Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Btw I suffered through the podcast she did that came out today (Secret Leaders) - nothing really new, just the usual stuff we've come to expect from her.
  • Makes her favourite claim that Oxford were watching her every move and had a vendetta against boss babe CEOs: "any suspicion that I wasn’t doing anything up to standard would have resulted in some sort of action which I wouldn’t have liked." She's so dramatic, can promise you they were aware and did not care.
  • The hosts ask her about her biggest tip for productivity. They also ask her to be succinct (presumably because of her rambling before), and of course she rambles on anyway for 5 minutes about her number one productivity tip: getting an Executive Assistant! She then says later that she isn't saying everyone should get an EA because that's obviously ridiculous and not possible for everyone. But still says that she only started balancing her time/setting boundaries as soon as she got the EA. So somehow she is writing a book detailing her personal tips on how to be productive in a healthy way, meanwhile admitting these habits only started when her EA started holding her hand. I'm starting to think the EA should be writing this book, not Grace.
  • Finds it hard to distinguish between trolling and critique, to no one's surprise.
  • Talks about when she posted a recap of her amazing life since university and took it down after people said it was insensitive. She agrees it was insensitive, but then goes on to say how she thinks business owners are critiqued more for going on holidays when they are women. No Grace, people critiqued you for your holidays because you went during a pandemic and behaved like an anti-masker covidiot.
  • References the white feminist book Lean In. Says she doesn't agree with everything in the book but uses it to back up her point about rich women being treated differently to rich men. So many women of colour have written thorough critiques about how harmful that book is and she needs to stop promoting it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Btw, did anyone listen to the podcast Grace was on this morning, about women in business not being able to celebrate their success? I can’t bring myself to listen to it

Btw I suffered through the podcast she did that came out today (Secret Leaders) - nothing really new, just the usual stuff we've come to expect from her.
  • Makes her favourite claim that Oxford were watching her every move and had a vendetta against boss babe CEOs: "any suspicion that I wasn’t doing anything up to standard would have resulted in some sort of action which I wouldn’t have liked." She's so dramatic, can promise you they were aware and did not care.
  • They hosts ask her about her biggest tip for productivity. They also ask her to be succinct (presumably because of her rambling before), and of course she rambles on anyway for 5 minutes about her number one productivity tip: getting an Executive Assistant! She then says later that she isn't saying everyone should get an EA because that's obviously ridiculous and not possible for everyone. But still says that she only started balancing her time/setting boundaries as soon as she got the EA. So somehow she is writing a book detailing her personal tips on how to be productive in a healthy way, meanwhile admitting these habits only started when her EA started holding her hand. I'm starting to think the EA should be writing this book, not Grace.
  • Finds it hard to distinguish between trolling and critique, to no one's surprise.
  • Talks about when she posted a recap of her amazing life since university and took it down after people said it was insensitive. She agrees it was insensitive, but then goes on to say how she thinks business owners are critiqued more for going on holidays when they are women. No Grace, people critiqued you for your holidays because you went during a pandemic and behaved like an anti-masker covidiot.
  • References the white feminist book Lean In. Says she doesn't agree with everything in the book but uses it to back up her point about rich women being treated differently to rich men. So many women of colour have written thorough critiques about how harmful that book is and she needs to stop promoting it.
Lmao thank you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
  • The hosts ask her about her biggest tip for productivity. They also ask her to be succinct (presumably because of her rambling before), and of course she rambles on anyway for 5 minutes about her number one productivity tip: getting an Executive Assistant! She then says later that she isn't saying everyone should get an EA because that's obviously ridiculous and not possible for everyone. But still says that she only started balancing her time/setting boundaries as soon as she got the EA. So somehow she is writing a book detailing her personal tips on how to be productive in a healthy way, meanwhile admitting these habits only started when her EA started holding her hand. I'm starting to think the EA should be writing this book, not Grace.
Did you notice she said she had a week off after she finished her book writing, but completely failed to mention the fact she spent that week getting lit in dubai at illegal parties 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Thank you for taking one for the team

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yea defs a breach of some kind of confidentiality obligation / data protection - that was a private message, not a public comment...

I keep thinking "Grubby" is a new nickname for Grease hahah
It was a DM, not a chat between a patient and their doctor

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Did you notice she said she had a week off after she finished her book writing, but completely failed to mention the fact she spent that week getting lit in dubai at illegal parties 🤣
I completely missed that haha. I did zone out a lot so could’ve missed more.

My fantasy is for one of the journalists who interviews her prior to her book launch to ask her directly about her Dubai trip. A gal can dream.

Reactions: 15
Either way she hasn’t actually reviewed the product, just posted the grubby box saying ‘thnx’ 🥴

Reactions: 16
She is rather immature / toxic. She acts like she doesn’t care but then dedicates 3-4 stories including passive aggressive videos to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It depends whether Grubby told Grace the account name. If they just passed on the comment, seeing as it contains no private or identifying information, I think it would be fine. But I don't think it's OK to share the @ of someone’s personal account with the business partner that’s the subject of the complaint, even if it is legal. I would be quite shocked if they did that to me TBH - if I wanted to address Grace using my actual identity, I would message her; not them - though I can’t, because I’m blocked lol

But anyway, I think as influencing and social media are still relatively new forms and platforms of/for work, regulations have yet to catch up to them. It’s this grey area that Grace thrives in - it was legal for her to treat her content creators the way that she did, but it doesn’t mean it’s right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
It depends whether Grubby told Grace the account name. If they just passed on the comment, seeing as it contains no private or identifying information, I think it would be fine. But I don't think it's OK to share the @ of someone’s personal account with the business partner that’s the subject of the complaint, even if it is legal. I would be quite shocked if they did that to me TBH - if I wanted to address Grace using my actual identity, I would just message her - though I can’t, because I’m blocked lol

But anyway, I think as influencing and social media are still relatively new forms and platforms of/for work, regulations have yet to catch up to them. It’s this grey area that Grace thrives in - it was legal for her to treat her content creators the way that she did, but it doesn’t mean it’s right.
Exactly - businesses in particular have myriad obligations when handling personal data pursuant to statute / regulation, but even GDPR is basically out of date now.
Outside matters of law, even as a matter of principle, its an extremely unprofessional thing for grubby to do.

Grubby & Grease, match made in insta hell 💕

Reactions: 16
I’m genuinely quite saddened as from an Instagram scan they seem like a genuinely nice, small company. But then they a) work with Grace who is tbh quite a controversial figure, b) blindly agree to do Shreddy marketing and c) passed on the private message

Reactions: 19
Soooo she’s not a millionaire but she can afford to donate a bunch of laptops? Why does she keep insinuating that she earns, like, just above the average wage or something. She’s loaded from Shreddy/Tala.

At least she’s making some use of her money, though.

Reactions: 27
Absolutely floored that Grace’a advice on productivity is to just hire employees

• Haha
Reactions: 71
also, it’s a larger argument we don’t need to get into, but charity, especially in some African countries, can be super problematic - lots of wealthy people just patting themselves on the back and not understanding or engaging in the wider context
Thank you for saying this!!! I totally 100% agree, I'm a firm believer in supporting charities doing sustainable work, so when/if they leave those communities the people have tools to support themselves sustainably (skills for livelihood development, suitable links and support within/outside community etc). Not just giving money for a house/food/education, because as we know those things aren't enough. Definitely a bigger conversation for another day but nice to hear someone mention it! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes... because holding (influential) people accountable is the same as telling her “I don’t like your content” or “I don’t like your furniture”... she really can’t tell the difference between legitimate criticism and hate

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.