Grace Beverley #3 Boss babe CEO, worlds locked down so off on holiday I go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ffs people are suggesting her "passion project" is a business guide. The only advice she can offer would be:
Step 1: Be born into a rich family
Step 2: Have a genetically good figure
Step 3: Take a bunch of half naked pics to build up a following
Step 4: Scam them and make millions

Still, I'd rather it be that than a Ted Talk. Don't think I can deal with her head getting any bigger..

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Did anyone see that she used the words ‘people who idolise me’

I’m sorry, but excuse me??? What an ego she has - idolise??? Christ alive.

ps: also I have a real issue with the half tan half no tan boob. it’s not a nice look

Reactions: 15
Did anyone see that she used the words ‘people who idolise me’

I’m sorry, but excuse me??? What an ego she has - idolise??? Christ alive.

ps: also I have a real issue with the half tan half no tan boob. it’s not a nice look
Yeah saw that, not sure who she's referring to there tbh. Also she's got some weird complex about being a "leader"

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
What would they even gain from making something like that up though? Idk... Hard to say without hard evidence and even then there's gonna be people who speculate it being fabricated/faked and doctored in some way. To me it sounds pretty legit, going from them saying they'd share their other screenshots of being harassed to give validity to their claim, something they don't have to do but are willing to anyway, and lets be honest here its definitely something Grace would make her sister do... I wouldn't put it past her: the whole family is shady af.
havent caught up with all of this thread but this defo happened there were screenshots posted on GG im pretty sure but it was flora not violet, and people thought flora was reading GG at the time

Reactions: 11
havent caught up with all of this thread but this defo happened there were screenshots posted on GG im pretty sure but it was flora not violet, and people thought flora was reading GG at the time
agreed, pretty sure it was flora.

Reactions: 1
I will never understand why she didn't put more energy and effort into having a few, key, staple items. Like 2 or 3 kinds of leggings, a pair of shorts and like 3 tops, 3 bras. And stop there. Truly be the sustainable queen she thinks she is, the prices could be slightly higher but it would be genuinely good quality, long lasting material. Coming out with constant new releases is fast fashion no matter how she wants to spin it. Such a dick

Reactions: 23
It looks like a personal statement to go along with an application of some sort...interesting as she writes as if it's one business instead of the multiple businesses she talks about on social media.

Also, the grammar in these sentences?!?! I hope she has someone review this before she sends it out.

"Funnily I think in some ways it's got better, and in some ways it's got worse as everything grows - I've proved myself multiple times, and yet I feel that success comes with a constant need to prove yourself further so you haven't already peaked."
Honestly, people may feel bad for her but this was all so annoying for me to read. She is just this weird constant cycle of imposter syndrome and insecurity leading to a huge ego trip to make herself feel better and back again. And everything she says is redundant self-ass kissing. If she was a normal humble grateful honest human, I'd feel for her but she isn't so I really don't.

ffs people are suggesting her "passion project" is a business guide. The only advice she can offer would be:
Step 1: Be born into a rich family
Step 2: Have a genetically good figure
Step 3: Take a bunch of half naked pics to build up a following
Step 4: Scam them and make millions

Still, I'd rather it be that than a Ted Talk. Don't think I can deal with her head getting any bigger..
OMG SAME!!! I was literally like if it is a Ted Talk I am actually gonna shoot my ears out. Imagine her going on stage and trying to teach people about "what it's like to be a young underrepresented woman in business who is never taken seriously but has now made three companies and reached forbes after graduating from Oxford". Ok wow I could just do this Ted Talk for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
(Never posted, sorry for rambling). I actually started learning more about sustainability BECAUSE of grace a while back. I am by no means an expert on sustainability, but I find her behavior SO unethical for someone who constantly touts their “ethos”.

My understanding is that sustainability is a COMMON GOAL, and it requires everyone to do their part to make progress. I’m in the process of switching out unsustainable and unethical products in my life and I know how challenging it is to swap your convenient favs for something that is probably more expensive and harder to get. Grace herself is always preaching that even small changes should be congratulated, which I absolutely agree with, but if we all used “working really hard” as an excuse to take a private jet and eat seafood, there would be no sustainability movement. Everyone has a job, Grace, and you don’t get a special pass to behave unethically as a reward for “being a CEO”. It’s the same thing with the coronavirus- I’m sure all the nurses out there who have been pulling overtime would love to go to a club and have a drink since they work so hard (presumably, harder than an Instagram influencer), but if they all did then we’d make no progress fighting coronavirus.

I’m sure someone else could say this more eloquently but it irks me that she claims to support these collective movements but then puts herself above them as an individual.

