Grace couldn't take any criticisms but now she's willing to sue.

@ any of the content creators who are here, it all sounds really scary at face front, but just take a breather and surely you can all come together retrace your steps, gather your receipts, and figure out what you can share through an anonymous account. There is no way this is legally valid - it's not defamation if there is evidence to show Shreddy said and did what you have all said they did verbatim. Maybe you can unionize. Don't let Grace scare you.

And I think if Grace could even possibly come back from this, this is not something people will forget for a very long time.

Also another form of resisting or fighting Grace and Shreddy is merely for everyone or many people to cancel their subscriptions as protest. That is a whole other action that can be campaigned for. They can't sue people for wanting to cancel their subscriptions.

EDIT to say: I just noticed an account that says boycott shreddy.

As people who care here, maybe we could help by now really actively taking screenshots and receipts as a team. I definitely will try my best to.

@alfiesheloved what is your twitter account btw?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Honestly I am so disappointed. For someone who has advocated for fair pay for influencers in the past, it is astonishing that she is treating her creators like this. They are coming forward with genuine complaints, that grace herself has spoken about in the past!

Something being legal and in line with someone’s contract DOES NOT MAKE IT ETHICAL. Paying creators a 3% commission IS NOT ETHICAL! Manipulating creators into making you hours of content and then never paying them IS NOT ETHICAL!!! Legal? Yes. Ethical? No way in hell.

Grace... please just listen to what your creators are saying. You have advocated for young women like this in the past and you yourself were in their position once. Stop accusing people of lying and just listen to what they have to say.
She’s also said that “3% isn’t abnormal for a small brand” A small brand? This is a brand that a) you brag about being a multi million pound business that can afford to send countless gifts to big influencers and b) has a USP of being ethical and “women supporting women”

Accept that this is unfair - apologise - change it - move on.

Reactions: 26
in the comments of a depop sponsored post, no less
i can’t see any comments where she’s arguing can u point me in the right direction please?

and just to add, everyone who has commented on this post in the last few hours has articulated the issues so well

Reactions: 6
Odds on that Grace was waiting for everyone from genflow to go to bed so that she could get rowdy and defensive on the insta comments
Honestly I think other stakeholders are going to have to start talking about putting Grace on forced leave for a while or something, if there is any chance of this company being viable without just being Grace merch they are going to have to. Tala and Shreddy at this point are completely interchangable with Grace's personal brand and account, all of her customers are her followers and with her spiralling like this, a new controversy every single day... somethings gotta give. They need to remove Grace from the face of the company in order to reach a wider customer base and ensure the business won't flop when she inevitably does...

Reactions: 16
She has now said on insta that they "dont pay in exposure" - it's obvious from what's been said that they dangled that carrot good and proper even if it wasnt explicitly stated in the contracts. Her constant re framing and re writing of history infuriates me!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.