Grace Beverley #15 Rags to riches, shows off her stitches, bestseller on amazon witches

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: furry chin. I noticed today I’m looking furry and I normally dermaplane. Isn’t it wild how our expectations change? Like 10 years ago I wouldn’t have cared but now I’m like wow I look fuzzy.

Looks aside- goddamn dermaplaning makes make up application 10x smoother. It really is the bestest
Sorry to go off track but do you do this yourself with something you’ve bought or go somewhere for it? Xx

Reactions: 4
Re: furry chin. I noticed today I’m looking furry and I normally dermaplane. Isn’t it wild how our expectations change? Like 10 years ago I wouldn’t have cared but now I’m like wow I look fuzzy.

Looks aside- goddamn dermaplaning makes make up application 10x smoother. It really is the bestest
can i ask, do you do it yourself or have it done professionally?

Screenshot 2021-05-21 16.31.02.png

Don't think this follower has gotten to the spellcheck part of the book yet "Workkng hard or hardly working" besides that's not even correct, the title of the book is Working Hard, Hardly Working. duck off lol

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She can’t even pay for a blow dry. Makes me madder and madder every time she gets something #adgifted - talk about hoarding wealth, please pay people who provide you with a service!!
This is what's wrong with this whole influencer thing. Always pisses me off when they insist it's a job.... Aye so hard putting some selfies online and getting everything for free 🙄 yeah some put out good content but majority are just parasites living their freeloading lives 🙄

Reactions: 35
She can’t even pay for a blow dry. Makes me madder and madder every time she gets something #adgifted - talk about hoarding wealth, please pay people who provide you with a service!!
Sooooo busy yet has time for a gifted blow dry...

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Why the duck does a blow-dry usually take her an hour? I have very thick hair (like every hairdresser I've ever had has commented on how much hair I have) and it still only takes absolute max 45 minutes - her hair doesn't look at all thick?

Reactions: 18
Why the duck does a blow-dry usually take her an hour? I have very thick hair (like every hairdresser I've ever had has commented on how much hair I have) and it still only takes absolute max 45 minutes - her hair doesn't look at all thick?
and isn;t a lot of it extensions anyway?

Reactions: 13
View attachment 583988

Don't think this follower has gotten to the spellcheck part of the book yet "Workkng hard or hardly working" besides that's not even correct, the title of the book is Working Hard, Hardly Working. duck off lol
This quote omg

"Yet the idea of balance finds itself - often sarcastically, with an aggressively raised eyebrow - sitting within the ‘be kind to yourself’ club, teetering into a justification for putting on a facemask instead of finishing that project you started."

What the duck does this MEAN???? absolute bleeping word salad, how the duck has she managed to get this published

• Haha
Reactions: 64
so it's not all about working 24/7 then her latest post has a quote about working , also wtf is she asking her followers for cryptocurrency advice?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ok so this is a bit off topic and i never post here but i have a minor theory about grace/her success etc.
I feel like she was super popular when she was a student only because that was more relatable to people - her actual life is so far from normal (generational wealth, family homes worth millions, private boarding school) .
So many rich private school students go to uni and pretend like they are ‘normal’ and relatable, they pretend to be skint and have no money when in reality they will always be supported by their family and have their wealth to fall back on if anything goes wrong!
You can totally see this in grace with her bs about being unable to pay her uni fees and having to write the guides to pay (which is weird to make a point of anyway as most typical uni students get a loan because no one has a spare 9 grand a year).
Now that grace has left uni and can’t use that persona to be relatable people see her for who she actually is which is why i think her success is dwindling!! I used to watch her uni vlogs all the time- I had no clue about her background and just thought she was super hard working and had done well by getting into Oxford, which is deffo the image she portrayed imo. Now with her constant #girlboss insta posts and tit book that helps no one, everyone can see she is someone who few people can relate to or even understand (million pound mansion, no proper job given that she can go gym and get blow drys in the middle of the work day, aspirations to be a billionaire). She’s a capitalist that only cares about profit and her own success. Her TALA products are crappy and break easily. The company is just complete green washing and their fast fashion model of constant launches is far from sustainable. So much of shreddy’s messaging and branding goes against her supposed left wing morals. Advertising in the daily mail and the emphasis on looking snatched or booty goals over feeling strong and healthy is so shocking for someone who self proclaims as a left wing feminist. I think a lot of people are seeing now that she isn’t who she portrayed in her uni vlogs.
I’m so sorry for this ramble and I’m sure none of it made sense but I needed to brain dump. Thanks to anyone who made it to the end of this lmao.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Ok so this is a bit off topic and i never post here but i have a minor theory about grace/her success etc.
I feel like she was super popular when she was a student only because that was more relatable to people - her actual life is so far from normal (generational wealth, family homes worth millions, private boarding school) .
So many rich private school students go to uni and pretend like they are ‘normal’ and relatable, they pretend to be skint and have no money when in reality they will always be supported by their family and have their wealth to fall back on if anything goes wrong!
You can totally see this in grace with her bs about being unable to pay her uni fees and having to write the guides to pay (which is weird to make a point of anyway as most typical uni students get a loan because no one has a spare 9 grand a year).
Now that grace has left uni and can’t use that persona to be relatable people see her for who she actually is which is why i think her success is dwindling!! I used to watch her uni vlogs all the time- I had no clue about her background and just thought she was super hard working and had done well by getting into Oxford, which is deffo the image she portrayed imo. Now with her constant #girlboss insta posts and tit book that helps no one, everyone can see she is someone who few people can relate to or even understand (million pound mansion, no proper job given that she can go gym and get blow drys in the middle of the work day, aspirations to be a billionaire). She’s a capitalist that only cares about profit and her own success. Her TALA products are crappy and break easily. The company is just complete green washing and their fast fashion model of constant launches is far from sustainable. So much of shreddy’s messaging and branding goes against her supposed left wing morals. Advertising in the daily mail and the emphasis on looking snatched or booty goals over feeling strong and healthy is so shocking for someone who self proclaims as a left wing feminist. I think a lot of people are seeing now that she isn’t who she portrayed in her uni vlogs.
I’m so sorry for this ramble and I’m sure none of it made sense but I needed to brain dump. Thanks to anyone who made it to the end of this lmao.
Yes I agree, more and more people are realising what a fraud she is.
I think as an influencer, she has kinda run her course tbh. I don’t know who she even really appeals to anymore, the only people I see hyping her up these days are other rich white boss babe wannabes.