Not to mention all of her fans in her replies agreeing that she should go on holiday or buy a new car or get a hot tub because she “works so hard”. Her followers see their role model validating that if you are successful or wealthy, you can be excused from your obligations. It’s a selfish and potentially dangerous idea to have, IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Danielle Bernstein, whose clothes Grace has been constantly wearing and tagging, just got exposed by Diet Prada for stealing a mask design from a small Latina female business owner. I'm reading the comments and this isn't the first time she ripped off an indie small business whose samples and products she received for free. Is this what it is to truly "vote" with your money, stand up for women of color, and small businesses Grace? Oh wait no it's fine for you to "make mistakes" and support problematic people and brands bc you're a boss babe. I'm tired of white influencers and their performative allyship.

Reactions: 9
I’m sure someone else could say this more eloquently but it irks me that she claims to support these collective movements but then puts herself above them as an individual.
this!!! Everyone else is heavily criticised for supporting fast fashion because there’s no way you should be allowed to do that but when she wants to rack up her air miles and sit in a constantly refilled hot tub and shop flamboyantly rather than essentially it’s okay? And she lets herself and others justify it because she works hard. Can you imagine if everyone that worked hard also had that view? And also she seems to think rich and well known = hard working. Like you said hard work comes in many different forms eg everyone in the NHS also.

i just don’t understand how you can claim to want to disrupt the industry but you can’t even commit to the big changes in your own life. Disruption isn’t easy, and it takes a lot of commitment - leave the job to someone truly passionate if it’s too much for you to no longer wear PLT and pop to fendi for more unnecessary items.

she cries on social media so much about being harshly criticised, then don’t make all these big claims about changing the world hun when you can’t even change your own life

Reactions: 16
No offense to the model they’ve used but she’s literally not supported in any way by that set. There’s no way that’s gonna look flattering underneath any clothes

Reactions: 3
No offense to the model they’ve used but she’s literally not supported in any way by that set. There’s no way that’s gonna look flattering underneath any clothes
Especially the bodysuit, sooooo see through

Reactions: 1
Not to mention all of her fans in her replies agreeing that she should go on holiday or buy a new car or get a hot tub because she “works so hard”. Her followers see their role model validating that if you are successful or wealthy, you can be excused from your obligations. It’s a selfish and potentially dangerous idea to have, IMO.
It was the same on the GFG group yesterday. Massive arguments on a post from people disagreeing if it's right or not to go on holiday

Reactions: 2
"Disruption" is basically Silicon-valley speak for doing any random tit you can think of, and hoping something sticks/catches on.

Reactions: 13
"Disruption" is basically Silicon-valley speak for doing any random tit you can think of, and hoping something sticks/catches on.
I'd go so far as to say it's Genflow's language, not Grace's. I also found a statement from Grace on their website, which basically confirms that even the original GraceFitGuide and bands were done through Genflow.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Does anyone remember when she kept trying to get her followers to create a Monzo account so she could get £5 free from each person that created one. This was when I supported her products and I thought it was so unethical and irresponsible. For anyone that isn’t familiar with monzo, it’s way too easy to create a bank account with pretty much any overdraft you want which you get charged 50p a day for - it’s known as being very dangerous for young people and their credit scores. The fact grace promoted this many times to get some free money didn’t sit right with me, as she should be using her platform to responsibly and not encouraging her young followers to randomly open up bank accounts to get their fave a free fiver - she didn’t even provide any info with it so lots of young people would mindlessly open accounts not being aware of the negative credit impact. I know she came under attack for this and monzo shortly after stopped their free £5 scheme. And she wonders why people don’t believe her for saying she values her customers and ethical production over profit...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
By the way, the project is absolutely going to be a ted talk if those stories are anything to go from.

Does anyone remember when she kept trying to get her followers to create a Monzo account so she could get £5 free from each person that created one. This was when I supported her products and I thought it was so unethical and irresponsible. For anyone that isn’t familiar with monzo, it’s way too easy to create a bank account with pretty much any overdraft you want which you get charged 50p a day for - it’s known as being very dangerous for young people and their credit scores. The fact grace promoted this many times to get some free money didn’t sit right with me, as she should be using her platform to responsibly and not encouraging her young followers to randomly open up bank accounts to get their fave a free fiver - she didn’t even provide any info with it so lots of young people would mindlessly open accounts not being aware of the negative credit impact. I know she came under attack for this and monzo shortly after stopped their free £5 scheme. And she wonders why people don’t believe her for saying she values her customers and ethical production over profit...
I use Monzo, but I literally load it up with only what I use on extra spending for the month so I can use the features like the coin jar and labelling of my spending. Never signed up through those promotions though, I didn't trust them before I did my own research.

Reactions: 8
No way, did she actually do that? That is ridiculous

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.