Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I saw this all I could think was the YouTube video by Max Fosh about how easy it is to have a best seller on Amazon. (Link here if you have seen it:

hahahhahahahhaha
2CA73B9B-0A36-445C-AC8A-F693F18183CD.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I also have ADHD and yeah that's so true. There's also not much awareness about executive function struggles amongst the general public- many people are happy to judge you as "lazy" if you're not getting the same results as other people instead of realising that people's brains work differently. Productivity advice can't just be one-size-fits-all.
Yasssss!! All good comments!
Nothing frustrates me more than people thinking I must be lazy because if I had Adhd, I’d more proactive. Not realising I have about 20000 thoughts whizzing through my head daily and adhd isn’t just having lots of energy 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

edit to add: I do have adhd but not sure if I worded it right 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yasssss!! All good comments!
Nothing frustrates me more than people thinking I must be lazy because if I had Adhd, I’d more proactive. Not realising I have about 20000 thoughts whizzing through my head daily and adhd isn’t just having lots of energy 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

edit to add: I do have adhd but not sure if I worded it right 🤣
People that think having adhd is OMG SQUIRREL and acting like a 5 year old boy, actually cringe me out and make me want to die. It’s literally the most unhelpful stereotype, especially for women

Reactions: 24
People that think having adhd is OMG SQUIRREL and acting like a 5 year old boy, actually cringe me out and make me want to die. It’s literally the most unhelpful stereotype, especially for women
Agreed! Adhd affects women quite differently too, and worse for women because of the added hormones!

Reactions: 12
Agreed! Adhd affects women quite differently too, and worse for women because of the added hormones!
It is really interesting to read these comments because I have suspected for a while that I’ve had undiagnosed adhd since I was a child. I get all my work done and meet all my deadlines but I get a lot of comments about how I always appear all over the place (I will always keep jumping around on pieces of work) or easily distracted, I can’t do dictation and struggle a lot with memory or being able to focus on a conversation. Simultaneously I’m a perfectionist and will just work endless hours to try get everything done even though it always feels a struggle. Not sure if this is adhd or not but I’ve been thinking about seeking help.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It is really interesting to read these comments because I have suspected for a while that I’ve had undiagnosed adhd since I was a child. I get all my work done and meet all my deadlines but I get a lot of comments about how I always appear all over the place (I will always keep jumping around on pieces of work) or easily distracted, I can’t do dictation and struggle a lot with memory or being able to focus on a conversation. Simultaneously I’m a perfectionist and will just work endless hours to try get everything done even though it always feels a struggle. Not sure if this is adhd or not but I’ve been thinking about seeking help.
Sounds adhd, ask your GP, I dunno how it works getting diagnosed as an adult because I was diagnosed as a child and I had to see a psychiatrist at CAMHS and they sent questionnaires to my school and tit. But if you get a diagnosis, you can get medication. I’ve been on methylphenidate for years and it really helps me with the problem of distraction and stops me jumping around between different bits of work. Defo seek help though, it’s chronically under-diagnosed in women and most don’t get diagnosed until adulthood because the guidelines for diagnosis are basically written as how it is in 5 year old boys haha, so it gets dismissed as mh or something else, but doctors are a lot more wise these days to the way it manifests in women.

When I saw this all I could think was the YouTube video by Max Fosh about how easy it is to have a best seller on Amazon. (Link here if you have seen it:

hahahhahahahhaha
View attachment 416582
I think someone should put out a blank book for like 99p on the same day her comes out in amazon, maybe titled something like "how do some influencers make so much money" with only one word inside the book ("lie") and see if it tops her sales

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I never watch Grace’s videos but a picture just came up on my explore of her new book. Who tf is buying a book on how to work hard from the daughter of two millionaires? Everyone could launch a risky business if they know they have their parents house and money as a safety net. Most people don’t, so most of us get a job after uni. Seriously, wtf is inspiring about a rich person becoming more rich? If she was a man she’d have been laughed out the publishers office for pitching the idea of this book, but somehow being a woman means she can label herself as a girl boss instead of another privileged kid of upper class parents.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I went to the gp about a year ago about this they sent me out a questionnaire and then referred me based on my answers. However I then got a letter saying I was on a two year waiting list to be seen, it could be different in your area

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Sounds adhd, ask your GP, I dunno how it works getting diagnosed as an adult because I was diagnosed as a child and I had to see a psychiatrist at CAMHS and they sent questionnaires to my school and tit.
First time posting (long time lurker)
I've finally found my people. I think my ADHD brought me here! I do not like being lied to and wronged (which is how Grace has made me feel).

