Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know right?! Like what other 'CEO' messages people that sort of stuff (or has the time), it's the type of response I'd expect from a relatively new/young influencer without much experience but Grace has been doing social media for so long now I was surprised that she actually had that sort of reaction! Also the way she says 'focus on yourself' like it's weird that we have said anything to her, she has 1mil followers its not like she's some random girl down the road who we're calling out - what she does/says actually carries influence and matters to some people.

I think the reason a lot of us are now disenfranchised with her is that we started out as fans, we were rooting for her (cue Tyra Banks) but it's just obvious now she doesn't care about/particularly like her audience.

Reactions: 3
It because Jackie Aina has promoted this initiative (not sure whether she started it or not) to have brands who posted BLM messages to put their money where their mouth is and actually show that they truly do support the community by hiring a diverse workforce.
Not going to lie, side eyeing some of those figures but if they are correct, fair enough

Reactions: 2
And is this team like actually her team or is she talking about glenflow, gleam etc here
IKR and like who actually hires these ppl is it actually you or Genflow or whoever actually runs the businesses
Lol Grace your white fragility is really showing huh. Also that remark about laughing at you with her friends is disgusting that is some weird bullying shit right there. What happened to #bekind

Reactions: 6
All the girls who take part in her work quizzes and went on the holiday to Porto were white, so those figures are slightly suspicious. She did say they have hired people in their 40s and 50s, but her actual teams are very small so its easy to say 50% of hires this year have been WoC when you're only hiring 2 maybe 4 people? Plus the model figures are much higher which shows they like to appear like a diverse workforce but in the office it's a slightly different story. Maybe I'm being too hard on her, but I just think she is shouting the loudest about BLM right now whilst her own sister is uploading bikini pics to instagram.

I think it's good she's calling out Oxford University on twitter, I hope they respond and kick out the racist students on the post she shared.

Reactions: 14
Even IF the numbers are true. Why does she only show the 4 white girls that are all 18-25 ish.....

I recon she’s used the gleam and glenflow stats

Reactions: 15
As far as I can remember she has never featured any of these women of colour on the Tala page. I know some people might not want to be shown, but it's hard to trust her when she keeps showing us the same 18-21 year old clearly middle class white girls.

I'd also be interested to hear other equality and diversity figures- what ethnicities are the "other" POC she mentions here? how many LGBT people do they hire, how many disabled people do they hire? (But those two are more a personal thing cause disabled people can really get shafted when it comes to being hired)

Reactions: 3
This is such an example of white priveledge, how was she not expelled?! Imagine a WOC had done something like this??

I don’t get how the stats work, didn’t she say it was a tiny team? If so why do they even have more than 1 manager?

Reactions: 4
I thiiiink she's including Genflow employees as I believe the founder and a lot of Genflow's employees are POC. I'm literally just assuming because like you guys have said it seems to me that all of grace's personal hires are young white women. However, I'm sure there are lots more people who work behind the scenes that we don't know about so I might be completely wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ahh that makes sense!

The Genflow founder is South Asian I believe

I’ve never seen anyone else so intent on showing off their wealth / bragging.

Reactions: 6
How is she throwing a party whilst maintaining social distancing, in her tiny garden, when it's pouring it down with rain? I smell a few lies.

Reactions: 17
How is she throwing a party whilst maintaining social distancing, in her tiny garden, when it's pouring it down with rain? I smell a few lies.
It's so funny actually as I have a friend who also had a garden party today for her birthday (I didn't go and advised them against it btw as I didn't think they'd keep up the social distancing) and, would you have it, despite the good intentions to begin with the social distancing slowly disintegrated and they ended up acting like normal and because of the shit weather ended up going inside.

I'm sure Grace and her fam intended for this garden party to be completely socially distanced and in line with lockdown rules (maybe it was!) but I also sincerely doubt that in a small garden like that they would have been able to keep it up for the entire party. I'm also genuinely curious as to how they managed to get that huge light up 20 delivered and through her house into the back garden whilst maintaining social distancing.

Hopefully they managed to maintain the 2m distance and didn't share any food, but if not hopefully they keep within the same social bubble for the next few weeks!

Reactions: 2
yeh i went to my parents house last week for a bbq but we only managed to socially disgance asthere were 4 of us and in a big garden! i sm so annoyed how irresponsible people are being

I don’t remember seeing that many BIPOC sitting around the table in Porto, in the conference room staring at a big screen for any of the launches or for the Tala is 1 party zoom call

Reactions: 7
This could be a huge reach but part of the reason why I think that she hasn't hired any BIPOC for her inner circle is because she's conscious of how alienating one could have wider ramifications within the respective BIPOC communities.

Cancel culture is real, but doesn't really hold the same weight in white circles...

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.