Gossip Girl Reboot - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gossip Girl here, your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite.

Its 2021. B & S have lost their crowns as the Queen's of Mahattan. And I've moved to HBO.

So grab a seat at the Met stairs and let's see what these newbies have to offer.

Can they new GGs bring more drama than the OG? Find out July 8.

I have left you a sneak peek. Don't say I'm never nice.

Reactions: 3
I didn't think I'd have much interest in this but I thought the trailer was pretty good so I'll watch if it airs over here. Anyone know if it will be shown in the UK/Ireland? It's on HBO so I'm hoping Sky will pick it up.

I've seen that there's a joke about Suki whatever (the one going out with RPatz) in one of the eps that she's responded to in the press about. Still not available to watch in the UK yet?

Hi all,

It seems the thread has been quiet so I thought i should shake it up a bit

Gossip Girl is coming to the UK. So get your tea and biscuits for Wednesday 25 August at 10.36pm BBC one

Your Queen B is back on your screens

And if you aren't able to make the party. Do catch up on iplayer.

Let's see if the new kids can bring the drama.

Xoxo GossWhore
iPlayer.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi all,

It seems the thread has been quiet so I thought i should shake it up a bit

Gossip Girl is coming to the UK. So get your tea and biscuits for Wednesday 25 August at 10.36pm BBC one

Your Queen B is back on your screens

And if you aren't able to make the party. Do catch up on iplayer.

Let's see if the new kids can bring the drama.

Xoxo GossWhore
.View attachment 729161
anyone seen it? it had a very negative review in the guardian

I've watched the first episode. It's definitely not as engaging as the first episode of the original series. The voiceover is not as sharp or witty as the original either. The music isn't as good (still remember the shot of Serena coming into NY with Young Ones playing). Quite disappointing. Does it get any better?

Reactions: 1
I’ve been watching it. I don’t really like any of the characters, they’re all a bit bland so far. Some of the acting (Kate and Aki) makes Curtis Pritchard in Hollyoaks look like Al Pacino. It does get slightly better but it’s hard to be invested.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Haven’t watched it as it’s not in Germany yet but I have read quite a few horrible reviews! Basically saying either watch the original GG or Elite as this show is basically trying to be both.
Hopefully I’ll be able to watch it on catch up when I visit in september though 🤞🏻 See you guys then? 😂

I watched some of the first episode and got bored. If its a new generation why have they got a Dan and Chuck lookalike etc?

Reactions: 4
I watched some of the first episode and got bored. If its a new generation why have they got a Dan and Chuck lookalike etc?
yeah I don't get this either, either make a new show or don't bother imo. I wonder who gossip girl ends up as this time 😂

I watched the first episode last night and while I find it a bit cringe (the look a like dan and the teachers more than anything) I am absolutely going to be addicted and expect to finish the whole thing by this time next week

stay tuned upper east siders 🤣xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I gave up after 2 minutes, a reboot with a gen z edge just isn't appealing 😴

Then again I lost all interest in the original once they left school.

Reactions: 3
I've watched the first (I think)2 episodes, the premise of this makes less sense than the original. it is just like a blander much more boring version. won't bother continuing

Everyone is a Vanessa and noone is a Blair

Julian is not a convincing it girl. An influencer who has no influence? And don't let me start on the "I'm a Bully" speech. Girl shut up. I would have liked it if she pretended about that speech. She needs to be like the influencers we love to hate. She should of can taking aesthetic photos at that rally like these dumb influencers below

influencer-1.jpg

They have everyone very socially aware when we know many people especially influencers are not

Zoya is a 14 year old with a 17 year old boyfriend. Yeah you're socially conscious when you want to be.

And my last rant THE TEACHERS
- Kates voice makes me want to punch her
- Why are they taking photos of students getting changed?
- Why are they GG?

• Heart
Reactions: 10