I got my ADHD diagnosis at 18 which is almost unheard through the NHS. If you can afford it, my advice would be to go private. The NHS are very reluctant to give an adult an ADHD diagnosis. My brothers both have a diagnosis and I was very lucky to have been assessed by a fantastic consultant (who also works in the private sector). Having my diagnosis has changed my life. Being medicated has significantly improved my mental health and selfworth. I struggled the whole way through school, never being able to retain. Now I'm studying my final year at the uni of my dreams and on a course that challenges me. For anyone who thinks they have it, go for a diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sounds adhd, ask your GP, I dunno how it works getting diagnosed as an adult because I was diagnosed as a child and I had to see a psychiatrist at CAMHS and they sent questionnaires to my school and tit. But if you get a diagnosis, you can get medication. I’ve been on methylphenidate for years and it really helps me with the problem of distraction and stops me jumping around between different bits of work. Defo seek help though, it’s chronically under-diagnosed in women and most don’t get diagnosed until adulthood because the guidelines for diagnosis are basically written as how it is in 5 year old boys haha, so it gets dismissed as mh or something else, but doctors are a lot more wise these days to the way it manifests in women.
thanks so much !! I think I will definitely see what can be done in that case. At school my reports always complained that I had poor attention but (fortunately 🙏🏼) I managed to get good grades so I don’t think there was ever reason for concern. It’s just now I find it really affects my quality of life, and to the point about Grace and her book, nothing that I ever read helped me be more productive.

Edit: thanks to everyone else for the comments too! I half wrote this comment and got distracted elsewhere and then posted it late😅😅

• Heart
  • Haha
I never watch Grace’s videos but a picture just came up on my explore of her new book. Who tf is buying a book on how to work hard from the daughter of two millionaires? Everyone could launch a risky business if they know they have their parents house and money as a safety net. Most people don’t, so most of us get a job after uni. Seriously, wtf is inspiring about a rich person becoming more rich? If she was a man she’d have been laughed out the publishers office for pitching the idea of this book, but somehow being a woman means she can label herself as a girl boss instead of another privileged kid of upper class parents.
umm excuse me, I don’t know if you’re aware but grace actually suffers greatly in the business space for being a woman. Men are allowed to show off cars on their Instagrams when they get rich without negative comments. Poor grace is disproportionately criticised ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 35
First time posting (long time lurker)
I've finally found my people. I think my ADHD brought me here! I do not like being lied to and wronged (which is how Grace has made me feel).

I got my ADHD diagnosis at 18 which is almost unheard through the NHS. If you can afford it, my advice would be to go private. The NHS are very reluctant to give an adult an ADHD diagnosis. My brothers both have a diagnosis and I was very lucky to have been assessed by a fantastic consultant (who also works in the private sector). Having my diagnosis has changed my life. Being medicated has significantly improved my mental health and selfworth. I struggled the whole way through school, never being able to retain. Now I'm studying my final year at the uni of my dreams and on a course that challenges me. For anyone who thinks they have it, go for a diagnosis.
I’m actually shocked at the amount of ADHD people on this thread 🤣🤣 other than my siblings I’ve only ever met 2 other people outside of my family who have it! Tyvm grace for bringing us together🥰
Agreed regarding going private, I’ve not had experience of private medicine but NHS takes forever with mh stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m actually shocked at the amount of ADHD people on this thread 🤣🤣 other than my siblings I’ve only ever met 2 other people outside of my family who have it! Tyvm grace for bringing us together🥰
Agreed regarding going private, I’ve not had experience of private medicine but NHS takes forever with mh stuff
I'm shocked too but not surprised. This is where we have ended up after being taken in by the lies and deception. ADHD people need a place to vent! LOL.

So I know you can get your diagnosis privately and if you contact your GP practice manager they (MAY) allow you to get your prescription through the NHS. Amphetamines are expensive though so you may be turned down by your GP if you get a private diagnosis. Join some ADHD groups online and see what other people have to say as I'm sure they can advise better than me

Reactions: 6
her going on about "after taking 9 months to write it" etc etc... 9 months isn;t really that long to write a book surely? especially your first one and when you claim to spend only 2 days a week or whatever it was

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.