Reactions: 38
I wonder if Grace and all her sisters actually had a trust fund or if it’s been invested for them that they have access to. Or if they get lumps of money from their parents for each ‘business idea or project’ they have. Because if you look at Grace compared to her sisters, they don’t seem to have any inherited money and no where near what Grace does

Reactions: 10
I wonder if Grace and all her sisters actually had a trust fund or if it’s been invested for them that they have access to. Or if they get lumps of money from their parents for each ‘business idea or project’ they have. Because if you look at Grace compared to her sisters, they don’t seem to have any inherited money and no where near what Grace does
She has clearly made loads from her company, but I think all of the sisters would have got money from their parents, her sister that lives in Bristol doesn't seem (as far as I can tell) to work that much and buying a house is still a very big deal, and imo most people who basically start careers on instagram (as she seems to have done) tend to be able to do so at first as they have money from their parents. I also think her having a smaller house and getting stuff from gumtree etc is not a financial issue, it is because she is genuinley interested in being sustainable

Reactions: 26
They absolutely do, no question about it.
There's no way Grace or Violet bought their houses without an injection of cash from their parents.
Even though Grace has done well business wise (no doubt about it), to have put down £320000 (20% of her house price per the deleted video) + stamp duty (ETA this would have been at least £100k based on the sale price, even as a first time buyer. Could have been tacked onto the mortgage though, but it's generally advisable not to) + solicitors fees + paying for extensive building works even with discounts (would be upwards of £100000 - don't forget the ridic expensive ceiling peel, £12k was it? ) - she would have had to have had help
Flora also hasn't made that much money from instagram to afford a deposit. Even buying with fossil boy.

Let's not forget, they have considerable generational wealth so they'll all benefit from at some point - some sooner than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
They absolutely do, no question about it.
There's no way Grace or Violet bought their houses without an injection of cash from their parents.
Even though Grace has done well business wise (no doubt about it), to have put down £320000 (20% of her house price per the deleted video) + stamp duty + solicitors fees + paying for extensive building works even with discounts (would be upwards of £100000 - don't forget the ridic expensive ceiling peel, £12k was it? ) - she would have had to have had help
Flora also hasn't made that much money from instagram to afford a deposit. Even buying with fossil boy.

Let's not forget, they have considerable generational wealth so they'll all benefit from at some point - some sooner than others.
Definitely this, even a small house in Bristol is obscenely expensive (did a quick Google and the average house price in Bristol is over £350k) I don't see how someone in her position could have raised 35k for a 10% deposit plus agency fees etc. I don't even mean she doesn't work it's just a massive ask for someone who went to uni and hasn't been working for that long. The only people I know who have afforded houses like that by her age on their own worked from 16 or 18 via apprentiships instead of going to uni and lived with parents the whole time instead of renting. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting help from your parents to get an initial deposit together (it's not young people's fault that the British housing market is so broken), but being like grace and pretending that it's all her own hard work and hustle is disingenuous and pretty harmful to all the young girls constantly comparing themselves to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.