Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her new word of the day is hyper. Hyper-nuanced book incoming - it’s a double whammy!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It depends whether Grubby told Grace the account name. If they just passed on the comment, seeing as it contains no private or identifying information, I think it would be fine. But I don't think it's OK to share the @ of someone’s personal account with the business partner that’s the subject of the complaint, even if it is legal. I would be quite shocked if they did that to me TBH - if I wanted to address Grace using my actual identity, I would message her; not them - though I can’t, because I’m blocked lol

But anyway, I think as influencing and social media are still relatively new forms and platforms of/for work, regulations have yet to catch up to them. It’s this grey area that Grace thrives in - it was legal for her to treat her content creators the way that she did, but it doesn’t mean it’s right.
I think people signing up to instagram and sharing messages through it should know what they share might not be private. When signing up to instagram we accept their terms and conditions-relevant bit below. The fact that the business should think about if it's appropriate to share from customer service perspective is another story, but they didn't breach any laws as far as I'm aware

Screenshot_20210202-154356.png

Reactions: 2
Screenshot_20210202-211548_Instagram.jpg

Also LOL at the jibber-jabber from the two excerpts. I have no idea what I just read. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Me either! Who is this book supposed to be for 😂
Yeah and wtf does she know about "interacting with your manager" - what methods could she have that are applicable to an average person

This book is gonna be full of hyper bollocks that's for sure

Reactions: 14
“Social media expectations and fun-house mirror reflections” why do I feel like I’m reading a Dr Seuss book? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
No, no, no girl. This is just not the identity crisis of an entire generation. It’s just you, other influencers and 14 year olds who haven’t yet learned that social media is fake af and full of people like grace beverley who lie about how they became successful
58F3B785-62A2-4088-A71F-520A6BB37A1D.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 54
It has to be deliberate, she must think it genuinely looks good to have two-tone titties.

I'm just so offended for her breasts, in most of her bikini photos you can see the bikini top digging into her boob because she's got it so tight, it looks so painful!

Embrace your natural assets Grace baby, it's okay to not have perfectly round rocks sat on your rib cage. Live your best droopy titty life, free the boobs.
She posted on her story several months ago saying that the trick to making your boobs look amazing is tanning the first few days of holiday in a bandeau and then wearing triangle style bikinis so they look white and massive 😅😅😅

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Boost productivity - outsource everything
Find your purpose - making money honey
Avoid burnout - hire an executive assistant, take secret holidays and enjoy expensive treatments.
and <?> self care ... her finger was covering

How to achieve more, stress less and feel fulfilled.
How to exploit more, avoid accountability and feel justified.

Yikes

Reactions: 25
Completely unrelatable, pages 6 and 10. Especially 10.

"So while I came to the realisation that I had not a bleeping clue whether I was lazy, burned out, entitled, lost, working hard, hardly working or all of the above, I began to conclude that no one else did either1. In a strange combination of our self-perception being warped by social-media2 expectations and funhouse-mirror reflections of how we're told we are, we've entered into what is not just my identity crisis, but that of an entire generation3. A generation #sponsored by comparison, projection, performativity, hustle, stereotypes, confusion, close inspection of the self by the self - and by everyone else."

1. I'm sorry but what? Why did you come to this conclusion? Because I am not #sponsored, I don't feel pressured by hustle culture at all, I am not confused by anyone but myself (I am the perfect example of someone that will never get a tattoo because I can never make up my mind), I know what I want out of my professional and academic life. And I am technically a millennial (28 years old), who are you talking about Grace? Don't speak on "our generation's" behalf lol

2. Has anyone ever seen social media and funhouse mirror written with a hyphen? What is the point and how did this get approved?? It's not hashtag deep

3. Again, I am not suffering any identity crisis at all. Why is she projecting her insecurities (so it seems) and just assumes that her entire generation feel the same and will relate. Hey maybe I am wrong, maybe other multimillionaires her age feel that way lol.

Really looking forward to a copy online because I won't spend any money on it whatsoever, not even second hand. I don't want it taking space in my bookshelves next to my other books which I treasure like gold.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I’ll give her credit for one thing - her book certainly isn’t ghost written. Anyone can spot her horrifying writing style from a mile off. A style marked by a hyper-obsession with hyphenated words (since when did ‘social-media’ have a hyphen?!), ubiquitously abusing the thesaurus, and an infinite number of ways of describing a simple concept in the most obtuse and needlessly wordy way possible.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
Completely unrelatable, pages 6 and 10. Especially 10.

"So while I came to the realisation that I had not a bleeping clue whether I was lazy, burned out, entitled, lost, working hard, hardly working or all of the above, I began to conclude that no one else did either1. In a strange combination of our self-perception being warped by social-media2 expectations and funhouse-mirror reflections of how we're told we are, we've entered into what is not just my identity crisis, but that of an entire generation3. A generation #sponsored by comparison, projection, performativity, hustle, stereotypes, confusion, close inspection of the self by the self - and by everyone else."

1. I'm sorry but what? Why did you come to this conclusion? Because I am not #sponsored, I don't feel pressured by hustle culture at all, I am not confused by anyone but myself (I am the perfect example of someone that will never get a tattoo because I can never make up my mind), I know what I want out of my professional and academic life. And I am technically a millennial (28 years old), who are you talking about Grace? Don't speak on "our generation's" behalf lol

2. Has anyone ever seen social media and funhouse mirror written with a hyphen? What is the point and how did this get approved?? It's not hashtag deep

3. Again, I am not suffering any identity crisis at all. Why is she projecting her insecurities (so it seems) and just assumes that her entire generation feel the same and will relate. Hey maybe I am wrong, maybe other multimillionaires her age feel that way lol.

Really looking forward to a copy online because I won't spend any money on it whatsoever, not even second hand. I don't want it taking space in my bookshelves next to my other books which I treasure like gold.

her last slide is my reaction to all of this

Reactions: 7
Mixed with BO and unwashed clothes
And what’s with this dutty picture shes posted to reveal the cover of the book? Looks like she was on the sauce the night before it was taken with some empty beer bottle in the background smh. I can’t believe people still simp for this person

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her writing is so bleeping hard to read! I have to read each sentence a few times before I actually understand what she's waffling on about.

As @cookiemunchmunch said, why is she speaking for a whole generation? I'm 27 and I'm certainly not suffering from an identity crisis or burn out, and I doubt any of Grease's teen fanbase are either. Who is the target market for this book, I'm genuinely confused

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.